MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.1

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

on 12/22/2018 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been around for so long and received so many reviews, there's probably not a whole lot I could add to the conversation, but I'll try, because I love this foundation. And I do mean LOVE - if this was discontinued, I would feel lost, it's such a unique product and it's my everyday foundation.

The first thing to mention is the texture, which probably is the main thing that makes this so unique: It'a a water-based foundation (remember to shake it!), so straight from the bottle, it's very watery and very sheer. I think it's best applied with fingers - it'll make a brush sticky and a sponge seems counterintuitive with an already watery, sheer foundation.

As you work it in, the texture changes; it thickens and becomes tackier, more opaque. It's very buildable, so you can start off with a sheer base, work up the coverage, and add layers as needed. Moving it around and working it is key for coverage - if you just apply this evenly like you would a "regular" foundation, it'll end up very very sheer. It takes a while for it to set, and it often remains tacky:ish in places, so even on my dry skin, I need a blotting or setting powder.

I have never had this look cakey, and it never seems to emphasise dryness, flakes, rough patches or pores. It just kind of glides on and brightens, evens out, adds glow, and provides as much coverage as you choose to build up. (I doubt you could get full coverage out of this, though.) If you have more noticeable blemishes, you will need a concealer on top of this, but for me, any foundation that covers as much as a concealer is too much - I like my foundation to look like skin, but better.

A little goes a long way; a few drops can cover your entire face if you like it sheer, and a few more will add coverage. I get the 120 ml bottle for about 40 euro, but it lasts for a long, long time even if I use it daily, so in that context, I think it's very affordable. I've heard that over time, it can separate or change in texture somehow - I've never had that happen, but if you don't plan on using it often, there is also a 50 ml bottle available.

Looking at the MAC website, there's surprisingly few shades available, but you can probably mix them. I use C1 with white mixed in. I have yellow undertones but I'm prone to redness in some areas, and the C1 evens that out nicely.

There's no SPF in Face & Body, and I think it's supposed to be water proof, or at least water resistant, but let me tell you from experience (unfortunately) that if you cry wearing this, it does come off. Maybe not if it's a regular little wedding cry, but pretty quickly if it's like a when-Mufasa-dies cry or a just-got-broken-up-with-and-I-feel-like-someone-stabbed-my-soul cry.

PROS:
- Versatile! Buildable from very sheer to a good medium.
- Texture: looks like skin, but really helps even out the look of dryness and enlarged pores.
- Dewy finish that looks nice on dry and/or mature skin.
- Relatively affordable as an everyday foundation because a little goes a long way.
- Best applied with fingers, you don't need to get any tools dirty.
- Never seems to cake, ever.

CONS:
- Really different texture compared to most foundations, so there's a bit of a learning curve with the application.
- Takes a while to set, and even when it sets, it doesn't completely dry down. (So I don’t really know how you would use it on the body and not have it transfer to your clothes.)

on 12/19/2018 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy grail foundation!!! Light coverage but you can build it up. It does not fade or separate during the day. If I want more coverage I just use some concealer to cover up blemishes and some redness and that does the trick. It’s very light weight and dewy. Perfect for my dry flaky skin.

on 10/9/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite foundation I've tried. I have very dry skin and most foundations look dry and cakey on me, while others look greasy. This one looks completely natural, not noticeable on the skin. That's how it feels too, totally lightweight, almost like you aren't wearing any foundation. It doesn't transfer either. It has a light coverage (although can be built up to medium), some imperfections do stay visible, but it evens out the complexion and covers redness. I have the shade C1. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin and don't need much coverage.

on 7/26/2018 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is literally the best foundation ever. What I love about the Mac Face and Body Foundation is that it gives me a natural look: it actually feels, and looks like as if I’m wearing no foundation. And even though I have a really dry and red skin, it’s gives my face a good coverage. You can add more layers if you like for a medium coverage. It also hydrates my dry skin, and because of that I have no dry patches anymore. I’d really recommend this foundation!

on 2/15/2018 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAVE FAIR SKIN NOT TOO PALE,AND GOT THIS FOUNDATION IN THE 2 LIGHTEST SHADES,IT WAS WAY TOO DARK AND WAY TOO ORANGE BOTH DID NOT MATCH A NORMAL SKIN COLOR,DOES ANYONE KNOW A FOUNDATION THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES A PERSONS SKIN TONE,WE ARE NOT ORANGE,WE ARE NOT YELLOW,WE ARE NOT PINK,WE ARE BEIGE,LAURA MERCIER HAS GOOD COLORS BUT DOES NOT GO ON SMOOTH.I HAVE TRIED COVERGIRL (ORANGE),RIMMEL,LOREAL,MAC,CLINIQUE,MAKEUP FOREVER,ESTEE LAUDER (TOO YELLOW),KAT VON D,SEPHORA,IVE TRIED ALL FOUNDATION FROM DRUGSTORES,SEPHORA,ULTA,MACYS,ONLINE (RCMA,CINEMA SECRETS),EVERYTHING,ALL WERE ORANGE,YELLOW,WENT ON LIKE PAINT,CHALKY.ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD FOUNDATION BEIGE IN COLOR,FOR DRY SKIN.
MESSAGE ME ON HERE.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

I love this foundation ide say it's more like a tinted moisturiser with one layer but it's defiantly build able to a medium coverage at the most. You just have to wait for the layer to dry and pack another on. I love the dewy finish and as everyone knows mac has a really good colour range for light to deep skint ones

on 3/28/2016 9:18:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

so i have very dry skin and will always get dry patches when i put on foundation. i've tried tons of foundation from chanel to dior to elf , none of them work as well as this !! its very sheer and comfortable the coverage is buildable. no more dry patches after using this! I'm so happy with my purchase and i will definitely buy this again when i ran out!

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is one of the best products that I've come across that I can use confidently on my skin. My skin is extremely dry and sensitive and what I've found with this foundation is it doesn't tend to dry out or stick to my dry patches at all. I feel like it doesn't last very long, it is very sheer and a little buildable but not overly I would say 4-5hrs wear without a primer or setting spray.