74%

$31.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I love this foundation: I’m usually a NC42 and I use C5 in the Face and Body Foundation. I’m combo-oily with medium pore size on my cheeks with a bit of redness all across my cheeks and nose. The trick to love this foundation is to apply it with your fingers. I tried it with a brush (didn’t like the finish) and a sponge (a no-no and not buildable at all with it). When you apply it with your fingers, you can feel the consistency getting tacky as you blend it into your skin and that’s when you know you’ve got it right! Very lightweight with a natural sheer finish, you can build it to a low-medium coverage but if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne scars, you will not like this foundation. I feel like it’s impossible to look cakey with this foundation as it never clings to my occasional dry patches (more often during winter time) and it’s the reason why I love it so much. I powder down the very dewy finish and it can get slightly oily during the day but the foundation never breaks down, it just gets glowy-ier. It’s a very good every day foundation.

About reviewer (5 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

from

2 years ago

I've become spoilt by that Mac F&B tacky/sinking in magic. You know-that point where it just melts into your skin and feels like it's become one with your face? Just a few weeks ago I finished up a bottle of the C1, and figured I'd tuck into a Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua I'd purchased earlier this winter (B10-wee light, but still doable on my nc20 skin). The Chanel is very nice, don't get me wrong. And I'll happily finish up the bottle. Especially at $50 bucks a pop. But the kicker is that, while the Aqua is pretty similar to the F&B in density, texture, and watery ease of application, I'm still waiting every morning for it to sink in like the F&B would do. And, of course, it doesn't. No offense to Chanel there, as I've never had any other liquid foundation do what F&B does. And I miss it! Oh, and the Aqua is a bit of a lighter coverage foundation than the F&B also. Not too much, but I can still tell. So there will come a day later this year when I'll happily return to that old F&B magic!

About reviewer (66 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

2 years ago

I was looking for a more sheer and glowy foundation to wear for university graduation and related events so I didn't look too overdone. This is going to be perfect! It builds up to a light medium coverage and I don't have to set it at all, which is a huge plus for my very dry skin. I've tried a beauty sponge and brushes for application but I'd recommend fingers for the best result. I use Wayne Goss' method of warming it in my hands, then rubbing it on my face and just when it starts getting tacky, smoothing it down in the direction of face hairs. It gives the most amazing glowy, glossy filtered face effect and I can't put it down!

About reviewer (130 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

EyesHazel

from

2 years ago

I love this foundation! Its the most natural looking foundation I've ever used and perfect for days when I want to look like I dont wear makeup. I have dry skin and this gives me a perfect dewy finish. Its best applied with your fingers and has a watery consistency that feels very hydrating on the skin. I have the big bottle and it lasts forever. The only con is that it doesn't redness or spots, so dont use if you want high coverage.

About reviewer (15 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinDry, Olive

HairBrunette

1.0

2 years ago

If I could give this negative stars I would. I always trust these reviews and often end up baffled by all the positive reviews. That was definitely the case with this product. I would do a PROS/CONS list, but there were no PROS. This product is horrible for the following reasons... - Completely un-natural looking - No coverage - Goes on uneven - Rubs off on anything/everything. Don't touch your face! - Settles into fine lines and makes you look old This is one of the worst foundations I've ever bought. I'd rather buy a $10 drugstore foundation than this.

About reviewer (136 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinAcne-prone

HairBrown

2 years ago

This is one of the best foundations, certainly the best by MAC and my absolute go-to foundation in summer. I’m normally NC25-NC30 so I go between C3 and C4. It gives light coverage, perfect match with skin, quite sheer texture but still evens out the skin perfectly. I like the plastic bottle packaging, easy to adjust the amount you need and easy to carry around. You need to shake it well each time you use it. This is how I apply: only with hands, I warm a good amount between my fingers. I spread it onto my face, including eyelids and undereyes with light circular motions and this way it sets instantly. It’s sticky at first, but once it dries it stays put. No need to set it with powder, I only apply a mattifying powder on the t-zone. I apply it over my sunscreen and it doesn’t clog up or make your skin feel heavy. You need to wash your hands with soap as it doesn’t remove easily. In the evening I massage cream cleanser and wipe it off with micellar water to remove it. I buy the larger bottle and it lasts for a very long time, also great value for money. For reference, I’m 41, have normal skin that tends to be oily in summer and I’ve been using this foundation for more than 10 years.

About reviewer (189 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3.0

2 years ago

I love the formula and the way it sits on my skin. Unfortunately, there is no matching shade available for me during the winter. I have very pale skin and a neutral skin tone, and the lightest foundation is just too pink. The alternative is the second lightest and it is too dark (a bit too yellow too). However, I can use it for some part of the summer before I get some actual tan going. I think it’s very sad, since I do love the formula. It’s moisturising and does not hide my freckles.

About reviewer (19 reviews)

AgeUnder 18

SkinDry, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

Looove it! It is definitely for those good skin days. I find it applies best with fingers. The feeling while applying is a bit funky cause it gets kinda tacky while you work it in. You can build it a tiny bit, but don’t expect it to cover acne scars or pigmentation. It looks like skin and doesn’t transfer. Great product!

About reviewer (17 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinDry, Fair

HairRed

2 years ago

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

About reviewer (21 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinVery Dry, Fair, Cool

HairBrunette, Curly, Coarse

2.0

2 years ago

Dislike. It has some good qualities because its definitely buildable, but the coverage is sheer and its sticky and requires drying time. You have to be really careful with color match. It doesnt wear well unless you use primer and fixing spray

About reviewer (63 reviews)

Age56 & Over