MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Sensitive
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.9

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will always keep Face & Body in my rotation. It’s so unique; while there are many light coverage foundations, this one truly looks like my skin but better. It gives me a lovely glow but feels like I have nothing on my face. I find that the best way to apply is to use your fingers to rub it in until you feel the consistency change and feel kind of tacky. That’s when the magic happens. I can apply more where needed using the same method. I don’t need to set this as it lasts all day. I will powder my t-zone only. I hope that MAC never changes the formula as it’s a cult classic for a reason.

on 11/19/2018 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been using this since July, it's now late November, and this is my new standard light moisturizing foundation. I'd been looking since Estee Lauder d/c Double Wear Light, and reformulated it. I like this way better.

Light coverage. It won't hide the sunspots on my right cheekbone, but it does nicely blur them and somehow makes all red marks, freckles and sunspots blur into the background leaving a nice clean glowy finish that looks like my skin but radiant. No shimmer, just a dewy glowy look.

I have dry sensitive skin, oily T zone, rosacea, redness, sunspots, freckles and I'm NW15 in MAC. In Face and Body, N1 fits me perfectly.

No reactions, no pimples, no white bumps, red bumps or rashes. Just great looking skin that you can't tell I'm wearing any foundation on from morning till night.

It is sheer, but you can build a bit. If I'm really wanting to hide my sunspots on my cheekbone, or a really red spot, I dot a tiny bit of concealer on and tap it in, and set that with a kiss of finishing powder but most days I don't bother. This is my foundation for my no makeup makeup days.

I do set it very very lightly with a large fluffy brush and some translucent finishing powder if I'm using powder blush, but if I'm using Clinique's chubby stick cream blushes (Amp'd up Apple is a favourite) then I leave it dewy and it does just fine.

I love the extra moisture but for anyone with less than dry skin, you might need to set this for sure. For anyone with aging dry skin, it is wonderful. I wear it over top Jose Marans SPF 47 argan sunscreen which is also super moisturizing.

Just a suggestion, MAC will always give a nice sample to try so when you get them to figure out your shade take it home and try it in daylight. Some MAC people are better than others at matching people, others are right out to lunch and way off.

If you are NC or NW 15 or so then try the N1 first. If you are NC NW 20-25 try N2.

on 6/28/2018 1:01:00 PM

OKAY NOW
This product has officially replaced my old favorite Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Mac Face and Body is exactly the opposite of it. First of all now that I am 19 I realized my skin is a little dryer than when I used to wear heavy and matte foundations at age 16-17. Now they cake on me and in natural light it is EXTREMELY obvious that I am wearing foundation. But not with Mac Face and Body, this foundation evens out my skin tone and makes me look semi-dewy, it doesn't look like I am wearing foundation under any light even if you get very close look to my skin and I love that. Sure this doesn't give me enough coverage to cover my pimples or acne and stuff but now I realized that this gives a perfect base to even out the color on my skin so I can put a little bit concealer on where I need later. This stuff is also water proof and doesn't budge throughout the whole day, it is by far one of the most long wearing foundations I own.
I also really like Mac shade range because it is the only color match that perfectly matches me, I use the color NC30 for my light to a little medium yellow toned skin and I have never found a better color match in all the foundations I own, I usually have to mix two foundations to match me but not with Mac Face and Body.
Since I found this I also want to try the Mac water weight concealer too because I am all into sheer glowy coverage stuff now, I feel like they are the most natural.
Overall this looks extremely like your skin, I cant say it is very dewy but it is not matte obviously, the price is up there for the larger one but it is like over 30 ml, I have been using it for 2 years now not the most sanitary but I haven't still finished it, but still I don't wear makeup everyday. I highly recommend it and I now regret everyday that I didn't used this and used a full coverage matte foundation instead because everybody in my school was like ew you are wearing too much foundation, damn I wish they see my skin now. Anyways 10/10 finish and packaging and maybe 9/10 price.

UPDATE:
This has given me tiny bumps on my face why does god want to play me like that? This has been the best foundation ever for me anyways since this makes my skin look beyond perfect I will continue to wear it because I dont even care anymore bye.

on 6/22/2018 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. It's light in texture--making it warm-weather appropriate-- but somehow the C2 is too light in summer and the C3 is too dark (I'm NC25). I recently wore this to an evening event and looked, in the pictures, as if I had suffered some sort of dreadful arsenic-poisoning incident. It was pasty, sweaty nastiness. I'll either keep this for fall and winter (does the trick just fine then) or else add some bronzing drops.

on 5/24/2018 11:59:00 AM

My skin I have sensitive oily combo skin and I have big pores on my nose and get a few spots and my skins very sensitive so I have redness

I tried this foundation when I was at my friends house as she recommended it me however, I have more sensitive combo oily and she has dry. I was really hesatint Wether to put it on as I saw lots of reviews online saying that they got cystic acne! But I didn’t believe it because my friend didn’t get any acne after wearing it. I applied it with my morphe y6 brush in stippling motions and it went on very airbrushed and I didn’t even add a primer! I added Laura Mercier setting powder as I have more oily skin, I would say it’s sheer coverage but could possibly build after about 3 hours of wearing I started to notice it was getting quite cakey on the forehead and very shiny around my nose.Also parts of the foundation started to separate on my chin and nose, it also felt very itchy on my skin through out the day and it oxides a shade darker too.When I got home I noticed raised bumps on my forehead and chin which weren’t there before also it left my face very irritated when I took it off! Highly do not recommend this foundation at all.

on 5/10/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have mature, dry/combination skin and several lines and furrows. In cool weather I like to use a mineral powder foundation over some serious skincare layering, but find that doesn‘t hold up well throughout the day in summer.

This is where Mac Face and Body comes in. It gives me the light, natural-looking coverage I like and it stays put throughout the working day no matter what I have underneath it: moisturiser / oil, primer / no primer, chemical sunscreen / mineral sunscreen.

It doesn‘t settle into pores (Becca Aqua), slip around or crease (Bourjois Healthy Mix), or leave my face feeling dry (Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet).

The colour isn’t a perfect match. Good matches for me are Mac Pro Longwear NW15, Chanel BR12, Becca Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1C1. In Mac Face and Body, N1 is the closest but veers yellow. It does even out my skin tone well, and it’s definitely good enough for light coverage in summer, but I‘d like to see a W range alongside N and C.

The consistency took me by surprise when I first tried this foundation: it sets seriously fast. These days I dot it on, spread it rapidly with fingers, and then switch to a buffing brush as soon as it goes tacky. It does buff beautifully well.

There is the niggle over the shade range, but I‘m still giving this five stars overall because at the moment I‘d be stumped to find an alternative that looks and feels so good for so long.

Pros:
- Lovely soft feel once on.
- Stays and stays: unusual bonus in a light-coverage foundation.
- Enhances radiance while still looking natural.
- Bottle is easily transportable.

Cons:
- Application has to be fast.
- No rosy tones.
- Bottle isn‘t pretty.

on 4/29/2018 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After wanting to try this for years I found a limited color selection at Nordstroms. It was a little difficult finding a color to begin with as they tended to be yellow based even in N. This foundation was such a let down. No coverage. Did not look nice to build upon. And where is the dewiness? Yes, i doubled up on moisturizer but still was just awful. Returned.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect foundation if, like me, you're looking for a natural-looking foundation that's light but buildable. It smoothens out your skin for that no-make-up look. It's very lightweight - perfect for warm, humid climates. It's great for everyday wear and holds up fairly well to my usual 12-hour days. Two thumbs up!

on 3/26/2018 1:52:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've become spoilt by that Mac F&B tacky/sinking in magic. You know-that point where it just melts into your skin and feels like it's become one with your face? Just a few weeks ago I finished up a bottle of the C1, and figured I'd tuck into a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I'd purchased earlier this winter (B10-wee light, but still doable on my nc20 skin). The Chanel is very nice, don't get me wrong. And I'll happily finish up the bottle. Especially at $50 bucks a pop. But the kicker is that, while the Aqua is pretty similar to the F&B in density, texture, and watery ease of application, I'm still waiting every morning for it to sink in like the F&B would do. And, of course, it doesn't. No offense to Chanel there, as I've never had any other liquid foundation do what F&B does.
And I miss it! Oh, and the Aqua is a bit of a lighter coverage foundation than the F&B also. Not too much, but I can still tell. So there will come a day later this year when I'll happily return to that old F&B magic!

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I yet to meet a MAC foundation that didn't mess up my skin.
For the reference, I have a sensitive normal slightly dehydrated skin with dry patches on cheeks and forehead.

Pros:
- the foundation is very lightweight and looks like skin once applied;
- the best application technique is using the fingers (I love using fingers);
- looks radiant but not greasy upon application, didn't become greasy through the day;
- I don't need to mix two shades to get a perfect match, N3 fits me perfectly.

Cons:
- the lasting power is meh. Stays good for 5 hours and rapidly starts to wear off afterward;
- settling into fine lines as the day goes and moving around, mostly on my dry patches! I never experienced a foundation moving on dry parts of my skin;
- separates and becomes powdery even if I do not set it with powder and even if I only have one thin layer;
- gives me red rashes, not pimples, but a red irritated eczema-like skin.

Overall, I don't get the hype, and from my experience, I have no idea which skin type might enjoy it.