MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 11/16/2017 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nice foundation, especially for someone (like me) that wants a no-fuss foundation that looks nice on your skin but feels weightless. I've always hated the feel of foundation on my face. This is light, water-based, and gives a satin finish. It's also long lasting (on me at least). It is on the sheer side, and is buildable to medium coverage (definitely not full though). For reference, i have dry, mature (40s), sensitive skin, with a few obvious sun spots, some fine lines (but not a lot), and slight redness in areas. I use the N2 color which is my closest match, and even though the "n" is supposed to be neutral, it leans slightly warm. The only con I would say is that this foundation does slightly exaggerate the texture issues I have around my mouth/nasolabial folds, but not in a horrible way. Be advised though that this does contain butylene glycol (MAC Pro longwear concealer does as well), if you have issues with that ingredient.

This is a great foundation if you dislike cakey skin and if you don't really have much to conceal. Ok, the facts: 29yo, dry/combination skin, no acne, no serious/visible skin issues, nc20 in MAC waterwight/ studio fix, C2 in face and body foundation. What I want from my foundation is to create a suitable base for blush/contouring and to even out my skin tone. F&B is quite lightweight and keeps my face moisturized. If you need full coverage or a thick foundation, better opt for a different one. It is one of my favourites (just repurchased the 120ml bottle) and the perfect value for money if you buy the large bottle - especially if you find it on sale. In my country, MAC launched a -30% discount last weekend, and that's why I decided to get an extra bottle.

The best way to describe this: very thin and watery, gives a nice dewy/glowy finish with light/medium coverage. I don’t think this is well suited for my skin type (oily/combo) and despite setting it, it doesn’t last as long as I’d like my foundations to (7-9hrs) and can get a bit too glowy/oily by the end of the day. It’s not a bad foundation though and does look absolutely gorgeous when you apply it and I see why many people would love this product as it really meshes well with the skin and makes it look lovely but the moisture/dewiness over the day’s wear and low coverage (I have alot of acne) isn’t for me. Personally wouldn’t repurchase as of now unless I had dry skin and needed less coverage! Till then I’ll stick with long wearing demi-matte foundations

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to like this foundation , I find it looks amazing on my clients but for my personal use I don’t like it. I love the glow it gives, but I find it doesn’t last on my skin, I do set with Laura mercier translucent powder. I’ll stick to my ultra hd by makeup forever

on 10/14/2017 1:32:00 PM

I'm 47 yo, combo skin, with no acne or acne marks, and no major wrinkles yet.. This foundation, as well as MAC Waterweight, and Becca's Aqua Luminous Foundation, are the only 3 foundations I have ever liked enough to repurchase over and over.. I like all 3 for different reasons, and I like Face and Body for the satin finish, healthy luminous look it gives, and that it's build able if needed... None of the MAC or Macy's near me sell the larger size anymore, not sure why, but the smaller bottle is $29, and lasts quite awhile for me. I hate foundation, and I don't hate this, or the other two I mentioned. I prefer to apply this with MAC's #187 duo fibre brush(Sonia Kashuk brand from Target sells an amazing duo fibre brush for under $14) as I feel I get the lightest, most luminous, outcome, with plenty of coverage, which is important for my age and skin type. Definitely recommend.

on 10/23/2017 12:15:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my HG foundation because:
-it doesn't break me out (and that's rare to come across)
-buildable coverage
-great coverage if used with concealer as well
-looks as natural as foundation will ever get

CONS
-makes skin oily so make sure to blot throughout the day and set with a lots of powder (rice powder from Palladio is good for sensitive skin)

Highly recommended tip: make sure to let this foundation sit for a couple minutes and then gently dab your fingers over your face to get rid of the excess oil from the foundation that doesn't need to be there so that when you apply powder it will look less cakey and more natural!!!! Works wonders trust me!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally I don’t shop at MAC and in fact I have purchased very few MAC products throughout my life mainly because I really dislike the sales people who for the most part I find to be pushy and rude. However all that aside, I started researching Face & Body which seemed to have a lot of qualities I desire in a foundation. So, I ventured into the store, and had a very pleasant SA offer to make me a number of samples in different shades - one to match my current skin tone, and two alternate shades to test out when my tan fades.

F&B is a very liquid (thin as water) consistency. Best method of application is to use your fingers, really working the foundation into the skin until the consistency changes from watery to tacky, kind of like it’s pulling on your skin. Add layers to get your preferred coverage. I’m happy with anything sheer to medium and love the dewy glow this gives my skin. It evens out the tone just enough to let my natural self show through. The most important aspects to me in a foundation are finish, being transfer-proof and shade. This scores high on all three of these. There are a number of shades to choose from and the one I am currently using (C4) is perfect for my summer shade. N3 is a good match for the colder months for me.

The formula contains silicones which is not an issue for my skin but something to be aware of if you can’t tolerate cones. I can wear this all day and it is extremely comfortable on my dry skin, never fading or requiring a touch up. It is easily removed with a cleansing balm.

I’d like to give this a 4.5 lippies out of 5 but since it’s whole numbers only I’m rounding up because I can’t find anything wrong with this foundation. It meets all of my needs and desires in a base product. The packaging could be a little nicer but for the texture, I think this soft squeezy dropper style bottle is probably best. This is where I would deduct 1/2 a lippie if I could. By far, this has been my best experience with MAC as a brand and a product. Fingers crossed they won’t disappoint in future as they have in past.

on 10/13/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

this is my hg foundation. i use it daily because its light to medium coverage and very hydrating. it is a bit pricey in my country but u dont need much and it lasts pretty long time. the only problem is the shade range cuz im very fair i have to mix n1 with white to get my perfect shade and thats pain in the .. for everyday usage. i hope they produce more shades

on 9/27/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have this in N1 which is a little darker than my skin (about an N15) but looks very natural on me anyway.

Bought this a while ago but the finish was too dewy for me, I found it enhanced texture so I never used it and kept looking.

Gave it another try this summer. I wanted something lightweight that doesn't look like makeup in the sun.

Now it's become one of my top 2 favorites... I still dislike a dewy finish but using mac blot powder (shade medium) or IT cosmetics translucent powder really turns the finish into a soft satin. I do need to touch up with the powder during the day or blot.

I love that nobody can detect this on the skin and how long wearing it is. The coverage is light but buildable to an extent.

It sinks slightly into wrinkles at the corners if my mouth but I just dab that away. Does not sink into pores at all.

It works great with the concealer (Lancome Effacernes) I use to cover pigmentation on my upper lip. This combo lasted thru long humid days this summer without breaking up at all.

All in all it's really beautifying and suitable for aging skin.

on 9/21/2017 10:30:00 AM

This foundation is the BOMB. I have dry, sensitive but clear skin that's gotten a lot better recently since I started actually caring about my skincare routine. I tend to get bad cases of eczema, like, everywhere, so my face can definitely get flakey and around the eye area especially.

Anyways, I was looking for something to ease the redness on my cheeks (my mom and grandpa have rosacea, and it's on my dads side too so I'm not ruling it out) and this is PERFECT. It sinks right into my skin and makes it look perfectly smooth and clear but still like me. I gravitate towards the glossier, less is more, camp as opposed to most to what I find is heavier MAC products but this is really perfect for me. If you have dry skin give this one a chance!

Only thing is I need to get better at getting this stuff out of the bottle. It can spurt out a bit too much on occasion.