MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

on 1/24/2019 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite foundation for a long time. I still love it actually but I realized that it broke me out really badly every time I wore it. Dimethicone is the second ingredient and silicones don’t agree with my skin! It makes me sad that I can’t use this because the price is fair if you buy the big bottle and it is so natural and pretty. I can get too greasy looking on me but I am oily. There is a reason this was my favorite for a long time. Only recently did I make the connection what I used to cover my pimples was actually the cause of some of them. The shades are flexible so there isn’t much stress that it will match you. It never sets down and transfers horribly. It has a tendency to slide as well depending on your moisturizer and primer. It lasts a good amount of time for a sheer foundation. At least 6 hours on me. I switched to mufe water blend it has a similar finish but not silicones. A little less coverage but a excellent substitute if your skin is sensitive like mine

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

Very sheer but somehow I can feel it all day on my face and it stresses me out. I hate feeling it. Gets too shiny

What can i say about this product..!! I never could imagine that i would like this product. I have very fair acne prone skin with a lots of red spots. Even its not the full coverage foundation that i probably would search for , its the best thing i 've ever put on my face. Build it up as much times as you want, you will never look cakey. I like the finish, i like that it is water resistant , its long lasting, i only powder my t zone. My skin never look so flawless and so alive with any other foundation and believe me i tried a lot from a lots of brands like dior , chanel , estee lauder, loreal etc. My skin never looked so alive , so bright. Skin looks like a skin not like a mask. Long lasting, hydrating without excess extra oil, fresh look skin , water proof, what else do you need? Perfect, i wish i had try it before i waste so much money trying to find the best foundation.

Si vous êtes à la recherche d'une couverture légère, finition et un aspect dewy naturel cette fondation est parfait pour vous! Je suis béni avec assez peau claire que j'ai rarement en petits groupes / ne pas avoir de l'acné et j'adore cette base! Je n'ai noir entouré d'un cercle et quelques cicatrices et taches de rousseur qu'ils ne couvrent pas vraiment vous auriez à le construire pour répondre à la couverture souhaitée. Je le recommanderais pour la peau grasse.. n'hesiter pas les filles

on 5/30/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

On some days when I dont want to be fully made up I use this one. The coverage is very buildable one thing I notice is if you want to layer it up you need to wait for the first layer to dry out first before you put on another one with that the coverage will be medium to full. I love using this with my coty airspun translucent extra coverage! My face gets oily around 4hrs and fades out around 7 hrs of wear. No break out or whatsoever another plus for me! by the way i got this in c5 and my shade reference is nc42.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If I could give this negative stars I would. I always trust these reviews and often end up baffled by all the positive reviews. That was definitely the case with this product. I would do a PROS/CONS list, but there were no PROS. This product is horrible for the following reasons...
- Completely un-natural looking
- No coverage
- Goes on uneven
- Rubs off on anything/everything. Don't touch your face!
- Settles into fine lines and makes you look old
This is one of the worst foundations I've ever bought. I'd rather buy a $10 drugstore foundation than this.

on 12/8/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is great . It offers medium coverage, it's very light on the face and gives you a silk finish and glow. For me it works better during summer,but I use it on winter sometimes along with other foundations when I want fuller coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I took a while to come to an opinion regarding this foundation. But, after going through three bottles and many seasons, I have never ever been let down by this. While, this is not my HG, I will ALWAYS have Face&Body on hand regardless of what other foundation I am using.

The PROS:
1. Very forgiving foundation: dry, flakey skin? No matter, this foundation will give even finish. Oily oily hot summer skin? Just powder this baby, and it will not melt off, not be greasy yet wont dehydrate you. Dry mature skin? This foundation will not emphasise fine lines/pores what so ever!
In my experience, even the most expensive foundations can have an occasional bad day. But, this humble baby always always has my back <3
2. Looks like SKIN! Legit. Just slightly more even, slightly better, realistic looking glow and still your own skin. This is important for me. In about 10 years time I won't have my youthful skin anymore, so I hate plastering it with full coverage gunk. Even the high end luxury foundations I have used don't look as skin-like in person as this one does.
I just use concealer where I need help, but using medium/full coverage all over does not look as fresh.
3. Lasts, doesn't make me greasy (and I have a VERY OILY T-ZONE), looks fresh for hours!
4. The plastic bottle is SO EASY to travel with - no more worrying that my glass bottle with break!
5. C6 is a really good match for my summer skin - but again because this is sheer coverage, even slightly off undertone/match is VERY FORGIVING. No more buying 2 foundations, mixing to get my shade - less waste of money.
6. ABSOLUTE VALUE FOR THE PRICE!

Cons:
None really. This is not HG because I am sheep and in search for something that makes me look like those instagram girls lol. Or, the real reason, I haven't given up searching for something that would give me higher coverage (for those special occasions) but still gives me the same finish this foundation (aka looks like skin).

on 8/27/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The face I'm working with: 39, dehydrated combo skin, oily and sometimes also flakey t-zone with noticeable pores, still battling some mild hormonal acne, so quite a bit of texture. Most foundations look bad on my skin these days, they are too obvious, they tend to separate and settle in pores. They don't quite stick to my skin even with exfoliation beforehand, a good moisturiser, primer and careful application with a beauty blender.

I prefer a nice texture over complete coverage. Some of my blemishes are going to show through no matter what I do, the texture is always visible, and I have the kind of under-eye darkness that is caused by shadows cast in recesses in the bone structure under my eyes, concealer doesn't really do anything about that either. I often find myself putting on a full face of make-up, covering up spots and shadows, and thinking that my skin looked better, smoother and less textured without it, blemishes, dark cirkles and all.

So I love Face and Body. It applies beautifully and looks remarkably natural. It doesn't seem to add any texture, it doesn't emphasise flakes, dryness and pores. It looks a lot like slightly better skin. In a way I understand the criticism that it doesn't do anything, because it really does meld with the skin. It doesn't really cover spots and dark circles. It does makes my skin look more even without emphasising any of my texture issues, spots less red and irritated, undereye shadows less dramatic. I will happily sacrifice some coverage for a nice finish and less added texture, so I would say that this is a great foundation for people who don't need a lot of coverage, yes, and also for people with texture issues who prioritize a finish that doesn't add or emphasise texture over maximum coverage.

I'm pale with yellow/olive undertones and quite a bit of pink especially around the t-zone. I wear NC20 in Studio Fix powder, and was matched to N1 in Face and Body. It works well, especially in the summer, but it's slightly too dark and orange in the winter. I have ordered a bottle of C1 and plan to mix them, will probably get a bottle of white as well for winter. The finish is quite dewy on me, so I always set it with powder. It's not mattifying in the least, you will have to blot and powder if you don't want to get shiny, but the staying power is pretty great, and it holds up very well texture-wise too.

on 5/10/2017 11:18:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

Where have you been all my life? I wish I hadn't waited so long to try this, because I absolutely love it. After having my son and getting closer to 30, I've seriously learned to appreciate more natural looking base products. My skin is still a little on the oily side, and this wears wonderfully on me. It's light and comfortable, looks like radiant skin, and is easy to apply. I just apply with my fingers and really work it in until I start feeling that "tug". (Application is key with this, IMO. There are lots of Youtube vids) I only set certain areas very lightly with powder and leave the rest of my face alone.

I've been wearing TMs and BBs/CCs for years now because I've learned to hate foundation and this feels exactly like those, only with a cleaner looking finish.

I'm pale, and N1 works well with my skin. It's not ghostly pale, but it gives my skin life without making me look like I'm orange or have the wrong shade.