MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 7/27/2018 8:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

It looks like skin! Even up close, only a telltale hint of gloss gives away the fact that this is makeup. From normal distances, it just looks like radiant, naturally even-toned, amazing skin. You can see freckles through it, you can see red spots through it, and yet the soft-focus effect is so transformative. When I go back and spot-conceal and set with translucent powder, I look ridiculously good. I love nearly everything about this foundation. It's sunscreen free, decently priced, the packaging is attractive and makes sense, the shade range is great, no brushes necessary, stays put all day, need I go on? I just wish it was fragrance free too. I'm officially packing in my search for an HG foundation for everyday. This is it!

on 7/26/2018 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is literally the best foundation ever. What I love about the Mac Face and Body Foundation is that it gives me a natural look: it actually feels, and looks like as if I’m wearing no foundation. And even though I have a really dry and red skin, it’s gives my face a good coverage. You can add more layers if you like for a medium coverage. It also hydrates my dry skin, and because of that I have no dry patches anymore. I’d really recommend this foundation!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

By the end of the day, I can't tell if my foundation is still on or not, it's very subtle coverage. It will lessen the redness on your face and blends in really nicely with your skin. If you are ok going without foundation and want a little extra something-something, this would be your foundation.

It is pretty much useless on acne; you have to conceal spots separately.

The packaging is the worst, it gets so dirty and gross.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use this for my face (I tried once and it broke me out) but I do use on my upper arms where I have a few light blemishes. This helps to cover them up. Finding the right shade was tricky as I'm NC42 in concealer, but my arms are a few shades lighter than my face. Luckily the SA at the Mac counter helped me find the closest match and encouraged me to view it in natural light aswell as the stores lighting to get a good idea of how it will look under different conditions. I use this only when wearing certain types of dresses as it can and will rub off to a degree on t-shirt sleeves etc, even when I use a setting powder. I would re-purchase this for sure once my current bottle runs out.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My everyday foundation! I love this stuff!! ❤️❤️❤️

If you have pale skin, you are out of luck when it comes to MAC. Their lightest shades, in every foundation, including this one - is WAY TOO DARK. Orange. Pink. Peach. Just too much color. Even the photos here, their faces don't match their bodies. For truly pale, white skins - SKIP MAC.

It is also shiny, sparkly and oily looking - which just ages women. Young children and teens before they hit puberty, have matte, clean faces. So shiny, oily looking foundations actually make women look older (unless they're like 50 & older & just super dry).

on 6/28/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OKAY NOW
This product has officially replaced my old favorite Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Mac Face and Body is exactly the opposite of it. First of all now that I am 19 I realized my skin is a little dryer than when I used to wear heavy and matte foundations at age 16-17. Now they cake on me and in natural light it is EXTREMELY obvious that I am wearing foundation. But not with Mac Face and Body, this foundation evens out my skin tone and makes me look semi-dewy, it doesn't look like I am wearing foundation under any light even if you get very close look to my skin and I love that. Sure this doesn't give me enough coverage to cover my pimples or acne and stuff but now I realized that this gives a perfect base to even out the color on my skin so I can put a little bit concealer on where I need later. This stuff is also water proof and doesn't budge throughout the whole day, it is by far one of the most long wearing foundations I own.
I also really like Mac shade range because it is the only color match that perfectly matches me, I use the color NC30 for my light to a little medium yellow toned skin and I have never found a better color match in all the foundations I own, I usually have to mix two foundations to match me but not with Mac Face and Body.
Since I found this I also want to try the Mac water weight concealer too because I am all into sheer glowy coverage stuff now, I feel like they are the most natural.
Overall this looks extremely like your skin, I cant say it is very dewy but it is not matte obviously, the price is up there for the larger one but it is like over 30 ml, I have been using it for 2 years now not the most sanitary but I haven't still finished it, but still I don't wear makeup everyday. I highly recommend it and I now regret everyday that I didn't used this and used a full coverage matte foundation instead because everybody in my school was like ew you are wearing too much foundation, damn I wish they see my skin now. Anyways 10/10 finish and packaging and maybe 9/10 price.

UPDATE:
This has given me tiny bumps on my face why does god want to play me like that? This has been the best foundation ever for me anyways since this makes my skin look beyond perfect I will continue to wear it because I dont even care anymore bye.

on 6/22/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have normal skin and wear N1 in this foundation. I prefer light coverage that allows my freckles to show, and will not tolerate heaviness from any product. This is my foundation when I require one. This can be layered without detection. Shake well. I apply it over Dr. Carver's Miracle Serum, then moisturizer (various brands from drugstore, ranging from 30spf to 50spf, depending on how I feel), using my hands in downward strokes for each product so that facial hair lays flat, applying foundation only where needed -- above brows, nose and around nostrils, nose-to-mouth lines, old acne scarring on neck (two coats). It is undetectable in northern, natural light. I forget I have it on. No powder is required. It does not settle in lines. It's still on at the end of the day. My skin has never had a reaction to it. I always require the addition of Cerave eye cream under eyes and Maybelline NY Better Skin Superstay Concealer in Light.

on 6/22/2018 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. It's light in texture--making it warm-weather appropriate-- but somehow the C2 is too light in summer and the C3 is too dark (I'm NC25). I recently wore this to an evening event and looked, in the pictures, as if I had suffered some sort of dreadful arsenic-poisoning incident. It was pasty, sweaty nastiness. I'll either keep this for fall and winter (does the trick just fine then) or else add some bronzing drops.

Such a pretty foundation! Light coverage and buildable. Such a pretty finish