74%

$31.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

This is really the best foundation in the world! And I’ll tell you why: firstly, foundations are meant to be used to correct the tone of your complexion, not to mask the skin completely; hence the need of a concealer to help colour correct to achieve a final all over consistent tone. This foundation does that perfectly without making you look cakey or uneven. Secondly, this photographs so beautifully!! I think it’s because of its ability to become one with your skin. And finally, it doesn’t dry out, flake, make you oily, or break apart - and I’ve tested this all day and night! However that is providing you use the right moisturiser/primer. I love the embrolleyse cream! This seriously outperformed my GA Luminous silk!! MAC you nailed it!

About reviewer (13 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrown

EyesBrown

3.0
from

2 years ago

I really wanted t love this but... I put it on in the morning and it caked up, low coverage, and made me soooo shiny by the end of the day. This week I was trying out new ways to use old foundations, I found a way to use this that I liked, I don't really know how it was throughout the day because I hate looking in the mirror just in case I look awful but after three days of using it it broke me out a little and I don't want it to get any worse so I have stopped and will stop.

About reviewer (17 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair

HairBlond

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I bought this because I kept seeing it in blog posts, and also because I was looking for something to mix my trustee BarePro liquid foundation with. It's a thin, extremely blendable sheer foundation- more like a tint, actually. What I love about this is that it's not heavy at all. I was afraid it would be too rich because I see a lot of dried-skinned folks using this, but it has the lightest consistency. If you compare it with the Glossier Skin Tint, Mac Face and Body feels way lighter and less greasy. It's great for days where you just want to even out your skin (don't forget sunscreen though) or if like me, you have a full coverage foundation that you absolutely adore but need more of an "everyday" coverage. I'm very impressed and will likely repurchase.

About reviewer (94 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

EyesHazel

2 years ago

Pros: +feels very comfortable and lightweight +doesn't break me out even if I use it everyday for long hours +C1 is a very good match for my fair skin with golden,slightly olive undertone +unlike most other foundations that are suitable for dry skin,it's not thick and heavy +doesn't sink in pores +doesn't crease +has a very pretty,skin-like,natural,luminous finish +doesn't look cakey even a bit +doesn't oxidize +it doesn't look patchy,blotchy,cakey,flakey,heavy,greasy or dry at the end of the day,it just sheers out and fades away gradually +has a very nice,travel friendly packaging +it's available in different sizes(both are bigger than other foundations) +doesn't have strong scent +I can use it by different methods of application +doesn't feel tight and drying on my sensitive,dry skin(unlike most other liquidy foundations) Cons: - coverage is sheer(I wished it was a little more) -it's very difficult to find in my country -it's not cheap(but not too expensive either specially considering the amount of product we receive) Finding a good foundation is a mission impossible for me these days.I have dehydrated skin and almost all foundations cling to my dry patches and get flakey or look cakey...I have almost clear skin just very little,almost invisible acne marks on sides of my face,dark circles under my eyes and my skin has a pinkish undertone on my cheeks which I dislike,while it looks yellowish above my upper lip I need something light so that it won't stick to my dry patches or look cakey,at the same time I need some coverage to cover redness and even out my skin tone I started searching and reading reviews and I listed options from each brand that looked good for me.Mac Face&Body was in that list There's not a mac cosmetic branch in Iran but I saw one in Tbilisi,Georgia when I traveled there..I was in hurry so I had to buy it without testing it. It's 50mil was 42.5$ and it's 120mil was 58$..I chose 50mil size because I wasn't sure it will work for me(now I wish I had purchased the bigger size) I bought it in shade C1 and it's very good for me.when I swatch it on my hand,it's a bit darker than my own skin(my skin is very fair with golden-slightly olive undertone) but when I put it on my face and blend it,it's an almost perfect match.I believe thanks to it's sheer coverage it can suit most fair-light skins maybe except the ones with very cool undertone It has liquid texture.I usually use a brush(Flat Top Buffing brush(number 123) of BH Cosmetics Sculpt & Blend 2 Set to apply and blend it,then I do the final blends with a damp Beatty Blender dupe with tapping motions.this way it gives me a sheer to light coverage which is enough to even out my skin but I can use just a sponge or even my fingers to apply it.I usually Spray Mac Prep and Prime Fix + Spray on my bare skin,then put on moisturizer,then a drugstore brand primer(Maybelline Baby Skin or Master Prime),then this foundation(usually two layers of it),,then use a concealer for my dark cycles(sometimes use a peachy color corrector first),swirl a soft dust of translucent powder under my eyes and fix it with spray.after 6 hours my skin looks as good as first minute,just my nose looks a bit shiney It has a natural/skinlike finish which is my favorite for daily use.not matte,not dewy but it has a pretty luminosity.unlike most other liquidy/watery foundations it doesn't dry out skin and look powdery and cracky as day goes on and the most important thing is that it doesn't look cakey or patchy at all,even though I sometimes use huge amounts of it. I use Clinique pep start sunscreen & moisturizer or Clinique Dramatically Different Lotion or Bioderma Atoderm Cream(the one that comes in white package with blue pump)or ST.Ives Moisturizing Collagen Cream as base and it goes well with all of them and all of my primers It feels light and comfortable on skin.no tightness,no itchy or burning feel.I'm also very happy with it's longevity.it's not very long lasting but unlike most other foundations it doesn't look heavy,cakey,patchy or dry as day goes on,it just starts fading but I have dry skin and I don't know how it lasts on a skin with more oil production The only thing about it which isn't perfect is it's coverage.it's ok for daily wear and I'm not into full coverage foundations but I sometimes like medium coverage ones but I'm not sure if I can find something this natural and skin like with more coverage All in all I'm happy with this foundation even though I'm not sure I can call it my HG,there's still a long list of foundations which I'd like to try but if I wasn't looking for adventure of trying new things,I'd definitely repurchase it,this time in 120mil bottle,by the way,it's bottle is very travel-friendly Edit: My skin isn't that dry anymore(it's still dry but not flakey),it's in it's best conditions right now thanks to seriously following a good skincare routine and I LOVE this foundation now.if you have healthy,clear skin and you want something very light and you're in the mood of no makeup- makeup/ my skin but better foundations make sure to try this one 2nd Edit: After trying many high-end and drug store foundations I believe I can call Mac Face&Body my HG now.what makes me really love it is it's sheer,natural and radiant look,and that it doesn't look bad even at the end of a long day (Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation is my drugstore HG)

About reviewer (202 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

EyesBrown

1.0

2 years ago

I wanted soooo bad to love this product..the texture...the coverage...everything I was looking for. Even the fact that it is water proof and long wearing was what I was looking for. I have combination skin where it gets dehydrated daily and oily as the day continues. I got this thinking it would prevent my skin from getting dehydrated and as long as I used a good setting powder, then it would be a perfect match. Well, it looked great on my skin...even with my old acne scars and texture...but...after wearing it to work 1 day...I double cleansed my face and HOLY SHIT WHAT IN THE HECK?!!! I got cystic acne spots all over my face!!! I haven't had cystic acne in almost a year!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! One on my upper lip, another on my forevhead, one on my chin, and 2 forming on my cheek...Jesus lawd!!! NO!!! I about threw that devil liquid through the wall! The mistake I made was not doing my research 1st. I usually always go to CosDNA.com and look up the foundations of interest and as long as they score 4 or below on the acne causing ingredients, then I can wear this foundation...this foundation had a high score of 11...11!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH never again...back to my search for finding a truly hydrating foundation that wont break me out :( UPDATE: I think the cystic acne causing ingredient is: Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate go to cosDNA.com and if check your foundation to see if it has that ingredient if youre struggling with cystic acne flair ups when u try new foundations.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Fair

HairBrown

2 years ago

I tried this because it seemed to be the most recommended foundation for people whose skin "flakes up" as soon as liquid foundation touches it. It in fact is better in that regard than anything I can remember trying. I think that's connected to its sheerness/translucence. It has less powder (titanium dioxide specifically I guess) making it quite translucent, but also "cling" less to dry skin. It might also have something to do with it being "water-based", i.e. having more water than silicone or oil/esters. Silicone-based primers and foundations do sometimes seem to flake up more on me. (Note however that the second ingredient after water is dimethicone - it's not silicone free by any means.) The sheerness makes it easy to blend and fade out nicely, and also means I almost get away with N1 actually being too dark and somewhat too yellow for me. (*Almost* as in, I was doing only my face this way for a week until I encountered a full body mirror in daylight at work, and realized my neck was looking awfully white...) The sheerness also means I use a LOT of it to even out/cover redness on nose, and that pimples and such aren't covered in the least. Another reason I use a lot because it sets crazy fast. I'll squirt out a few drops, on, say, my left cheekbone and start blending, and it might set before I've covered the whole left undereye area. It's hard to tell, but I feel like I must use at least 4X my usual amount of foundation, just to actually get everything covered somewhat evenly. If the color matched my skin better I'd probably use a lot less though. I'm experimenting with Nyx white foundation mixer, but it's tricky for so many reasons - I really recommend against it.

About reviewer (18 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2.0

2 years ago

I yet to meet a MAC foundation that didn't mess up my skin. For the reference, I have a sensitive normal slightly dehydrated skin with dry patches on cheeks and forehead. Pros: - the foundation is very lightweight and looks like skin once applied; - the best application technique is using the fingers (I love using fingers); - looks radiant but not greasy upon application, didn't become greasy through the day; - I don't need to mix two shades to get a perfect match, N3 fits me perfectly. Cons: - the lasting power is meh. Stays good for 5 hours and rapidly starts to wear off afterward; - settling into fine lines as the day goes and moving around, mostly on my dry patches! I never experienced a foundation moving on dry parts of my skin; - separates and becomes powdery even if I do not set it with powder and even if I only have one thin layer; - gives me red rashes, not pimples, but a red irritated eczema-like skin. Overall, I don't get the hype, and from my experience, I have no idea which skin type might enjoy it.

About reviewer (667 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I have had this product for a while now and I absolutely love it. I know this foundation is extremely popular with makeup artists and I can see why. I have the shade C2 which is quite yellow but it warms my complexion up yet still matches. I am NC20 for reference so think the shade C1 would be an exact match. This foundation provides light and buildable coverage and actually looks better as the day goes on. It stays on and most importantly does not break me out whatsoever. I have normal skin which can be dehydrated and also a bit sensitive. I would say that this foundation is probably better suited to normal/dry skin as it is quite dewy. I apply powder in my t-zone when using this but my skin isn't oily. The finish it gives is like my skin but better. It basically is second skin in a bottle (for me anyway). I honestly cannot recommend this enough for those who are looking for light-medium coverage however I definitely think it is better suited for normal skin types as it can leave a bit of a shine.

About reviewer (37 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

After a long search for a foundation for dry skin I ended at this one. This foundation is perfect if you have a normal to dry skin without a lot of imperfections. Then it will create a beautiful coverage. When I first used it on my combo/dry skin I was of course not amazed by the coverage because there is very little of it. Because I find my MAC Studio Fix (in NC15) too sticky and heavy wearing, but do love its cover abilities, I thought I would mix them! And boy, now this was something I had been looking for in a foundation. I use the F&B in C1 and it matches perfectly with SF NC15. You get this beautiful, medium but buildable coverage without the heavy feel. I only use some under-eye concealer with that. When I apply my makeup, I use a LED mirror, and if you’re familiar with them you know you see every pore and line and even in that light this mixture looks amazing. When you’re done makeupping, just lightly pat some powder everywhere you want because it will still be a be dewy. I do have to say that this will not last very long, I’d say with me like 4-5 hours.

About reviewer (1 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlond, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This foundation is great . It offers medium coverage, it's very light on the face and gives you a silk finish and glow. For me it works better during summer,but I use it on winter sometimes along with other foundations when I want fuller coverage.

About reviewer (4 reviews)

Age19-24