MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Combination
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 2/12/2019 11:22:00 AM

I love this foundation when my skin is looking good and I just need to even out some slight discoloration. It is sheer to light coverage but can be built with multiple applications.

The finish is so natural that it is hard to detect that I am wearing it it. I like to apply with a sponge and push into my skin rather than wiping across.

This topped with a light layering of MAC powder, and a little concealer under the eyes is just about all I wear during the warmer months on the Gulf Coast. It isn’t sweatproof, but when I sweat while wearing it I do not have trails running down my face nor do I look like my face is melting!

The Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation is near an exact dupe, but more expensive. I will stick to my MAC!

Mac Face and Body Foundation

I got this foundation a while back because I wanted to give it a try.

However, I knew and heard about it beforehand because it's known for the natural finish that it gives.

Perfect for me and an everyday makeup look, I do not like a heavy or full coverage foundation, this isn't my cup of tea when it comes to my daily makeup!

So, I tested it out plus tried it out in various application methods, so that I thought, I could share these with you guys as well.

Pros:

- long-wearing
- lightweight
- natural finish

Cons:

- not fragrance-free
- not many shades available

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I really enjoy using this. I am Acne Prone with some acne scars / pigmentation and would repurchase this again. It's a great sheer foundation that evens out your skintone and makes you look glowly. If I have a spot I don't layer this up i just put concealer on the trouble area and powder over my t-zone. it's great no fuss.

on 1/29/2019 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite foundation! Gives your skin such a beautiful dewy finish. I either use my fingers or my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply. You can easily build it up from light to medium coverage without it looking cakey at all. I set my t-zone with Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation Powder (a great dupe for MAC MSF Natural) and this combo is perfection. For reference I am C3 or NC35 in the winter, and C4 or NC 40-42 in the summer.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Coarse

It radiates, perfects, beautifies, and lasts. It's the foundation that really defines what foundation is supposed to do for the skin with the addition of being "photogenic". I feel like it should be the benchmark. RMS Un-Cover is the hippie cousin. Armani is the glam aunt with a sugar daddy. Glossier Skin Tint is its acne safe baby sister. And Koh Gen Do Aqua is the Asian ( I'm finding that saying that whatever is being done, an Asian is perfecting is too true with this lol. Aqua obliterates the Face and Body like Mike Tyson did Michael Spinks). This incredibly economical for the quality. You can get 4 oz for less than $40. Practically free if you need to use foundation often. But not great for acne prone and clog prone skin. I figured I should put that out there for precaution. Nothing worse than having pimples, trying to get them controlled, and using something that adds to the problem. The criminal ingredients are stearic acid and talc, two well documented acnegenic ingredients. Sad to say this because it gets my skin tone just right...I'm the C5 shade. For everyone else, if you want a happy skin foundation this is a great start. You'll probably not check anything else if you love it.

This foundation is a light coverage that is very buildable, and I've been able to build it to a solid medium coverage. If you're struggling with the application, try rubbing it in with your fingers instead of using a brush or a sponge because it's designed to give more coverage and last longer if you rub it in with fingers. This foundation is extremely dewy which sounds amazing for my dry skin but it ended up being a bit too dewy for my liking. It was dewy to the point of making me look greasy. I have to set it every time I use it otherwise it will definitely get lifted off my face. Even if I set it, I can still feel it on my skin which is mildly uncomfortable for me. Once I set it though, it ends up being a very long lasting foundation that doesn't look cakey, drying or emphasise my pores. This will definitely even out your skin tone, but won't do much to cover acne spots. I won't repurchase because I don't like how it feels on my skin, and it takes a bit of effort to get it to the level of coverage I want.

Wish the packaging was different but otherwise the best!

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.

on 8/29/2018 9:39:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a good choice of foundation provided you are not oily skinned and not living in a humid country. If both of those combinations apply then this foundation will leave you looking like an oil slick.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

By the end of the day, I can't tell if my foundation is still on or not, it's very subtle coverage. It will lessen the redness on your face and blends in really nicely with your skin. If you are ok going without foundation and want a little extra something-something, this would be your foundation.

It is pretty much useless on acne; you have to conceal spots separately.

The packaging is the worst, it gets so dirty and gross.