MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a HG foundation! And here are the reasons:

1. As others have stated before, it is light and you can do the whole natural, dewy look with this foundation.

2. The colour can be built, so you can get a nice medium coverage if you want and with a finishing/setting powder, it can look flawless.

3. I definitely like the colours better. In the MAC colour range NC is quite yellow. NW is quite pink. But the colour range for the MAC Face and Body Foundation is a little different. It uses C and N. C is still yellow but it has a little bit of pink. N on the other hand is pink but has some yellow in it. So itís not one extreme to another.

4. Itís great on almost all skin types and excellent for people with dark skin as it blends in beautifully (especially if you suffer a little bit of hyper-pigmentation like I do). I tend to use this professionally (bridal, photographic etc) and a lot of the time I donít even use a concealer. If the person has a lot of blemishes, I will use a concealer or a stick foundation.

5. For the amount that you get in the bottle, itís also value for money. I find that I don't have to use too much so a little goes a long way.

6. I love the bottle. Some people have complained that it gets messy but I find that I can take out as little or as much as I want and the bottle is easy to clean.

7. As the name states, it is also a body foundation, and it's great for covering minor to medium flaws on the body.

Okay, I have stated a lot of good points here, but almost every thing has a flaw. This may not relate to all of you, and I am speaking more from personal experience with this product. However, I am still very happy giving this product a five out of five!

1. When I use this product for a photo shoot for example, I tend to not use much powder to set the foundation as I can touch up the makeup on the model any time. However, on me personally (with combination skin) I tend to find that if I donít set this foundation with a translucent powder (or use a primer underneath), it can melt away.

2. Also in summer, this foundation on me needs to be blotted quite a bit. Iím envious about those of you who can wear this so naturally in summer and not have it look completely oily or melt, but I find that I have to touch up quite a bit.

Well there it is and sorry for the essay, but I do love this foundation and it is almost perfect!

on 7/31/2009 5:37:00 PM

PROS
1. Sheer with buildable coverage
2. A great value for the size of the bottle
3. Very natural looking (depends on application method)

CONS
1. Can be extremely irritating to the skin
2. Extremely difficult to wash out of makeup brushes
3. No oil control

MY SKIN
1. Acne prone
2. Oily/Acne Prone
3. Shade: N2

---

Before I bought MAC Face & Body foundation, I carefully read all the reviews and researched it like a madwoman before making the commitment to purchase. Seems the reviews were split on this particular item; either you love it or you hate it. When the MAC SUMO sale came around I bit the bullet and ordered a bottle (I've never been MAC color matched so I used the "Email an Artist" link on their website and got a suggestion based on the foundation color I use in a different makeup line).

Application methods (using Monistat Anti-Chafing gel as primer):

1. FINGERS
Some people say they just smear it on their face with their fingers. In practice this left and uneven, oily mess on my face. It highlighted every pore and dry patch and any tiny wrinkle was magnified. Had to wash off and start over.

2. SKUNK BRUSH
I used the Sonia Kashuk highlighting brush (aka Skunkicorn), and I also tried it with the Sonia Kashuk flat-top blush brush. It worked best with the Skunkicorn; the flat-top blush brush was too dense to spread the very liquid-y foundation properly.
Using the stippling/buffing method, this created a very sheer, even-toned and beautiful look to my complexion. It also eliminated that "oily" look from the finger application method. Set with loose powder and my skin looked almost flawless. You can also wait a couple minutes after application and apply another layer for more coverage.

3. SPONGE
First of all, if you use the sponge method (and with a good sponge; not the drugstore latex wedges) you should stipple your foundation on with it, not drag and smear it all over your face. Stipping gives a nice air-brushed finish when done correctly.
I did not try this method with this foundation because all I had were my Laura Mercier sponges and my cheapo drugstore wedges that I never use. With the difficulty I had removing the foundation from my skunk brush, I knew it would never fully wash out from my Laura Mercier sponge and would have to throw it out more frequently (LM sponges last up to two-months each). I didn't want to use the drugstore wedges because that was just setting myself up for failure.
The foundation itself seemed too liquid (it's very watery) to even use properly with a sponge, so I can't comment on how it looks with the sponge method.

---

The first day I used it (with primer + setting powder) it looked nice but got pretty oily quickly. I started using this foundation when summer started so I can't blame oiliness on the foundation too much. If you blot gently with paper or even cheap toilet tissue, it shouldn't disturb the foundation too much.

When I went to wash it off that night I noticed my skin was much more irritated that usual and a few cystic spots had begun to form. Against better judgment, I kept using it.

I have to say, before I started using this foundation, while I *am* acne prone and do have many acne scars, I had been following a regimen that left me with nearly clear, healthy looking skin. That changed after a couple weeks, however....

The next day I applied it as usual and went on with my day. By the afternoon my face was beginning to feel itchy and irritated. Thinking my reaction was due to the weather vs. the foundation, I just washed it off as usual that night and my skin looked even worse than the night before.

A couple weeks of doing this and these are the effects I noticed with my skin:
1. I do have oily skin, but my pores aren't very noticeable. After using MAC F&B for a period my pores became very pronounced.
2. My skin became more red, my old acne scars darkened substantially and were even more prominent.
3. Acne. I started developing cysts all over my face. I had been taking care of my skin and had not experienced cysts for MONTHS until I started using this foundation.
4. Skin seemed to be getting oilier and looked incredibly awful when I removed the foundation. As I said, I had been taking care of my skin and normally when I wash my makeup off my skin looked fairly clear, UNTIL I started using this foundation. My skin looked red with dark, purplish acne scars all over my face. What the!

----

I have no idea WHAT exactly in this foundation affected my skin so badly... but the only other foundation that messed up my skin in a similar manner have been Tarte's Smooth Operator and Peaches and Cream foundations (which are both terrible to remove from brushes/sponges if applied in that manner, just like MAC F&B foundation).

Discontinued use of MAC F&B for three weeks have been getting treatments from an esthetician to fix my skin after all that abuse.

I had some theories as to why my skin was so damaged/irritated from this foundation; maybe my foundation brush was too harsh? Maybe it was building up in the brush because it was so hard to remove, and THAT was messing up my skin?

I've come to the conclusion that it's simply the MAC Face & Body foundation itself. My sister had once used this foundation back in the day and I recall she had similar bad luck with it. There are tons of posts online about people who have had ill effects from this foundation, as well as people who rave about it and experienced no side-effects from it at all.

I say get this if you don't have trouble with MAC foundations, or are not acne prone in any way shape or form. I'm super jealous of anyone who can wear this daily without problems, as it does look very natural and nice when applied properly. If you have any doubts at all, get a sample and apply daily for a week and check for reactions.

I am a little angry at myself! I have bought so many highend foundations like Guerlains Parure, EL's DW, Lancome Teint Miracle, Kanebo's Cream Finish, Chanel`s Pro Lumiere, MAC's Pro Longwear as well as high quality Mineral Foundations (Lucy Minerals, Meow MM) and a lot of drugstore brands which weren't too bad either (I do believe good looking skin is the most important feature even moreso the older you get). You can say that all of these foundations I have named have certain advantages. But along with those, why haven't I tried the famous Face and Body Foundation beforehand? The MAC girls always told me, I'd need more coverage for my skin (I have some redness around the nose and some discolourations on the cheeks, nothing really bad but definitely visible) so F&B wouldn't be adequate. They said. So I walked out of the MAC store having bought so many other things, feeling that my skin was unfortunately not as nice as I'd like it to be in order to wear the foundation that models wear.
One day after a saleswoman sold me Guerlain`s Parure in the wrong shade (too dark) I swore not to trust anyone except myself. So I went to the MAC store, asked for F&B, ignored the puzzled face of the MUA, asked for C2 instead of the recommended C3 (Why on earth would anyone want to look like a roasted chicken? Can't they see that this shade was WAY too dark?) for my NC 25 skintone, went home, washed my face, applied the MU with my fingers (it's really important too warm it up), took a VERY close look from all angles in broad daylight and felt that this was the BEST FOUNDATION I have ever come across. Why?
It's as simple as that: Because it doesn't look like one, it's really not detectable! The magical word is NATURAL. And therefore youthful.
The best thing is: It stays on all day (even on my rather oily nose) and doesn't accentuate the dryness on my cheeks. Makes me look younger than I am because it has a very subtle luminosity (unlike Prolumiere that first looks good and fresh and 1 hour later it transform to an oilslick). It just makes skin look "clean" and even. I also noticed that my blush stays on much longer because the foundation doesn't evaporate like the others usually do (my skin seems do drink up the MU). Funny enough, it is a fluid, that I find highly pigmented. It has the ability to even out dark liverspots without covering them with a thick texture like many fullcoverage foundations do. Maybe it is the way the light is reflected. All I know is that my skin, now that I am 34 years old, looks healthy, glowy and fresh with F&B. A good reason to calm down!
Update: a) In summer, to get a more bronzed effect, I mix a little drop of N5 to my C2 foundation. C3 was way too orange for my skin and I was recommended N5 to get the non-orangey bronzey look. This time, I was lucky with my MUA. Looks fantastic and natural!
b) I've noticed how important it is to warm this up little bit and really work it into the skin. On days I was in a hurry and didn't apply it properly my skin looked shiny and I had the feeling as if the foundation was sliding off. The best way for me is to warm it up on the back of my hand, then I apply it with my fingers and circular motions to my face until I have the feeling that it dries or sets. Then I wait for 2 minutes and comb hair. Finally, with my fingertips I lightly pat the foundation into my skin. The result is a velvety fresh skin with a subtle glow that looks absolutely natural. Sometimes when I feel a little bit oily around the nose I will use my HG Prep+Prime Loose Powder.

on 7/24/2011 1:44:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

Many people wonder about how the two most popular Face&Body foundations compare to each other. I concentrated on a brief comparison of Make Up For Ever and MAC to share my experiences. Hopefully my review will help you make a choice, (or wind up like me and simply have to have both!)
Make Up For Ever Face & Body Liquid Makeup, in shade 34, is my favorite foundation, but MAC F&B in C4 is too! MUFE costs $38.00 for 1.69 oz, and I need to use 2 - 3 layers over my melasma areas. For a little more coverage (yet a completely natural finish), and a pinch of "dew", a 4.0 oz bottle of MAC Face & Body in C4 for $32.50 is a quite a deal! Depending on whether my biggest frustrations are my melasma, or looking sallow, I get what I want from each of these. MAC F&B is a little oilier than MUFE, but it's invisible on my skin, and the lasting power is better than Pro-Longwear. C4 is a better color match on my skin than my NC35 Pro-Longwear (which SAs suggest is my color, but I'm not so sure). MAC Face & Body doesn't fill in my lines and pores as much as MUFE does, but it covers melasma better. Melasma is my biggest problem issue, so that's a huge plus. With MUFE, I need a 4-5 pumps of liquid for coverage of my whole face, but with MAC Face & Body a drop (really) goes a long way. Both foundations create a similar, natural "skin-like" look, which is what I love about them. I can swim in both and still have a relatively "perfect" (ha ha) complexion. For the price and the excellent performance, it's hard to go wrong with MAC Face & Body foundation.
Update/Note-8/8/11: Another point of comparison is how each of these works over the dreaded daily sunscreen. On my skin, with my sunscreen MAC F&B wins hands down. MUFE can take on some of the whiteness or texture of the sunscreen so a mattifier is usually needed as an extra layer. The MAC F&B literally makes it's own barrier over the sunscreen (currently using EltaMD UV Clear 46), yet somehow manages to look like skin, not makeup. The more I use the MAC F&B, the more I love it, and it may even completely replace the MUFE after I run out of this bottle...

on 7/19/2014 10:07:00 AM

This foundation changed my mind about something I've assumed true for many years now: that foundation cannot look impeccable when applied with fingers. I had heard that about F&B in the past, but I'm stubborn and I still tried to apply this with my brush the first two days... As a result, I was very iffy about the finish. It didn't seem to justify the amazing things I had heard in the past about the product - it sort of sat on top of my skin, looked slightly patchy, and overwhelmingly pedestrian for such a touted HG foundation.

The third day I gave in. I applied with my fingers... EPIPHANY! The formula actually physically changes when applied with the heat and mechanical manipulation of your hand. You can feel the texture becoming thicker, while simultaneously the coverage becomes one with your face. I'm SHOCKED because I never anticipated how dramatic the difference would be. Instead of sitting on top of the skin, as it appears when applied with a brush, the color becomes seamless with skin. No emphasis on dry patches, non artificial-looking color (and that's a big statement coming from a very neutral-toned NC/NW20).

The coverage is not full, so if there are very red or dark blemishes, spot-concealing will still be necessary. However, for everyday small blemishes, moderate unevenness in skin tone, and a bit of redness in the skin, this works perfectly.

Take a photograph of yourself and you will fall in love. I didn't realize how luminous the finish was until I did. I normally associate luminous foundations with stickiness, discomfort, and my hair getting oily when it brushes against my face. F&B doesn't have that never-set feeling dewiness - it just looks HEALTHY. There's zero flash-back due to the absence of SPF (highly unusual, and appreciated, since I get my sunblock from another product, and don't need it ruining my pictures)

I do set with powder, because I always conceal under my eyes (Clinique Line-Smoothing Concealer), and I find with any foundation if I don't apply some powder, the concealer or the blush is going to migrate. I use my HG powder, MAC's prep and prime finishing powder, and there is zero cake-face and the luminosity is still there. I've found my chin gets oily by the end of the day (it always does, no matter what I'm using!), but the coverage doesn't become patchy and slide around - it just looks shiny.

My tips for applying this:

1. Don't over-moisturize during your skin-care routine: there is some moisturizing benefit to this foundation, so it would be overkill.

2. Wear a primer, if you're going to use it for 8+ hour wear. Be light-handed.

3. Apply with your HANDS. I shake the product vigorously, then squeeze out a nickel-sized amount on the back of my hand. Work with one area of the face at a time - dab some with your fingers onto, for instance, the center of your cheek, and work it in with circular motions, like you're applying moisturizer. You'll feel the product thicken, and you can smooth it over the rest of the area. If an area doesn't seem to have enough coverage for your liking, finish the rest of your face to allow it to set, then come back and add more.

4. Set with preferably a translucent powder. Powders that give extra-coverage will dampen the skin-like effect of the foundation. If you use a setting-spray, now's the time.

One quick-tip for picking your shade when purchasing: I'm an NC20, and I only become marginally 'darker' during the summer months. This is the first time in my adult life that I've purchased a foundation that was slightly darker than my natural skin tone, and it turned out fabulous. I went for the N2 because my undertones are very neutral, and the additional warmth of the shade really enhanced the color of my skin. It doesn't look fake at all! The coverage is sheer enough that slight differences in your color and the foundation will not be apparent.

I'm struggling to find a foundation to compare this to... It's like what I always wanted a tinted-moisturizer or a BB cream to be, but was always let down. The type of foundations I typically gravitate towards are light to medium, very natural, skin-like coverage: think UD Naked Skin Foundation, Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, Clinique Even Better.

Right now, this is keeping my super-radiant and healthy looking during the summer-time, and I'm not having those dreaded "my face is melting off" blues. I would encourage anyone to try out F&B!

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

This is probably my favourite foundation ever (and I've tried everything from Dior to NARS to MUFE to Maybelline to Bourjois to Rimmel to Bobbi Brown to Laura Mercier...you get my drift). Some people call this sheer but I politely disagree - it is a light coverage foundation that can be built up to medium.

Now, I do not have nice skin by any means. I have acne scarring on my cheekbone, a few on my chin, the occasional blemish on my forehead. To top that all off I have a very uneven skin tone and some redness on my cheeks. It's so ugly. But this foundation works brilliantly for me and makes my skin look pretty! Even without concealer, this diminishes any redness, evens out my skin tone beautifully and covers my acne scarring! It does provide some coverage to currentt blemishes, but not enough to cover them completely. If I want a really flawless look I just apply a little bit of concealer underneath and then apply this ontop.

The texture is very watery and thin. I highly recommend using your hands to apply and the warmth of your fingers will make the foundation more creamy and thick (it really does!) which will allow the foundation to just melt like butter on your skin.

I have normal-combo skin and find the formula works well for me. It gives a slightly dewy look. Because of that reason I'd say it's best for dry to combo skin. But I'm sure some oily skinned ladies could rock this if they had a good oil control primer or setting powder. Anyway, it does feel rather tacky and almost waxy on the skin if you apply quite a generous amount, which can be an annoyance. I rarely set it with powder unless I'm going clubbing or something...even without setting, it doesn't feel sticky on my face. If it does feel sticky, you've applied too much. It feels lightweight on my face and I cannot feel that I'm wearing makeup.

I love that this gives me a natural look. I hate looking caked in makeup, so this is great because it looks like my skin but 100000% better. I get compliments on my skin whenever I wear this - people saying I'm "so lucky to have nice skin"...don't make me laugh, my skin is disgusting haha. I use it day and night, doesn't matter. The lasting power is pretty good too - I can apply at 7AM and it will be there at 6PM still (I may have to use blot paper on my nose once but that's hardly a chore). I never usually wear makeup when working out, but one of my girlfriends ended up dragging me for an hour jog in the park against my will. I was suprised that this foundation stayed intact, despite me sweating like a horse. It hadn't ran off my face or faded. I've also worn this out clubbing plenty of times and it doesn't sweat off.

This claims to be water resistant but I don't think so. If I'm caught in rain for 1 minute, it will streak like crazy. Weird, seeing as it's extremely sweat-proof yet not has little water resistance.

The smell of the foundation is a little...weird...but not terrible. I have the worlds most sensitive skin but have not noticed any breakouts or irritation caused from this foundation (which is saying something as every single MAC foundation I've tried in the past has broken me out). And the price - what a bargain! £23 for 120ml is amazing. It works out a million times cheaper than most HE foundations and suprisingly cheaper than a lot of DS foundations if you consider that amount you get for the price.

I am an NC15-20 with a slight yellow undertone and use C1. It is a perfect match for me...a pale colour with slight yellow tones to it. I'll probably have to get C2 in summer though.

So YES I do really love this foundation. It's perfect for my needs. A definate repurchase for me. I have tried the MUFE face and body foundation aswell, but this MAC one blows it out of the water!

UPDATE: I much prefer the MUFE version to the MAC one now. I've noticed that my skin can no longer tolerate it that well and I get red bumps over my cheeks after wearing this for a few hours. The MUFE one does not break me out, lasts all day, looks more natural than the MAC one...I will not be repurchasing this MAC one again!

on 4/30/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin but even so, I like to use luminous/dewy foundations, I don't like matte foundations on me. Anyway, I really like this foundation, it gives a dewy, juicy look on my face that I love. My skin looks like glowing, in a good way. I carry blotting papers with me and use them during the day, and after blotting, the foundation is still on my face, still perfect and dewy.

I like to use it during very hot days (I live in Texas) because it doesn't feel heavy. I use it over a primer though, and I don't use sunblock or moisturizer with SPF when using this foundation. Sometimes I set it with powder, sometimes I don't. I don't have scars or discolorations to cover, so I use 1 layer. I guess you can apply a second layer but to be honest, I don't think it will give you much coverage. This foundation is very light and very liquid. In hot days when I want more coverage, but still that dewy look, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but that's another review :)

(PS. MAC Face and Body gives me a more dewy look that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua)

ETA: I have hear it photographs very good, but to be honest, I haven't had my picture taken when wearing it. I'll report back when that happens.

Because I have so many foundations (it's my thing) I try to rotate them, so I haven't really used it more than 3-4 days in a row, so I can't tell you if this will make me break out or not, but so far, it hasn't

I use the shade C2, and for reference I'm...
- NC20-25 in MAC
- 120 Classic ivory in Maybelline Fit Me matte & poreless
- 146 Nude Beige in L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute
- Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay for oily skin

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

For reference, I'm an NC42 with golden undertones and use the shade C6 in face&body.

I really like this foundation! I actually prefer it to MUFE Face&Body foundation (which used to be my HG) because this looks more natural. I have tried the shades C4, C5, C6 and C7 of the MAC face&body and they all actually fit my skintone (although C4 is a little bit too light). I think that shows how sheer this foundation is, the colours can adjust really well to various skintones. The shades I have are not of any specific undertone...yet despite my golden undertone, it still works totally fine. It's very neutral toned - never too pink, yellow, beige, red, olive ...

The foundation formula is VERY liquidy, much more so than MUFE's face&body. It's like water. I always rub it between my fingers before applying to my face to warm it up a bit and make it a little more creamier. I don't have any acne, scarring, bad blemishes etc, so light-medium coverage is all I ever go for. That is definately what this foundation is; light to medium. 1 layer is very sheer, just like a tinted moisturiser, whereas 2 layers gives a more light-medium coverage. It covers any reddness or discolouration I have amazingly. It is definately a 'my skin but better' sort of foundation - the freckles on my nose still show through and no one can tell I'm wearing makeup (which, IMO, is a brilliant thing!)

I have normal/combo oily skin, and this foundation works well with my skintype. I always use it ontop of my MAC prep+prime SPF 50 primer, and it stays grease-free all day long, even without setting powder. The finish it gives me when first applied is not dewy, not matte, not satin...it just looks glowy. As the day goes on, I get some *slight* dewiness, but it still doesn't look oily or greasy after a 7 hour work shift down at the hospital, which I love. It's very moisturising so my skin feels hydrated throughout the day.

I have sensitive skin and this does not irritate it at all. I get no breakouts from it either. Just make sure you wash it off properly and you'll be fine - that's the same for any makeup you wear. This foundation is fragranced, but I'm actually really fond of the smell! It doesn't smell perfumey or anything...just nice.

The best thing is the amount you get for the price - a huge 120ml bottle for just over £20! Amazing, considering I pay £30+ for the MUFE face&body which is only 50 mls, £27 for NARS sheer glow which is only 30mls...yup, very good deal. The bottle lasts me forever...I've had mine for 3 years now and the formula hasn't gone bad or anything.

This foundation does claim to be water resistant but I do not agree at all. Obviously, I do not go scuba diving and expect this stuff to stay on - but if I get even 1 droplet of water on my face, I get streaks. My MUFE one does not do this, even when I'm caught in heavy rain. So that is a downside to this foundation. Also, it transfers SUPER easily although it claims not to. That's why I knocked off 1 lippie.

Overall this is a really nice fondation - doesn't break me out, lasts all day, doesn't get greasy on my skin, looks natural, is cheap for the amount you get. But I don't like that its claims of being water resistant and transfer proof are not true. Still, I'd repurchase :)

on 4/18/2010 5:42:00 AM

*EDIT: Ive added a photo at the end of this review. I wore this foundation to graduation with a light dusting of MAC Blot and it held up really well*

MAC Face and Body is a foundation i've both loved and hated. When I first started using it, I was disappointed by a number of things such as the consistency (so thin), the coverage (or lack of. i have lots of acne scarring so i need a bit of coverage to even out my skintone), the way it seemed to just sit on my skin (like it never really 'set') and how it oxidised during the day. The truth is, I dont think I really knew how to get this foundation to work for me.

I cant use it in the Summer otherwise it is an oily mess. In Autumn/Winter, it is amazing. On hot days, it will slide all over my face and turn me bright orange. I need to blot this straight after application otherwise it looks greasy, but a light application of MAC Blot gives me a soft, airbrushed look. I need to blot my t-zone during the day but this is something I need to do with all foundations.

Applying with a flat foundation brush or a skunk brush gave my skin an unnatural appearance (streaky and the product seemed to sit on top of my skin). A sponge simply soaked up everything and gave me little to no coverage. A combination of spreading the foundation over my skin with my fingers (everywhere I needed coverage, not just dotting it on) THEN stippling over the top with a latex sponge gives me the best finish and coverage (light to medium, soft and glowy but no odd layer that didnt absorb into my skin).

The colour C3 suits my NC25-30 skin pretty well although in Summer it would oxidise into a strong orange tone. If I'm extremely pale in Winter it can be a touch dark, so I may pick up C2 soon and blend the two shades as required.

The amount of product you get is amazing and the packaging is great, although product will end up all through the lid after shaking (and you DO need to shake this foundation, the formulation almost looks like pigment suspended in water).

Overall I am very happy with this product now that I know how to use it with my skin. It would be lovely to be able to use this all year round but I get the amazing results that I was initially after if I keep to using it in the cooler months and apply it using my fingers and a sponge. The coverage is not heavy but stippling with a sponge AFTER i've spread it over my face gives me a soft focus effect.

Oily skins will probably find this too greasy and problematic skins may find it too sheer (and possibly pore-clogging although I've had no breakouts from it) but if you've got combo skin like me, this is a great foundation for days where you want to look polished and fresh but not overly made-up.

continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I just bought this product and I really think I love it. I am used to a full coverage foundation but watched a mac pro demo and I was sold. The secret is if you rub it in your hands before applying it, you will activate it and it will become more dense with coverage. I also activate it on my face with just dabbing it on my face first then applying circle motions till you feel it stiffen up. The mac sales girl told me I would be kinda freaked out at first using it but i would start loving it really soon. She was right! I needed that glow to the skin that real skin has.