MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 2/15/2018 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

Hair: Grey, Straight, Medium

Dislike. It has some good qualities because its definitely buildable, but the coverage is sheer and its sticky and requires drying time. You have to be really careful with color match. It doesnt wear well unless you use primer and fixing spray

on 2/13/2018 12:44:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This is really the best foundation in the world! And I’ll tell you why: firstly, foundations are meant to be used to correct the tone of your complexion, not to mask the skin completely; hence the need of a concealer to help colour correct to achieve a final all over consistent tone. This foundation does that perfectly without making you look cakey or uneven. Secondly, this photographs so beautifully!! I think it’s because of its ability to become one with your skin. And finally, it doesn’t dry out, flake, make you oily, or break apart - and I’ve tested this all day and night! However that is providing you use the right moisturiser/primer. I love the embrolleyse cream! This seriously outperformed my GA Luminous silk!! MAC you nailed it!

on 1/28/2018 4:44:00 PM

I really wanted t love this but... I put it on in the morning and it caked up, low coverage, and made me soooo shiny by the end of the day. This week I was trying out new ways to use old foundations, I found a way to use this that I liked, I don't really know how it was throughout the day because I hate looking in the mirror just in case I look awful but after three days of using it it broke me out a little and I don't want it to get any worse so I have stopped and will stop.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I bought this because I kept seeing it in blog posts, and also because I was looking for something to mix my trustee BarePro liquid foundation with. It's a thin, extremely blendable sheer foundation- more like a tint, actually. What I love about this is that it's not heavy at all. I was afraid it would be too rich because I see a lot of dried-skinned folks using this, but it has the lightest consistency. If you compare it with the Glossier Skin Tint, Mac Face and Body feels way lighter and less greasy. It's great for days where you just want to even out your skin (don't forget sunscreen though) or if like me, you have a full coverage foundation that you absolutely adore but need more of an "everyday" coverage. I'm very impressed and will likely repurchase.

on 1/20/2018 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

Finding a good foundation is a mission impossible for me these days.I have dehydrated skin and almost all foundations cling to my dry patches and get flakey.my forehead looks shiney in half an hour.I have little acne scars on my cheeks,dark circles under my eyes and my skin has a pinkish undertone on my cheeks which I dislike,while it looks yellowish above my upper lip
I need something light so that it won't stick to my dry patches,at the same time I need enough coverage to cover redness and acne marcs
The only foundation that works for me is collistar super-moisturizing foundation,it could be my HG foundation if I had it in the right shade.I have it in shade 4(amber) while in all other foundations I use shade 1 or 2.but I couldn't find it in right shade so decided to start looking for my HG foundation in other brands
I started searching and reading reviews and I listed options from each brand that looked good for me.Mac Face&Body was in that list
There's not a mac cosmetic branch in Iran but I saw one in Tbilisi,Georgia..I was in hurry so I had to buy it without testing it.
It's 50mil was 42.5$ and it's 120mil was 58$..I chose 50mil size because I wasn't sure it will work for me
I bought shade 01 and it's the perfect shade for me.I'm happy that it's not yellow or orange.It has neutral tone and thanks to it's sheer coverage I think it can suit all fair-light skins
It has liquid texture.first times,I used a damp beauty blender to apply it but it soaked a lot of product so I had to use a lot of foundation and even then,it gave me very sheer coverage,even less than a tinted moisturizer but now I use brush to apply it all over my face,then I blend it with a damp Beatty blender with soft tapping motions.this way it gives me medium coverage.
It has a natural finish which is my favorite for daily use.not matte,not dewy.unlike most other foundations with sheer to medium coverage it doesn't make my skin look oily and the most important thing is that it doesn't cling to my dry patches and doesn't look cakey at all,even though I sometimes I use huge amounts of it.I use clinique moisture serge or clinique pep start sunscreen & moisturizer or bioderma atoderm cream(which comes in white package with blue pomp)or uriage aquaprectis gelcream as base and it goes well with all of them
It feels light and comfortable on skin.I'm even happy with it's longevity but I dampen my beautyblender with nyx dewy spray or mac preb&prime spray so they may effect longevity of my foundation
The only thing about it which isn't perfect is it's coverage.not bad for daily wear.it evens out my skin but isn't enough to fully cover my tiny acne scars or my dark cycles.I use LA girl proconceal in peach shade to color correct my dark cycles,then use caprice concealer..or just use maybelline age rewind concealer alone..sometimes I use mac CC loose powder in lavender shade to set my foundation.I only use it on my forehead,dark cycles and nose because I don't like my face to look too matte and powdery.this loose powder gives me perfect coverage and flawless look that I wanted
All in all I'm very happy with this foundation.there's still a long list of foundations which I'd like to dry but if I wasn't looking for adventure of trying new things,I'd definitely repurchase it,this time in it's 120mil package,which is by the way,very travel-friendly

I wanted soooo bad to love this product..the texture...the coverage...everything I was looking for. Even the fact that it is water proof and long wearing was what I was looking for. I have combination skin where it gets dehydrated daily and oily as the day continues. I got this thinking it would prevent my skin from getting dehydrated and as long as I used a good setting powder, then it would be a perfect match. Well, it looked great on my skin...even with my old acne scars and texture...but...after wearing it to work 1 day...I double cleansed my face and HOLY SHIT WHAT IN THE HECK?!!! I got cystic acne spots all over my face!!! I haven't had cystic acne in almost a year!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! One on my upper lip, another on my forevhead, one on my chin, and 2 forming on my cheek...Jesus lawd!!! NO!!! I about threw that devil liquid through the wall! The mistake I made was not doing my research 1st. I usually always go to CosDNA.com and look up the foundations of interest and as long as they score 4 or below on the acne causing ingredients, then I can wear this foundation...this foundation had a high score of 11...11!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH never again...back to my search for finding a truly hydrating foundation that wont break me out :(

UPDATE: I think the cystic acne causing ingredient is: Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate

go to cosDNA.com and if check your foundation to see if it has that ingredient if youre struggling with cystic acne flair ups when u try new foundations.

on 1/17/2018 7:46:00 PM

I tried this because it seemed to be the most recommended foundation for people whose skin "flakes up" as soon as liquid foundation touches it.
It in fact is better in that regard than anything I can remember trying. I think that's connected to its sheerness/translucence. It has less powder (titanium dioxide specifically I guess) making it quite translucent, but also "cling" less to dry skin.
It might also have something to do with it being "water-based", i.e. having more water than silicone or oil/esters. Silicone-based primers and foundations do sometimes seem to flake up more on me. (Note however that the second ingredient after water is dimethicone - it's not silicone free by any means.)

The sheerness makes it easy to blend and fade out nicely, and also means I almost get away with N1 actually being too dark and somewhat too yellow for me. (*Almost* as in, I was doing only my face this way for a week until I encountered a full body mirror in daylight at work, and realized my neck was looking awfully white...)

The sheerness also means I use a LOT of it to even out/cover redness on nose, and that pimples and such aren't covered in the least.
Another reason I use a lot because it sets crazy fast. I'll squirt out a few drops, on, say, my left cheekbone and start blending, and it might set before I've covered the whole left undereye area. It's hard to tell, but I feel like I must use at least 4X my usual amount of foundation, just to actually get everything covered somewhat evenly. If the color matched my skin better I'd probably use a lot less though. I'm experimenting with Nyx white foundation mixer, but it's tricky for so many reasons - I really recommend against it.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I yet to meet a MAC foundation that didn't mess up my skin.
For the reference, I have a sensitive normal slightly dehydrated skin with dry patches on cheeks and forehead.

Pros:
- the foundation is very lightweight and looks like skin once applied;
- the best application technique is using the fingers (I love using fingers);
- looks radiant but not greasy upon application, didn't become greasy through the day;
- I don't need to mix two shades to get a perfect match, N3 fits me perfectly.

Cons:
- the lasting power is meh. Stays good for 5 hours and rapidly starts to wear off afterward;
- settling into fine lines as the day goes and moving around, mostly on my dry patches! I never experienced a foundation moving on dry parts of my skin;
- separates and becomes powdery even if I do not set it with powder and even if I only have one thin layer;
- gives me red rashes, not pimples, but a red irritated eczema-like skin.

Overall, I don't get the hype, and from my experience, I have no idea which skin type might enjoy it.

on 12/12/2017 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I have had this product for a while now and I absolutely love it. I know this foundation is extremely popular with makeup artists and I can see why. I have the shade C2 which is quite yellow but it warms my complexion up yet still matches. I am NC20 for reference so think the shade C1 would be an exact match. This foundation provides light and buildable coverage and actually looks better as the day goes on. It stays on and most importantly does not break me out whatsoever. I have normal skin which can be dehydrated and also a bit sensitive. I would say that this foundation is probably better suited to normal/dry skin as it is quite dewy. I apply powder in my t-zone when using this but my skin isn't oily. The finish it gives is like my skin but better. It basically is second skin in a bottle (for me anyway). I honestly cannot recommend this enough for those who are looking for light-medium coverage however I definitely think it is better suited for normal skin types as it can leave a bit of a shine.