MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.1

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

If you have pale skin, you are out of luck when it comes to MAC. Their lightest shades, in every foundation, including this one - is WAY TOO DARK. Orange. Pink. Peach. Just too much color. Even the photos here, their faces don't match their bodies. For truly pale, white skins - SKIP MAC.

It is also shiny, sparkly and oily looking - which just ages women. Young children and teens before they hit puberty, have matte, clean faces. So shiny, oily looking foundations actually make women look older (unless they're like 50 & older & just super dry).

on 6/22/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have normal skin and wear N1 in this foundation. I prefer light coverage that allows my freckles to show, and will not tolerate heaviness from any product. This is my foundation when I require one. This can be layered without detection. Shake well. I apply it over Dr. Carver's Miracle Serum, then moisturizer (various brands from drugstore, ranging from 30spf to 50spf, depending on how I feel), using my hands in downward strokes for each product so that facial hair lays flat, applying foundation only where needed -- above brows, nose and around nostrils, nose-to-mouth lines, old acne scarring on neck (two coats). It is undetectable in northern, natural light. I forget I have it on. No powder is required. It does not settle in lines. It's still on at the end of the day. My skin has never had a reaction to it. I always require the addition of Cerave eye cream under eyes and Maybelline NY Better Skin Superstay Concealer in Light.

Such a pretty foundation! Light coverage and buildable. Such a pretty finish

on 5/10/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best all around foundation out there. It looks great in photos and wears well throughout the day even when it's warm and humid.

on 5/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

I like this foundation, i was looking for something with natural coverage, like a tinted moisturizer. This is great because it doesn’t cling onto my dry spots, like all my other foundations do. I use retinoids, so I always have dry, flakey skin and this foundation doesn’t emphasize them. I apply this with my fingers because a sponge would just soak up all the product since it’s so lightweight. My only complaint is that the colour range isn’t too good as even C1 is too orange for me. I have a paler yellow olive skin tone, but I’m okay with it only because the coverage is so light it melts into my skin and warms it up. Overall I really like this and might purchase the 120ml size.

EDIT: I've been breaking out like crazy lately, with cystic acne on my chin area and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. My prime suspect is this honestly because I've been using this a lot more lately so this could really be it. I'm going to start wearing the Estee Lauder DoubleWear from now on and I'll see if anything changes. (I'm secretly hoping it is this foundation that's breaking me out because then having clear skin again would be an easy fix, ill just stop using this HOWEVER I actually really liked this foundation because it was so lightweight and natural!)

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to like this foundation , I find it looks amazing on my clients but for my personal use I don’t like it. I love the glow it gives, but I find it doesn’t last on my skin, I do set with Laura mercier translucent powder. I’ll stick to my ultra hd by makeup forever

on 9/15/2017 6:13:00 PM

Before I review it, some info about my skin: I am 21, fair with cool undertones, and my skin is relatively smooth and not very oily (I was just on Accutane, went off it about a month ago). I do have some light marks/scars from acne, and redness on my nose and cheeks. So far, I'm a fan of this foundation! It's very light, and it doesn't look like you're wearing a mask on your face. It lets my freckles show through a bit which I like. It's just dewy enough to bring some life to my recently bone-dry post-Accutane skin (it's gotten a little less dry though since going off of it). That being said, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin, or dark marks they are trying to cover up, since it is definitely not full coverage, nor mattifying at all.

Recap-
PROS:
- Since it's water-based, it's hydrating without feeling greasy
- Very natural looking
- Nice consistency
- Doesn't emphasize dry spots

CONS:
- Wouldn't cover dark spots or blemishes
- Not buildable--adding more just causes the product to be pushed around without covering a whole lot
- Would emphasize oily skin

This foundation is amazing, especially for makeup artists. It's great for dry skin since it doesnt cling to dry patches at all. It's also amazing for mature skin.
This is extremely buildable - you can apply up to 5 layers of this product to achieve the coverage you want. The best way to apply it, in my experience, is with your fingers. It's very lightweight, and once applied melts into the skin and looks like your skin but better.
I use this in myself and I also use this on clients. I will def repurchase.

on 8/1/2017 7:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Well, actually I don't see why this foundation has 4 stars.
I liked MAC pro longwear very much, but this one...
I don't see the reason to use a foundation which doesn't do anything at all. You apply it and everything it does makes the skin shiny and I don't see the difference on my face before applying it and after. Maybe some people like it, but I better prefer to apply a moisturiser rathar than foundation like this that doesn't cover anything, looks and feels greasy.
Package is very nice, beutiful shade range, a smell is also very pleasant as well as the texture. But it just didn't work for me. Maybe someone with dry skin could like it.