MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation

on 2/27/2017 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

Good foundation if you have dry skin, but do not even think about using it in oily or mixed skin. Does not cover acne blemishes or imperfections. Is a foundation to use only on days when you do not want to use a lot of makeup

on 2/23/2017 8:29:00 PM

I didn't like this foundation. It didn't provide enough coverage and felt greasy on my combination/oily skin. But if you have dry skin and just want a very light coverage, this might work. I know that a lot of people loves this foundation, but I wasn't one of Them.

on 2/18/2017 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this foundation. It's lightweight, the finish is satin-dewy, it surprisingly covers my slight hyper pigmintation, lasts for hours, gives zero flashback. But it breaks me out, and it took me a while to realize. The product contains mica, talc, Cetyl alcohol (and some more) and they clog the pores, make the skin produce sebum, and cause acne. I wish I realized this sooner. I will have to throw this away, and Mac is the only brand who carries the right shade for me (C5, for reference cover fx g+60). Also this foundation separates so badly all over my face in 2 hours, this never happens to me. If you struggle with acne you can find a better foundation for your skin like cover fx and Becca

on 2/18/2017 7:49:00 PM

I have normal skin with oily t-zone. As I'm pushing 50, I though to try a light, skin-like foundation. I love Estee Lauder Double Wear Light mixed with a tiny bit of regular double wear. That combo gives me a medium, very long wearing coverage, which I can trust throughout a long day without any blotting or touchups, or any transfer. However, I tried MAC Face and Body. I put it on on a Saturday morning and to have a real test of it, I wore a white turtle neck sweater. Under the foundation, I applied my usual, water-based moisturizer. In less than an hour, I had to take my white sweater off, as the neck turned yellow from the foundation! I kept going on with my day, now in a crew neck top. By mid afternoon my entire face was very oily, shiny (not a good, skin glow!) and just felt overall tacky. Although I really liked the coverage which can be built to a ligt-medium, and the look right after application is pretty, this foundation I think is amazing for dry skin only. I don't understand how this product can be used for body after that horrible transfer on my white sweater. Love the packaging, the price is very good but this foundation is for dry skinned ladies only in my opinion.

on 2/18/2017 4:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have sensitive combo skin, dry in areas and oily in my t-zone. This foundation did not help me in any way as it made me look greasy all over (even when I set it with powder) and broke me out after a few weeks. I think it's sheer coverage, but you can build it up to medium without creasing, and I like that it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. That's why I gave it 3/5 lipsticks. :))

on 2/18/2017 1:25:00 AM

Very light coverage. Unfortunately nothing for me. I thought I could wear it this winter, bc my skin gets slightly drier when temperature is dropping, but no... Even with primer and setting powder- It just melts away, leaving my skin super shiny and blemished. As well, the application is quite messy, even though I'm using a foundation brush. For dry/normal skin? YES YES YES. (I understand everybody that loves the product, bc I imagine it to work fantastic on that skin type) Oily skin? Think about it twice.

on 2/2/2017 9:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I cannot understand how I could live without this stuff until now.

My skin: Dry, sensitive, acne-free, loads of redness, dry patches, uneven texture.

Bought this in C1. I couldn't smell any scent.The texture is so interesting, runny but once you start rubbing it into your skin using fingers it suddenly turns thicker. It feels like the water in it evaporates. Gives a sheer to light coverage, melts into my skin like a dream. I set it with a translucent loose powder to take down the shine. It's the most undetectable foundation I've ever come across. Wears perfectly, during the day I had taken a short nap while wearing it and when I woke up, it looked even better! Hasn't creased in the slightest. Washed off easily.

I would actually prefer this to MUFE''s Face&Body because MAC has a better colour selection and the foundation looked more natural.

I don't usually give 5 lippies as my skin is picky when it comes to makeup, but I was blown away by this foundation. Holy grail material.

I never understood the hype about this foundation especially the fact that its on several "MAC MUST HAVE PRODUCTS" lists. Nonetheless I decided to buy the big bottle (120ml) since its cheaper than 50ml. After applying one layer, I already regretted the purchase because it looked like a cream (my skin didnt changed at all). I added another 2 layers and the result was AWESOME. I have dry skin and a bit of redness and my skin looked so fresh, dewy, perfect and natural! Its a little bit sticky if you touch your face, but nothing which cant be fixed with some powder. Overall Im very happy I finally purchased this, because this is definitely HG Material. Its perfect for days where u want to look like youre not wearing makeup at all, but still have a flawless skin. Love it!
PS: The plastic bottle has no pump, u just squeeze it out, but I dont mind at all.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium

I've used up several samples of the Face and Body foundation and decided to get the (smaller) full size bottle because I love how it looks on my skin. Even at 50, I still have normal/combo skin that tends to be on the oilier side, especially in the summer. But for the winter months, MAC's Face and Body foundation works for me with a good touch up at mid day.
Face and Body is so lightweight and gives a natural, lightweight finish. (I really dislike heavy foundation or the look of a heavy base as it emphasizes my pores)
I can layer it for more coverage but one application is enough for most days. (I'll use a medium coverage foundation for special occasions)

If you prefer a matte or semi-matte finish or if you have oily skin, this foundation isn't for you. It gives a nice, radiant finish which I find much more flattering in my mature years. I wouldn't wear this in the summer as my skin is oilier so I'd be touching up all the time.

Staying power is decent and lasts for about 10 hours and by the time I get home, it's starting to wear off slightly.
It doesn't claim to be long wearing or waterproof so I don't expect it to be.

I'm NC30/C3 but C2 is the best match for me in this foundation. It's a wee bit light but not at all noticeable whereas the C3 shade is a bit dark and probably best for the summer months when I have more colour.

Of course it's part of the Back 2 MAC recycling program.

I suggest trying out a sample first to see if your skin agrees with it because MAC foundations are notorious for breakouts. I've never had an issue with breaking out from MAC foundations but ymmv as always.

A definite re-purchase.