MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Fair-Medium
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 2/12/2019 11:22:00 AM

I love this foundation when my skin is looking good and I just need to even out some slight discoloration. It is sheer to light coverage but can be built with multiple applications.

The finish is so natural that it is hard to detect that I am wearing it it. I like to apply with a sponge and push into my skin rather than wiping across.

This topped with a light layering of MAC powder, and a little concealer under the eyes is just about all I wear during the warmer months on the Gulf Coast. It isn’t sweatproof, but when I sweat while wearing it I do not have trails running down my face nor do I look like my face is melting!

The Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation is near an exact dupe, but more expensive. I will stick to my MAC!

Mac Face and Body Foundation

I got this foundation a while back because I wanted to give it a try.

However, I knew and heard about it beforehand because it's known for the natural finish that it gives.

Perfect for me and an everyday makeup look, I do not like a heavy or full coverage foundation, this isn't my cup of tea when it comes to my daily makeup!

So, I tested it out plus tried it out in various application methods, so that I thought, I could share these with you guys as well.

Pros:

- long-wearing
- lightweight
- natural finish

Cons:

- not fragrance-free
- not many shades available

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really enjoy using this. I am Acne Prone with some acne scars / pigmentation and would repurchase this again. It's a great sheer foundation that evens out your skintone and makes you look glowly. If I have a spot I don't layer this up i just put concealer on the trouble area and powder over my t-zone. it's great no fuss.

on 2/5/2019 8:30:00 AM

this is a great foundation for dry skin, i recommend it using it with your hands instead of a brush or a sponge.
it gives the most beautiful finish, dewy and skin like.
the problem is that it breaks me out so i cannot use it and it stains everything that it touches, so i would highly recommend being very careful with your clothes when you use it.

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

on 12/19/2018 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy grail foundation!!! Light coverage but you can build it up. It does not fade or separate during the day. If I want more coverage I just use some concealer to cover up blemishes and some redness and that does the trick. It’s very light weight and dewy. Perfect for my dry flaky skin.

Wish the packaging was different but otherwise the best!

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very sheer but somehow I can feel it all day on my face and it stresses me out. I hate feeling it. Gets too shiny

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

on 11/5/2018 10:49:00 PM

This product looks amazing on, it’s stellar HOWEVER one of the ingredients caused my skin to break out in cysts all over my forehead and chin :( My skin was flawless prior and after it looks so horrible! You’ve been warned. If you have break out prone skin stay away!