MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

on 3/30/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation: I’m usually a NC42 and I use C5 in the Face and Body Foundation. I’m combo-oily with medium pore size on my cheeks with a bit of redness all across my cheeks and nose.
The trick to love this foundation is to apply it with your fingers. I tried it with a brush (didn’t like the finish) and a sponge (a no-no and not buildable at all with it). When you apply it with your fingers, you can feel the consistency getting tacky as you blend it into your skin and that’s when you know you’ve got it right!
Very lightweight with a natural sheer finish, you can build it to a low-medium coverage but if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne scars, you will not like this foundation.
I feel like it’s impossible to look cakey with this foundation as it never clings to my occasional dry patches (more often during winter time) and it’s the reason why I love it so much. I powder down the very dewy finish and it can get slightly oily during the day but the foundation never breaks down, it just gets glowy-ier. It’s a very good every day foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I kept seeing it in blog posts, and also because I was looking for something to mix my trustee BarePro liquid foundation with. It's a thin, extremely blendable sheer foundation- more like a tint, actually. What I love about this is that it's not heavy at all. I was afraid it would be too rich because I see a lot of dried-skinned folks using this, but it has the lightest consistency. If you compare it with the Glossier Skin Tint, Mac Face and Body feels way lighter and less greasy. It's great for days where you just want to even out your skin (don't forget sunscreen though) or if like me, you have a full coverage foundation that you absolutely adore but need more of an "everyday" coverage. I'm very impressed and will likely repurchase.

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! I use it everyday. Finishing is beautiful (might be too dewy for some people). My skin is red and oily. Though the coverage is light, yellow undertone does help to cover the redness. Since it's water base, my face is less oily than the day I'm using other fdt. I like to apply it with my hands, it's very bendable, however, it sticks to skin quickly, so you should apply it with quick hands. I would repurchase it!

on 10/14/2017 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm 47 yo, combo skin, with no acne or acne marks, and no major wrinkles yet.. This foundation, as well as MAC Waterweight, and Becca's Aqua Luminous Foundation, are the only 3 foundations I have ever liked enough to repurchase over and over.. I like all 3 for different reasons, and I like Face and Body for the satin finish, healthy luminous look it gives, and that it's build able if needed... None of the MAC or Macy's near me sell the larger size anymore, not sure why, but the smaller bottle is $29, and lasts quite awhile for me. I hate foundation, and I don't hate this, or the other two I mentioned. I prefer to apply this with MAC's #187 duo fibre brush(Sonia Kashuk brand from Target sells an amazing duo fibre brush for under $14) as I feel I get the lightest, most luminous, outcome, with plenty of coverage, which is important for my age and skin type. Definitely recommend.

on 6/25/2017 6:32:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

definitely not for oily skin with pores,it makes you very oily and not dewy....because i love dewy effect...take a sample first ,as I did....

on 4/30/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin but even so, I like to use luminous/dewy foundations, I don't like matte foundations on me. Anyway, I really like this foundation, it gives a dewy, juicy look on my face that I love. My skin looks like glowing, in a good way. I carry blotting papers with me and use them during the day, and after blotting, the foundation is still on my face, still perfect and dewy.

I like to use it during very hot days (I live in Texas) because it doesn't feel heavy. I use it over a primer though, and I don't use sunblock or moisturizer with SPF when using this foundation. Sometimes I set it with powder, sometimes I don't. I don't have scars or discolorations to cover, so I use 1 layer. I guess you can apply a second layer but to be honest, I don't think it will give you much coverage. This foundation is very light and very liquid. In hot days when I want more coverage, but still that dewy look, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but that's another review :)

(PS. MAC Face and Body gives me a more dewy look that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua)

ETA: I have hear it photographs very good, but to be honest, I haven't had my picture taken when wearing it. I'll report back when that happens.

Because I have so many foundations (it's my thing) I try to rotate them, so I haven't really used it more than 3-4 days in a row, so I can't tell you if this will make me break out or not, but so far, it hasn't

I use the shade C2, and for reference I'm...
- NC20-25 in MAC
- Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay for oily skin

on 10/19/2016 1:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

My all-time favourite light-medium coverage foundation! Gives enough coverage all over my face - including on my redness. Its very lightweight and comforable, but still lasts all day. Has a bit of a smell, that some dont like, but I dont mind it... Its light and fresh... My only complaint is that the shade range isnt great, I'd love a lighter shade for my fair skin!

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

Finally tried this product after reading lots of reviews on here and watching loads of Youtube video (and of course Wayne Goss who highly recommends it!). I went last week to buy a bottle and was convinced by the MAC salesgirl to buy the Studio Waterweight SPF30 foundation (another nice foundation but another review!). I hate it when sales people do that!!

As a 50 year old (oily/combo with a few fine lines and wrinkles), the main reason I wanted to use this is because I want a very light foundation that will play nice with my sunscreen (Paula's choice Super-Light), the older you get the less attractive a full makeup look is!!

So this weekend I went to MAC again very determined to buy Face and Body! I'm NC20 in the Studio Waterweight and the sales girl recommended C1 which I was a bit nervous of as research and findation.com matched me to C2, anyhow this foundation is so light weight the shade blends perfectly into my fair skin.

I have applied by three methods, with fingers, beauty blender, and buffing brush. It is very runny at first but if you apply with fingers you can feel it suddenly setting so I prefer this way. Even though it sets quite quickly it never looks cakey and if you want to add more to build he coverage you can. Another reason I prefer fingers is, because it is so runny, it got soaked up on my beauty blender and my real techniques brush and was very difficult to wash out afterwards! So fingers is best for me and I think will make the product last longer! I set with E.L.F. finishing powder.

The foundation wears quite well, not like a heavy duty long wearing formula but as a normal foundation. I live in the tropics so touching up in the day is inevitable whatever make up I wear!

Overall I'm very happy with this foundation, remember it has no SPF in so best to use separate sunscreen. Can't believe it's taken me all these years to try. Wish I'd bought the very cost effective 120ml bottle directly from MAC website. I definitely will next time because I think this is going to be a keeper!!

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

I was all set to buy the tinted moisturizer, but the MA convinced me that buying the Face and Body would be a better value because the bottle is so large. I do like the bottle -- its squeeze-style makes it easy to get just the amount it want. The color is great -- I couldn't ask for more in that department. Its a wonderful match that doesn't make me look yellow. However, the texture is sticky. It never sets, and I feel like it wears off pretty easily. Its kind of greasy, too, and I don't think its done well for my skin. I'll use this up, but I'm looking for something else. Aren't there any matte tinted moisturizers in the world?

on 8/23/2015 7:36:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

Little bit of background, I'm an oily skinned person and I like the look of dewy skin some days because I usually have a slight dewy look being oily skinned. I find matter stuff can look too much like makeup.

I'm normally an NC30-35 and use C3 which is a decent match but I think C3 is more for NC25-30

This foundation is very watery and it's best applied with your fingers. I've tried it with brushes and it leaves a weird residue on them.
Rubbing this in, the heat and friction make it become thicker and it sticks to the skin and it's really nice.

The coverage is sheer but it can be built up to a light/medium coverage.
Not medium coverage but definitely more than light coverage.
Something I really like about this is that it can be built up to that light medium coverage and doesn't look cakey at all!

If you try and add more the stuff you have on your fingers starts to liquify the makeup on your face so it starts to move around. So it can really only go up to a light/medium coverage.

I look super greasy when this is first applied. Some days I'll just use a loose powder with a brush on my t-zone to tone the shine down, my face will look super soft with this and I'd get compliments plus it still has that slight dewiness where it's all over but looks really good.
Another way is to "bake" it with loose powder and really set it.
It does look like you have some makeup on with this method but it lasts a lot longer for those with oily skin and doesn't look too matte