MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

on 5/30/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

On some days when I dont want to be fully made up I use this one. The coverage is very buildable one thing I notice is if you want to layer it up you need to wait for the first layer to dry out first before you put on another one with that the coverage will be medium to full. I love using this with my coty airspun translucent extra coverage! My face gets oily around 4hrs and fades out around 7 hrs of wear. No break out or whatsoever another plus for me! by the way i got this in c5 and my shade reference is nc42.

on 5/24/2018 11:59:00 AM

My skin I have sensitive oily combo skin and I have big pores on my nose and get a few spots and my skins very sensitive so I have redness

I tried this foundation when I was at my friends house as she recommended it me however, I have more sensitive combo oily and she has dry. I was really hesatint Wether to put it on as I saw lots of reviews online saying that they got cystic acne! But I didn’t believe it because my friend didn’t get any acne after wearing it. I applied it with my morphe y6 brush in stippling motions and it went on very airbrushed and I didn’t even add a primer! I added Laura Mercier setting powder as I have more oily skin, I would say it’s sheer coverage but could possibly build after about 3 hours of wearing I started to notice it was getting quite cakey on the forehead and very shiny around my nose.Also parts of the foundation started to separate on my chin and nose, it also felt very itchy on my skin through out the day and it oxides a shade darker too.When I got home I noticed raised bumps on my forehead and chin which weren’t there before also it left my face very irritated when I took it off! Highly do not recommend this foundation at all.

on 5/10/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best all around foundation out there. It looks great in photos and wears well throughout the day even when it's warm and humid.

on 5/10/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I have mature, dry/combination skin and several lines and furrows. In cool weather I like to use a mineral powder foundation over some serious skincare layering, but find that doesn‘t hold up well throughout the day in summer.

This is where Mac Face and Body comes in. It gives me the light, natural-looking coverage I like and it stays put throughout the working day no matter what I have underneath it: moisturiser / oil, primer / no primer, chemical sunscreen / mineral sunscreen.

It doesn‘t settle into pores (Becca Aqua), slip around or crease (Bourjois Healthy Mix), or leave my face feeling dry (Chanel Perfection Lumière Velvet).

The colour isn’t a perfect match. Good matches for me are Mac Pro Longwear NW15, Chanel BR12, Becca Porcelain, EL Doublewear 1C1. In Mac Face and Body, N1 is the closest but veers yellow. It does even out my skin tone well, and it’s definitely good enough for light coverage in summer, but I‘d like to see a W range alongside N and C.

The consistency took me by surprise when I first tried this foundation: it sets seriously fast. These days I dot it on, spread it rapidly with fingers, and then switch to a buffing brush as soon as it goes tacky. It does buff beautifully well.

There is the niggle over the shade range, but I‘m still giving this five stars overall because at the moment I‘d be stumped to find an alternative that looks and feels so good for so long.

Pros:
- Lovely soft feel once on.
- Stays and stays: unusual bonus in a light-coverage foundation.
- Enhances radiance while still looking natural.
- Bottle is easily transportable.

Cons:
- Application has to be fast.
- No rosy tones.
- Bottle isn‘t pretty.

on 5/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

I like this foundation, i was looking for something with natural coverage, like a tinted moisturizer. This is great because it doesn’t cling onto my dry spots, like all my other foundations do. I use retinoids, so I always have dry, flakey skin and this foundation doesn’t emphasize them. I apply this with my fingers because a sponge would just soak up all the product since it’s so lightweight. My only complaint is that the colour range isn’t too good as even C1 is too orange for me. I have a paler yellow olive skin tone, but I’m okay with it only because the coverage is so light it melts into my skin and warms it up. Overall I really like this and might purchase the 120ml size.

on 4/29/2018 9:24:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

After wanting to try this for years I found a limited color selection at Nordstroms. It was a little difficult finding a color to begin with as they tended to be yellow based even in N. This foundation was such a let down. No coverage. Did not look nice to build upon. And where is the dewiness? Yes, i doubled up on moisturizer but still was just awful. Returned.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I’ve tried. I love how sheer it is, not heavy or fake looking at all. I have oily spots and it doesn’t help that at all. I’m going to try other brands but I know this one is good enough.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect foundation if, like me, you're looking for a natural-looking foundation that's light but buildable. It smoothens out your skin for that no-make-up look. It's very lightweight - perfect for warm, humid climates. It's great for everyday wear and holds up fairly well to my usual 12-hour days. Two thumbs up!

on 4/26/2018 2:06:00 PM

This foundation is WONDERFUL. I searched for a foundation I liked for almost a year and could never find anything I was looking for. I am not interested in looking like I'm wearing foundation, I like it to look like my skin. I wanted it to blur blemishes and even my skin tone. I wanted something that did not cling to dry patches, let my skin breathe and didn't cover my face in oil. I got everything from this foundation. I have FINALLY found my holy grail. I have dry skin but my t-zone (specifically my forehead) tends to get very shiny. This make up has a dewy finish and I ALWAYS use a setting powder and setting spray. I use mineral veil from bare minerals as the powder and it prevents my face from getting shiny. After, I use the MAC prep + prime setting spray. It sets the make up, for real it lasts all day with maybe some minor touch ups, and it also hydrates my skin without getting shiny. I say this foundation goes either way for dry skin - oily skin as long as you set it and want to look great without looking like your wearing anything! Also! A little more about the product, it has a watery consistency so I apply with my fingers, after massaging it into the skin and spreading it, it will start to get thick and "sticky" but still smooth. I've had this bottle approx. 3 months and I'ts still not empty!

EDIT!!!!!!!!! UGH This foundation unfortunately caused me to break out. At first it really wasn't so bad and I was just going to say screw it and let it happen but it is not surprisingly getting much worse. SAD DAY FOR ME. Still giving it a 4 for those who it will not cause break outs