MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect foundation if, like me, you're looking for a natural-looking foundation that's light but buildable. It smoothens out your skin for that no-make-up look. It's very lightweight - perfect for warm, humid climates. It's great for everyday wear and holds up fairly well to my usual 12-hour days. Two thumbs up!

on 4/16/2018 3:51:00 PM

I’ve had 2 bottles of these in C2 and C3 and it’s a very dewy , lightweight and low coverage foundation. If you have dry skin like me it should work for you as it felt really hydrating on my skin. As for oily / acne prone skin you might dislike this foundation because of the finish. I’d buy again! Perfect for the summer for something lightweight

on 3/30/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation: I’m usually a NC42 and I use C5 in the Face and Body Foundation. I’m combo-oily with medium pore size on my cheeks with a bit of redness all across my cheeks and nose.
The trick to love this foundation is to apply it with your fingers. I tried it with a brush (didn’t like the finish) and a sponge (a no-no and not buildable at all with it). When you apply it with your fingers, you can feel the consistency getting tacky as you blend it into your skin and that’s when you know you’ve got it right!
Very lightweight with a natural sheer finish, you can build it to a low-medium coverage but if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne scars, you will not like this foundation.
I feel like it’s impossible to look cakey with this foundation as it never clings to my occasional dry patches (more often during winter time) and it’s the reason why I love it so much. I powder down the very dewy finish and it can get slightly oily during the day but the foundation never breaks down, it just gets glowy-ier. It’s a very good every day foundation.

on 3/26/2018 1:52:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I've become spoilt by that Mac F&B tacky/sinking in magic. You know-that point where it just melts into your skin and feels like it's become one with your face? Just a few weeks ago I finished up a bottle of the C1, and figured I'd tuck into a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I'd purchased earlier this winter (B10-wee light, but still doable on my nc20 skin). The Chanel is very nice, don't get me wrong. And I'll happily finish up the bottle. Especially at $50 bucks a pop. But the kicker is that, while the Aqua is pretty similar to the F&B in density, texture, and watery ease of application, I'm still waiting every morning for it to sink in like the F&B would do. And, of course, it doesn't. No offense to Chanel there, as I've never had any other liquid foundation do what F&B does.
And I miss it! Oh, and the Aqua is a bit of a lighter coverage foundation than the F&B also. Not too much, but I can still tell. So there will come a day later this year when I'll happily return to that old F&B magic!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I was looking for a more sheer and glowy foundation to wear for university graduation and related events so I didn't look too overdone.

This is going to be perfect! It builds up to a light medium coverage and I don't have to set it at all, which is a huge plus for my very dry skin. I've tried a beauty sponge and brushes for application but I'd recommend fingers for the best result. I use Wayne Goss' method of warming it in my hands, then rubbing it on my face and just when it starts getting tacky, smoothing it down in the direction of face hairs. It gives the most amazing glowy, glossy filtered face effect and I can't put it down!

on 3/23/2018 4:48:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

I love this foundation! Its the most natural looking foundation I've ever used and perfect for days when I want to look like I dont wear makeup. I have dry skin and this gives me a perfect dewy finish. Its best applied with your fingers and has a watery consistency that feels very hydrating on the skin. I have the big bottle and it lasts forever. The only con is that it doesn't redness or spots, so dont use if you want high coverage.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If I could give this negative stars I would. I always trust these reviews and often end up baffled by all the positive reviews. That was definitely the case with this product. I would do a PROS/CONS list, but there were no PROS. This product is horrible for the following reasons...
- Completely un-natural looking
- No coverage
- Goes on uneven
- Rubs off on anything/everything. Don't touch your face!
- Settles into fine lines and makes you look old
This is one of the worst foundations I've ever bought. I'd rather buy a $10 drugstore foundation than this.

on 3/12/2018 4:33:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations, certainly the best by MAC and my absolute go-to foundation in summer. I’m normally NC25-NC30 so I go between C3 and C4. It gives light coverage, perfect match with skin, quite sheer texture but still evens out the skin perfectly. I like the plastic bottle packaging, easy to adjust the amount you need and easy to carry around. You need to shake it well each time you use it.

This is how I apply: only with hands, I warm a good amount between my fingers. I spread it onto my face, including eyelids and undereyes with light circular motions and this way it sets instantly. It’s sticky at first, but once it dries it stays put. No need to set it with powder, I only apply a mattifying powder on the t-zone. I apply it over my sunscreen and it doesn’t clog up or make your skin feel heavy. You need to wash your hands with soap as it doesn’t remove easily.
In the evening I massage cream cleanser and wipe it off with micellar water to remove it.
I buy the larger bottle and it lasts for a very long time, also great value for money. For reference, I’m 41, have normal skin that tends to be oily in summer and I’ve been using this foundation for more than 10 years.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the formula and the way it sits on my skin. Unfortunately, there is no matching shade available for me during the winter. I have very pale skin and a neutral skin tone, and the lightest foundation is just too pink. The alternative is the second lightest and it is too dark (a bit too yellow too). However, I can use it for some part of the summer before I get some actual tan going. I think it’s very sad, since I do love the formula. It’s moisturising and does not hide my freckles.

Looove it! It is definitely for those good skin days. I find it applies best with fingers. The feeling while applying is a bit funky cause it gets kinda tacky while you work it in. You can build it a tiny bit, but don’t expect it to cover acne scars or pigmentation. It looks like skin and doesn’t transfer. Great product!