74%

$31.00 on Saks Fifth Avenue
Shop Now

Reviews

2 years ago

I took a while to come to an opinion regarding this foundation. But, after going through three bottles and many seasons, I have never ever been let down by this. While, this is not my HG, I will ALWAYS have Face&Body on hand regardless of what other foundation I am using. The PROS: 1. Very forgiving foundation: dry, flakey skin? No matter, this foundation will give even finish. Oily oily hot summer skin? Just powder this baby, and it will not melt off, not be greasy yet wont dehydrate you. Dry mature skin? This foundation will not emphasise fine lines/pores what so ever! In my experience, even the most expensive foundations can have an occasional bad day. But, this humble baby always always has my back <3 2. Looks like SKIN! Legit. Just slightly more even, slightly better, realistic looking glow and still your own skin. This is important for me. In about 10 years time I won't have my youthful skin anymore, so I hate plastering it with full coverage gunk. Even the high end luxury foundations I have used don't look as skin-like in person as this one does. I just use concealer where I need help, but using medium/full coverage all over does not look as fresh. 3. Lasts, doesn't make me greasy (and I have a VERY OILY T-ZONE), looks fresh for hours! 4. The plastic bottle is SO EASY to travel with - no more worrying that my glass bottle with break! 5. C6 is a really good match for my summer skin - but again because this is sheer coverage, even slightly off undertone/match is VERY FORGIVING. No more buying 2 foundations, mixing to get my shade - less waste of money. 6. ABSOLUTE VALUE FOR THE PRICE! Cons: None really. This is not HG because I am sheep and in search for something that makes me look like those instagram girls lol. Or, the real reason, I haven't given up searching for something that would give me higher coverage (for those special occasions) but still gives me the same finish this foundation (aka looks like skin).

About reviewer (17 reviews)

SkinAcne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Love it! I use it everyday. Finishing is beautiful (might be too dewy for some people). My skin is red and oily. Though the coverage is light, yellow undertone does help to cover the redness. Since it's water base, my face is less oily than the day I'm using other fdt. I like to apply it with my hands, it's very bendable, however, it sticks to skin quickly, so you should apply it with quick hands. I would repurchase it!

About reviewer (6 reviews)

SkinOily, Tan

HairBrown

EyesHazel

2 years ago

My go to everyday foundation. I have it in C3 and love how you can build it up from sheer to medium coverage. Just have to wait for the layers to dry a bit (I like to wear just one layer for everyday two if I’m going out or am on a date with my husband). After washing and moisturizing my face I use my fingers (washed hands only) in a tapping motion to apply this foundation for a natural look. I’m pregnant right now and my usual go to which is Nars sheer glow is making me break out so the Mac F&B is a lifesaver because I’ve already had it in my collection and I love it. It holds up pretty well even in hot California weather although I do take it on the go for the occasional touch up because I have combination skin and don’t have the patience to fuss with primers but I have the small bottle and it’s easy to just throw it in my bag no fuss no spills. I also like the plastic bottle because it’s sturdy and I’m clumsy and tend to drop stuff.

About reviewer (22 reviews)

Age30-35

SkinCombination, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

This is a great foundation if you dislike cakey skin and if you don't really have much to conceal. Ok, the facts: 29yo, dry/combination skin, no acne, no serious/visible skin issues, nc20 in MAC waterwight/ studio fix, C2 in face and body foundation. What I want from my foundation is to create a suitable base for blush/contouring and to even out my skin tone. F&B is quite lightweight and keeps my face moisturized. If you need full coverage or a thick foundation, better opt for a different one. It is one of my favourites (just repurchased the 120ml bottle) and the perfect value for money if you buy the large bottle - especially if you find it on sale. In my country, MAC launched a -30% discount last weekend, and that's why I decided to get an extra bottle.

About reviewer (8 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinOther, Other

HairOther

EyesOther

2 years ago

I really want to like this foundation , I find it looks amazing on my clients but for my personal use I don’t like it. I love the glow it gives, but I find it doesn’t last on my skin, I do set with Laura mercier translucent powder. I’ll stick to my ultra hd by makeup forever

About reviewer (7 reviews)

SkinNormal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Medium

EyesBlack

3.0

2 years ago

The best way to describe this: very thin and watery, gives a nice dewy/glowy finish with light/medium coverage. I don’t think this is well suited for my skin type (oily/combo) and despite setting it, it doesn’t last as long as I’d like my foundations to (7-9hrs) and can get a bit too glowy/oily by the end of the day. It’s not a bad foundation though and does look absolutely gorgeous when you apply it and I see why many people would love this product as it really meshes well with the skin and makes it look lovely but the moisture/dewiness over the day’s wear and low coverage (I have alot of acne) isn’t for me. Personally wouldn’t repurchase as of now unless I had dry skin and needed less coverage! Till then I’ll stick with long wearing demi-matte foundations

About reviewer (124 reviews)

SkinCombination, Medium, Warm

HairBrown, Straight, Fine

2 years ago

This is my HG foundation because: -it doesn't break me out (and that's rare to come across) -buildable coverage -great coverage if used with concealer as well -looks as natural as foundation will ever get CONS -makes skin oily so make sure to blot throughout the day and set with a lots of powder (rice powder from Palladio is good for sensitive skin) Highly recommended tip: make sure to let this foundation sit for a couple minutes and then gently dab your fingers over your face to get rid of the excess oil from the foundation that doesn't need to be there so that when you apply powder it will look less cakey and more natural!!!! Works wonders trust me!

About reviewer (1 reviews)

SkinOther, Fair-Medium

HairBrunette

EyesBlue

2 years ago

I'm 47 yo, combo skin, with no acne or acne marks, and no major wrinkles yet.. This foundation, as well as MAC Waterweight, and Becca's Aqua Luminous Foundation, are the only 3 foundations I have ever liked enough to repurchase over and over.. I like all 3 for different reasons, and I like Face and Body for the satin finish, healthy luminous look it gives, and that it's build able if needed... None of the MAC or Macy's near me sell the larger size anymore, not sure why, but the smaller bottle is $29, and lasts quite awhile for me. I hate foundation, and I don't hate this, or the other two I mentioned. I prefer to apply this with MAC's #187 duo fibre brush(Sonia Kashuk brand from Target sells an amazing duo fibre brush for under $14) as I feel I get the lightest, most luminous, outcome, with plenty of coverage, which is important for my age and skin type. Definitely recommend.

About reviewer (239 reviews)

Age44-55

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Neutral

HairBrown, Wavy, Medium

2 years ago

this is my hg foundation. i use it daily because its light to medium coverage and very hydrating. it is a bit pricey in my country but u dont need much and it lasts pretty long time. the only problem is the shade range cuz im very fair i have to mix n1 with white to get my perfect shade and thats pain in the .. for everyday usage. i hope they produce more shades

About reviewer (28 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Fine

3 years ago

Normally I don’t shop at MAC and in fact I have purchased very few MAC products throughout my life mainly because I really dislike the sales people who for the most part I find to be pushy and rude. However all that aside, I started researching Face & Body which seemed to have a lot of qualities I desire in a foundation. So, I ventured into the store, and had a very pleasant SA offer to make me a number of samples in different shades - one to match my current skin tone, and two alternate shades to test out when my tan fades. F&B is a very liquid (thin as water) consistency. Best method of application is to use your fingers, really working the foundation into the skin until the consistency changes from watery to tacky, kind of like it’s pulling on your skin. Add layers to get your preferred coverage. I’m happy with anything sheer to medium and love the dewy glow this gives my skin. It evens out the tone just enough to let my natural self show through. The most important aspects to me in a foundation are finish, being transfer-proof and shade. This scores high on all three of these. There are a number of shades to choose from and the one I am currently using (C4) is perfect for my summer shade. N3 is a good match for the colder months for me. The formula contains silicones which is not an issue for my skin but something to be aware of if you can’t tolerate cones. I can wear this all day and it is extremely comfortable on my dry skin, never fading or requiring a touch up. It is easily removed with a cleansing balm. The packaging could be a little nicer but for the texture, I think this soft squeezy dropper style bottle is probably best. Fingers crossed they won’t disappoint in future as they have in past.

About reviewer (968 reviews)

Age44-55