MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

on 1/24/2019 11:56:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This was my favorite foundation for a long time. I still love it actually but I realized that it broke me out really badly every time I wore it. Dimethicone is the second ingredient and silicones don’t agree with my skin! It makes me sad that I can’t use this because the price is fair if you buy the big bottle and it is so natural and pretty. I can get too greasy looking on me but I am oily. There is a reason this was my favorite for a long time. Only recently did I make the connection what I used to cover my pimples was actually the cause of some of them. The shades are flexible so there isn’t much stress that it will match you. It never sets down and transfers horribly. It has a tendency to slide as well depending on your moisturizer and primer. It lasts a good amount of time for a sheer foundation. At least 6 hours on me. I switched to mufe water blend it has a similar finish but not silicones. A little less coverage but a excellent substitute if your skin is sensitive like mine

on 12/22/2018 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been around for so long and received so many reviews, there's probably not a whole lot I could add to the conversation, but I'll try, because I love this foundation. And I do mean LOVE - if this was discontinued, I would feel lost, it's such a unique product and it's my everyday foundation.

The first thing to mention is the texture, which probably is the main thing that makes this so unique: It'a a water-based foundation (remember to shake it!), so straight from the bottle, it's very watery and very sheer. I think it's best applied with fingers - it'll make a brush sticky and a sponge seems counterintuitive with an already watery, sheer foundation.

As you work it in, the texture changes; it thickens and becomes tackier, more opaque. It's very buildable, so you can start off with a sheer base, work up the coverage, and add layers as needed. Moving it around and working it is key for coverage - if you just apply this evenly like you would a "regular" foundation, it'll end up very very sheer. It takes a while for it to set, and it often remains tacky:ish in places, so even on my dry skin, I need a blotting or setting powder.

I have never had this look cakey, and it never seems to emphasise dryness, flakes, rough patches or pores. It just kind of glides on and brightens, evens out, adds glow, and provides as much coverage as you choose to build up. (I doubt you could get full coverage out of this, though.) If you have more noticeable blemishes, you will need a concealer on top of this, but for me, any foundation that covers as much as a concealer is too much - I like my foundation to look like skin, but better.

A little goes a long way; a few drops can cover your entire face if you like it sheer, and a few more will add coverage. I get the 120 ml bottle for about 40 euro, but it lasts for a long, long time even if I use it daily, so in that context, I think it's very affordable. I've heard that over time, it can separate or change in texture somehow - I've never had that happen, but if you don't plan on using it often, there is also a 50 ml bottle available.

Looking at the MAC website, there's surprisingly few shades available, but you can probably mix them. I use C1 with white mixed in. I have yellow undertones but I'm prone to redness in some areas, and the C1 evens that out nicely.

There's no SPF in Face & Body, and I think it's supposed to be water proof, or at least water resistant, but let me tell you from experience (unfortunately) that if you cry wearing this, it does come off. Maybe not if it's a regular little wedding cry, but pretty quickly if it's like a when-Mufasa-dies cry or a just-got-broken-up-with-and-I-feel-like-someone-stabbed-my-soul cry.

PROS:
- Versatile! Buildable from very sheer to a good medium.
- Texture: looks like skin, but really helps even out the look of dryness and enlarged pores.
- Dewy finish that looks nice on dry and/or mature skin.
- Relatively affordable as an everyday foundation because a little goes a long way.
- Best applied with fingers, you don't need to get any tools dirty.
- Never seems to cake, ever.

CONS:
- Really different texture compared to most foundations, so there's a bit of a learning curve with the application.
- Takes a while to set, and even when it sets, it doesn't completely dry down. (So I don’t really know how you would use it on the body and not have it transfer to your clothes.)

I have dry sensitive skin with an oily T zone, this foundation is perfect for me, make sure to apply using your fingers and rubbing it on in a circular motion.

It’s long lasting and has a beautiful natural dewy finish.

Oh and it’s waterproof !
I will continue to purchase.

This foundation is a light coverage that is very buildable, and I've been able to build it to a solid medium coverage. If you're struggling with the application, try rubbing it in with your fingers instead of using a brush or a sponge because it's designed to give more coverage and last longer if you rub it in with fingers. This foundation is extremely dewy which sounds amazing for my dry skin but it ended up being a bit too dewy for my liking. It was dewy to the point of making me look greasy. I have to set it every time I use it otherwise it will definitely get lifted off my face. Even if I set it, I can still feel it on my skin which is mildly uncomfortable for me. Once I set it though, it ends up being a very long lasting foundation that doesn't look cakey, drying or emphasise my pores. This will definitely even out your skin tone, but won't do much to cover acne spots. I won't repurchase because I don't like how it feels on my skin, and it takes a bit of effort to get it to the level of coverage I want.

on 11/19/2018 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been using this since July, it's now late November, and this is my new standard light moisturizing foundation. I'd been looking since Estee Lauder d/c Double Wear Light, and reformulated it. I like this way better.

Light coverage. It won't hide the sunspots on my right cheekbone, but it does nicely blur them and somehow makes all red marks, freckles and sunspots blur into the background leaving a nice clean glowy finish that looks like my skin but radiant. No shimmer, just a dewy glowy look.

I have dry sensitive skin, oily T zone, rosacea, redness, sunspots, freckles and I'm NW15 in MAC. In Face and Body, N1 fits me perfectly.

No reactions, no pimples, no white bumps, red bumps or rashes. Just great looking skin that you can't tell I'm wearing any foundation on from morning till night.

It is sheer, but you can build a bit. If I'm really wanting to hide my sunspots on my cheekbone, or a really red spot, I dot a tiny bit of concealer on and tap it in, and set that with a kiss of finishing powder but most days I don't bother. This is my foundation for my no makeup makeup days.

I do set it very very lightly with a large fluffy brush and some translucent finishing powder if I'm using powder blush, but if I'm using Clinique's chubby stick cream blushes (Amp'd up Apple is a favourite) then I leave it dewy and it does just fine.

I love the extra moisture but for anyone with less than dry skin, you might need to set this for sure. For anyone with aging dry skin, it is wonderful. I wear it over top Jose Marans SPF 47 argan sunscreen which is also super moisturizing.

Just a suggestion, MAC will always give a nice sample to try so when you get them to figure out your shade take it home and try it in daylight. Some MAC people are better than others at matching people, others are right out to lunch and way off.

If you are NC or NW 15 or so then try the N1 first. If you are NC NW 20-25 try N2.

What can i say about this product..!! I never could imagine that i would like this product. I have very fair acne prone skin with a lots of red spots. Even its not the full coverage foundation that i probably would search for , its the best thing i 've ever put on my face. Build it up as much times as you want, you will never look cakey. I like the finish, i like that it is water resistant , its long lasting, i only powder my t zone. My skin never look so flawless and so alive with any other foundation and believe me i tried a lot from a lots of brands like dior , chanel , estee lauder, loreal etc. My skin never looked so alive , so bright. Skin looks like a skin not like a mask. Long lasting, hydrating without excess extra oil, fresh look skin , water proof, what else do you need? Perfect, i wish i had try it before i waste so much money trying to find the best foundation.

on 10/14/2018 3:45:00 AM

best foundation ever

on 10/9/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite foundation I've tried. I have very dry skin and most foundations look dry and cakey on me, while others look greasy. This one looks completely natural, not noticeable on the skin. That's how it feels too, totally lightweight, almost like you aren't wearing any foundation. It doesn't transfer either. It has a light coverage (although can be built up to medium), some imperfections do stay visible, but it evens out the complexion and covers redness. I have the shade C1. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin and don't need much coverage.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

By the end of the day, I can't tell if my foundation is still on or not, it's very subtle coverage. It will lessen the redness on your face and blends in really nicely with your skin. If you are ok going without foundation and want a little extra something-something, this would be your foundation.

It is pretty much useless on acne; you have to conceal spots separately.

The packaging is the worst, it gets so dirty and gross.

If you have pale skin, you are out of luck when it comes to MAC. Their lightest shades, in every foundation, including this one - is WAY TOO DARK. Orange. Pink. Peach. Just too much color. Even the photos here, their faces don't match their bodies. For truly pale, white skins - SKIP MAC.

It is also shiny, sparkly and oily looking - which just ages women. Young children and teens before they hit puberty, have matte, clean faces. So shiny, oily looking foundations actually make women look older (unless they're like 50 & older & just super dry).