MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by skin tone : Other
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

on 1/17/2018 7:46:00 PM

I tried this because it seemed to be the most recommended foundation for people whose skin "flakes up" as soon as liquid foundation touches it.
It in fact is better in that regard than anything I can remember trying. I think that's connected to its sheerness/translucence. It has less powder (titanium dioxide specifically I guess) making it quite translucent, but also "cling" less to dry skin.
It might also have something to do with it being "water-based", i.e. having more water than silicone or oil/esters. Silicone-based primers and foundations do sometimes seem to flake up more on me. (Note however that the second ingredient after water is dimethicone - it's not silicone free by any means.)

The sheerness makes it easy to blend and fade out nicely, and also means I almost get away with N1 actually being too dark and somewhat too yellow for me. (*Almost* as in, I was doing only my face this way for a week until I encountered a full body mirror in daylight at work, and realized my neck was looking awfully white...)

The sheerness also means I use a LOT of it to even out/cover redness on nose, and that pimples and such aren't covered in the least.
Another reason I use a lot because it sets crazy fast. I'll squirt out a few drops, on, say, my left cheekbone and start blending, and it might set before I've covered the whole left undereye area. It's hard to tell, but I feel like I must use at least 4X my usual amount of foundation, just to actually get everything covered somewhat evenly. If the color matched my skin better I'd probably use a lot less though. I'm experimenting with Nyx white foundation mixer, but it's tricky for so many reasons - I really recommend against it.

on 12/8/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is great . It offers medium coverage, it's very light on the face and gives you a silk finish and glow. For me it works better during summer,but I use it on winter sometimes along with other foundations when I want fuller coverage.

This is a great foundation if you dislike cakey skin and if you don't really have much to conceal. Ok, the facts: 29yo, dry/combination skin, no acne, no serious/visible skin issues, nc20 in MAC waterwight/ studio fix, C2 in face and body foundation. What I want from my foundation is to create a suitable base for blush/contouring and to even out my skin tone. F&B is quite lightweight and keeps my face moisturized. If you need full coverage or a thick foundation, better opt for a different one. It is one of my favourites (just repurchased the 120ml bottle) and the perfect value for money if you buy the large bottle - especially if you find it on sale. In my country, MAC launched a -30% discount last weekend, and that's why I decided to get an extra bottle.

on 2/10/2016 7:06:00 PM

Having Indian skin with yellow undertones and acne prone skin, finding a foundation has always been a challenge. In fact I never wore foundation (just stuck with powder) because of how difficult it was to find something that looked natural.... Until I found this baby. It doesn't break me out, matches like a charm, lasts throughout the day without moving, and feels so light and natural. I absolutely love it, so glad I found this. I do set it heavily with my cover girl sensitive skin powder (which is my HG) and it looks amazing. I wear the shade C3.

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

If you have oily skin and stuff to cover this definably will not be for you if you consider buying it (i did ) get a sample first,
but if you want it for your kit gho for it cuz not everyone needs a lot of coverage

on 5/12/2015 10:25:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Other, Warm

It Is Not A Surprise ,But Ok !

I have dry skin. If I don't take care of it I can get flaky. This felt fresh and light on my face but coverage wise I got nothing. Of course if you build it up you start to get SOME coverage but not a whole lot. Does leave a nice glow since it's water based. Not anything shimmer like or oily or anything but something subtle. I had been deciding between MAC sculpt and this one. I bought it but didn't like the coverage and how I would have to use a lot to get coverage because that means I would use the bottle up asap. It is an easy bottle to use. You would be able to use up the product. I ended up returning this one and got MAC sculpt. More coverage, provides moisture for sure, and don't need to use a lot of it.

Holy grail foundation. So dewy and fresh. Natural and never looks cakes. Haven't found anything like it in years and years. All other foundations don't cut it after using this.

on 12/8/2014 7:01:00 PM

If you're looking for a foundation with a lot of coverage then this is NOT for you. It's very sheer but buildable and gives you a natural glow. It evens out your skin nice and i really like it! It stays on very long but me with combinated skin has to set it on my T-zone. It's perfect for the summer as it's very light/thin on the skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Cool

The color was a great match for my skin. Think its because it is a very sheer coverage so it goes with a lot of skin tones. Application is great and has a lot of slip to it. However, i found that it took a very long time to dry. Way to long to make it usable. It was also kinda sticky. Not sure how it would hold up on the body and probably will have a transfer-on-to-clothes problem. I tried on the C2 and it was yellow enough for my yellow undertone but still had hints of pink to it.