MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.1

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I just can't get on with Face and Body for the face, as much as I want to. My skin is pretty dry, but even I find it to be too runny and wet looking with little coverage. Its just a bit pointless isn't it? Cheap though.

on 2/5/2019 8:30:00 AM

this is a great foundation for dry skin, i recommend it using it with your hands instead of a brush or a sponge.
it gives the most beautiful finish, dewy and skin like.
the problem is that it breaks me out so i cannot use it and it stains everything that it touches, so i would highly recommend being very careful with your clothes when you use it.

I have dry sensitive skin with an oily T zone, this foundation is perfect for me, make sure to apply using your fingers and rubbing it on in a circular motion.

It’s long lasting and has a beautiful natural dewy finish.

Oh and it’s waterproof !
I will continue to purchase.

on 11/5/2018 10:49:00 PM

This product looks amazing on, it’s stellar HOWEVER one of the ingredients caused my skin to break out in cysts all over my forehead and chin :( My skin was flawless prior and after it looks so horrible! You’ve been warned. If you have break out prone skin stay away!

on 10/14/2018 3:45:00 AM

best foundation ever

on 7/27/2018 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Edit: Turns out this was giving me acne (I blame the essential oils) and now I am VERY sad because I have to stop using it. I only took off one star because it's still an amazing foundation as long as you're not sensitive to the fragrance.

It looks like skin! Even up close, only a telltale hint of gloss gives away the fact that this is makeup. From normal distances, it just looks like radiant, naturally even-toned, amazing skin. You can see freckles through it, you can see red spots through it, and yet the soft-focus effect is so transformative. When I go back and spot-conceal, I look ridiculously good. I love nearly everything about this foundation. It's sunscreen free, decently priced, the packaging makes sense, no brushes necessary, stays put all day, need I go on? I just wish it was fragrance free too. I'm officially packing in my search for an HG foundation for everyday. This is it!

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

on 4/26/2018 2:06:00 PM

This foundation is WONDERFUL. I searched for a foundation I liked for almost a year and could never find anything I was looking for. I am not interested in looking like I'm wearing foundation, I like it to look like my skin. I wanted it to blur blemishes and even my skin tone. I wanted something that did not cling to dry patches, let my skin breathe and didn't cover my face in oil. I got everything from this foundation. I have FINALLY found my holy grail. I have dry skin but my t-zone (specifically my forehead) tends to get very shiny. This make up has a dewy finish and I ALWAYS use a setting powder and setting spray. I use mineral veil from bare minerals as the powder and it prevents my face from getting shiny. After, I use the MAC prep + prime setting spray. It sets the make up, for real it lasts all day with maybe some minor touch ups, and it also hydrates my skin without getting shiny. I say this foundation goes either way for dry skin - oily skin as long as you set it and want to look great without looking like your wearing anything! Also! A little more about the product, it has a watery consistency so I apply with my fingers, after massaging it into the skin and spreading it, it will start to get thick and "sticky" but still smooth. I've had this bottle approx. 3 months and I'ts still not empty!

EDIT!!!!!!!!! UGH This foundation unfortunately caused me to break out. At first it really wasn't so bad and I was just going to say screw it and let it happen but it is not surprisingly getting much worse. SAD DAY FOR ME. Still giving it a 4 for those who it will not cause break outs

on 4/16/2018 3:51:00 PM

If you like a natural , lightweight and dewy finish this foundation could be for you! It’s a sheer / light coverage. If you prefer full coverage do not buy this!! Can be built up but not enough for medium coverage. It isn’t long lasting and can look oily throughout the day too. If you have oily skin either avoid or use a good powder. Packaging is a squeezy bottle which I like because it’s travel friendly & lightweight. In the UK it’s £25.50 which isn’t a bad price for a high end foundation. You can buy in a smaller bottle and in larger ones which I probably will do next time this runs out. This is one of my go to foundations and I have relatively clear but dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a more sheer and glowy foundation to wear for university graduation and related events so I didn't look too overdone.

This is going to be perfect! It builds up to a light medium coverage and I don't have to set it at all, which is a huge plus for my very dry skin. I've tried a beauty sponge and brushes for application but I'd recommend fingers for the best result. I use Wayne Goss' method of warming it in my hands, then rubbing it on my face and just when it starts getting tacky, smoothing it down in the direction of face hairs. It gives the most amazing glowy, glossy filtered face effect and I can't put it down!