MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin type : Other
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

on 1/17/2018 7:46:00 PM

I tried this because it seemed to be the most recommended foundation for people whose skin "flakes up" as soon as liquid foundation touches it.
It in fact is better in that regard than anything I can remember trying. I think that's connected to its sheerness/translucence. It has less powder (titanium dioxide specifically I guess) making it quite translucent, but also "cling" less to dry skin.
It might also have something to do with it being "water-based", i.e. having more water than silicone or oil/esters. Silicone-based primers and foundations do sometimes seem to flake up more on me. (Note however that the second ingredient after water is dimethicone - it's not silicone free by any means.)

The sheerness makes it easy to blend and fade out nicely, and also means I almost get away with N1 actually being too dark and somewhat too yellow for me. (*Almost* as in, I was doing only my face this way for a week until I encountered a full body mirror in daylight at work, and realized my neck was looking awfully white...)

The sheerness also means I use a LOT of it to even out/cover redness on nose, and that pimples and such aren't covered in the least.
Another reason I use a lot because it sets crazy fast. I'll squirt out a few drops, on, say, my left cheekbone and start blending, and it might set before I've covered the whole left undereye area. It's hard to tell, but I feel like I must use at least 4X my usual amount of foundation, just to actually get everything covered somewhat evenly. If the color matched my skin better I'd probably use a lot less though. I'm experimenting with Nyx white foundation mixer, but it's tricky for so many reasons - I really recommend against it.

This is a great foundation if you dislike cakey skin and if you don't really have much to conceal. Ok, the facts: 29yo, dry/combination skin, no acne, no serious/visible skin issues, nc20 in MAC waterwight/ studio fix, C2 in face and body foundation. What I want from my foundation is to create a suitable base for blush/contouring and to even out my skin tone. F&B is quite lightweight and keeps my face moisturized. If you need full coverage or a thick foundation, better opt for a different one. It is one of my favourites (just repurchased the 120ml bottle) and the perfect value for money if you buy the large bottle - especially if you find it on sale. In my country, MAC launched a -30% discount last weekend, and that's why I decided to get an extra bottle.

on 10/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation because:
-it doesn't break me out (and that's rare to come across)
-buildable coverage
-great coverage if used with concealer as well
-looks as natural as foundation will ever get

CONS
-makes skin oily so make sure to blot throughout the day and set with a lots of powder (rice powder from Palladio is good for sensitive skin)

Highly recommended tip: make sure to let this foundation sit for a couple minutes and then gently dab your fingers over your face to get rid of the excess oil from the foundation that doesn't need to be there so that when you apply powder it will look less cakey and more natural!!!! Works wonders trust me!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It's good but not for me. If you have oily skin and acne skin, this is not a good option. It has only little coverage but you can build it up to medium I believe.It comes in a good size with a great price. The scent is one of the downside as I don't like scented cosmetic. Nothing special and at the price range I rather pick up a drugstore foundation.

on 2/10/2016 7:06:00 PM

Having Indian skin with yellow undertones and acne prone skin, finding a foundation has always been a challenge. In fact I never wore foundation (just stuck with powder) because of how difficult it was to find something that looked natural.... Until I found this baby. It doesn't break me out, matches like a charm, lasts throughout the day without moving, and feels so light and natural. I absolutely love it, so glad I found this. I do set it heavily with my cover girl sensitive skin powder (which is my HG) and it looks amazing. I wear the shade C3.

Holy grail foundation. So dewy and fresh. Natural and never looks cakes. Haven't found anything like it in years and years. All other foundations don't cut it after using this.

on 4/3/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

When I first apply this foundation I thought in my heart that I have finally found something I like from Mac besides their lipsticks. I really do like its sheer coverage and the ease in application. But sadly whenever I cleanse my face using Clarisonic I had such a difficult time to clean my brush head. When I remove foundation from other brands I do not face this problem and just by washing the brush with baby shampoo will suffice. With Mac face and body foundation I have to wash several times with olive oil and baby shampoo. Do you girls face this problem?? Is this also the cause of some of you breaking out??

on 3/30/2014 5:15:00 PM

At first I didn't know how to feel about this foundation because it was so different from the MUFE and NARS I used in the past. The texture is almost like water, very drippy. I felt as though I had to use a lot of foundation to apply but that is fine since the bottle is so huge and is less expensive than the other foundations.

Overtime, I started to really like this foundation - I have dry skin and after applying the first coat, I felt radiant. Then i toned it down with some powder and voila! Very smooth, blended look.

I was on a quest to find non-SPF foundation after I hated the white cast/flash back ghostly appearance that NARS and MUFE was giving me using flash photography. Mac Face and Body is wonderful for flash photography.

This isn't my holy grail foundation, but I would use this as an everyday foundation given its durability.

on 2/22/2014 2:44:00 PM

NC30ish (yellow/olive undertones) - tried out C3 & C4. Normal to combo skin. Fading acne scarring.

I prefer using C3 as C4 is too dark for me. Coverage is very sheer. Although I hated to use my fingers for application, it was the best method to get higher coverage. Unfortunately, the foundation had low staying power and my acne scars peeked through about three or four hours into my day. Although I set with a mattifying powder, the finish is still too dewy for my liking.

There are varying sizes of this foundation. I picked up a smaller bottle for $27.50.

(Shade reviewed: C2) I loved this for the short while I was able to use it. Was looking for a water based foundation that was less expensive than Make Up Forever's which I really liked and ran out of. Compared to MUF, this was thicker but still easy to work with. I was color matched to C2 although I was tanner at that time and so I'm sure it would be somewhat dark/off for my naturally fair skin. I personally liked the liquidy consistency of this and found the coverage to be good for what I wanted which was mainly evening out the skin tone.. Don't know how high coverage this is as I never really built it up. It left such a beautiful, dewy, non-cakey finish. Alas, I believe this irritated my skin and gave me minor breakouts, so I stopped using it. I might dare to give it another go but I hate to risk it. I'd still recommend this for others to try since everyone's skin reacts differently to things.