MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation

on 4/25/2017 6:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Other, Coarse

Great foundation for people with dry skin.

The coverage is sheer but buildable to light, and there is a looot of shades. I have MAC F&B in C1, and I find the formula amazing to apply. You can see the change immediately, from tired skin to lively skin. Feels light and does not crease at all. For reference, I have dry skin.

When I look for a face product, foundation or BB cream, I'm usually interested in its ability to even out color and cancel redness. If it gives me a touch of color, all the better. I have rather clear skin that is pale with neutral-yellow undertones, so I tend to look sallow even if I am perfectly healthy. That's why adding color to my face is the number one priority, not blemish coverage. Spot concealing is good enough to handle any unexpected blemishes. And I find that blushes and bronzers can only take you so far, and they don't last very long.

So I do recommend this foundation for people who are looking for a hydrating product to liven up their face and even out skin tone. With a hint of coverage, it's not absolutely missing, it's just very low. Besides, this foundation works amazing with concealers.

Along with Bourjois Healthy Mix foundation, MAC face and Body is Holy Grail level.

on 4/25/2017 10:36:00 AM

I do love this foundation but it breaks me out - not in terrible cysts, but little whiteheads and weird texture. Most other MAC foundations contain panthenol, which definitely gives me cystic acne, so I thought I was safe with this one :(

On the plus side, it gives a really beautiful finish - it's very sheer (extremely, very sheer, super sheer) but it evens everything out, looks natural, and imparts this really nice luster. Not really dewy per se (I associate dewy with more of a 'wet' sheen), just a healthy burnished glowy look to your skin.

I have oily skin and this doesn't create an unmanageable oil slick on my face, but it also doesn't control oil at all. It's not ideal but definitely workable in that regard for me. If things get a bit tooooo greasy, it can look patchy but it has really great staying power for this type of product, which is why I prefer it over tinted moisturizers with a similar level of coverage.

The packaging is an easy-to-use squeeze tube. I still use it occasionally, since I only seem to get the breakouts when I wear it every day. I still heartily recommend this foundation; it's been around forever and they're clearly doing something right with it to keep it around for so long in this day and age.

on 4/21/2017 9:40:00 AM

My favorite sheer foundation. It feels & looks really beautiful on my skin. Lightweight and stays on. Well worth the money, this foundation is great for summer

After much seeing so much hype regarding this foundation, I've finally decided (after 3 years of speculation) to purchase this!

Initially I went into my local Mac to purchase the large version of this as it is more bang for your buck, but realised only pro stores stock the large ones.

After I was color matched, (C5) I decided to purchase this. I've been wearing this foundation ever since. I'm more of a medium to full coverage kind of person, but I couldn't help but falling in love with this. I've transitioned into a more sheer coverage person after trying this. My HG foundation has and always will be the pro long wear foundation, but I've saved that one for events, along with my studio fix.

This foundation is so beautiful on the skin, it feels like silk. It lets your natural skin show a little. This will not cover blemishes. If you're looking for a sheer cover that gives you a beautiful natural glow, get this.

I personally find this best applied with your hands. Pour some into your hands and rub it around to warm the product up and then apply with your hands. I've used a brush/beauty blender and it did not give me the same look I got when using my hands. (Thank you wayne goss)

I will be repurchasing this forever. :)

on 4/11/2017 11:43:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

My favorite light-coverage foundation. It's fairly inexpensive for a prestige foundation, the squeeze bottle is easy to use and hygienic, and there are a wide range of shades. It leaves you with the most beautiful healthy glow and plays well with concealer and setting powder.

This is LIGHT coverage. If you have large patches of discoloration that you rely on foundation to cover, this is maybe not your guy. It is buildable to a point, but that takes a significant amount of product. Many layers of this will definitely leave your face tacky. It's more coverage than your average tinted moisturizer/skin tint, less than a BB/CC cream or average foundation. I don't have perfect skin, so I definitely spot conceal on top of this. I break out if I look at something the wrong way, but this doesn't cause me problems. It has a unique texture that grips your brush once it is fully blended out - not something I've ever experienced with another foundation.

I always get the feeling that I'm not doing anything when I apply this (I use a flat-topped brush and buff it out, stippling in areas where I need more coverage), but then I'll catch a look at myself in a mirror afterward and go "Hey, I look good!" It's actually a good exercise for me, as I used to have horrible acne and sometimes I psych myself into thinking I need heavier coverage than I actually do. When I want to amp up coverage a bit, I pair this with the Studio Fix Powder + Foundation on top.

There is a reason why this is a staple in every makeup artist's kit, and that's because it earns it. If you're looking for a light, glowy foundation, 100% worth a try. Definitely a MAC standout.

This was okay. So i was looking for a light weight sheer foundation and when i went into MAC the sales associate put this all over my face and i just loved it. i loved how healthy my skin looked exc...
so i purchase it. what i have noticed about this foundation is that you need to use alot of product at a time. even to get sheer coverage. i felt like when i was using my foundation brush it was just wiping it off.so maybe hands or beauty blender might be better. over all i think there is better foundations out there especially for the cost of 38.00 (the big bottle) smaller one is 28.00
I might like this better in summer where i dont need as much to get that healthy glowy look. so we will see.
Im NW20 in normal Mac foundations and they matched me to N2.

on 3/30/2017 10:12:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

It's definitely an HG. My skin is dry and sensitive and this foundation has never given me problems. It becomes extremely natural as if it were a "me, only better." My skin nc/nw 15 fits the C1, does not oxidise, but could be lighter. Nothing that a powder does not solve. Perfect for dry skin and natural looks (I do not like capping my freckles, this foundation is perfect for this.

on 3/30/2017 9:35:00 PM

Looks really natural, it's cheap and it doesn't break me out.

on 3/14/2017 2:18:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

This foundation has long been on my list to try. I heard about a dewy natural finish and that seemed great.

I am a few months shy of 60, and I have enlarged pores and some sagging. I do not have many wrinkles.

The texture is very thin and it applies very sheerly. For a few moments, the finish is tacky and sticky. This subides. The coverage is virtually non-existent, and if you have things to hide, this won't do it. The finish is not really dewy in the traditional sense, but it is extremely natural. So natural, in fact, that it looks like nothing. You may get a more even looking tone, but in my case, that effect was slight. I have had similar effects from drugstore tinted moisturizers. It is more of a sheer wash of neutral tint than a foundation. I had to layer on MSFN to get more coverage.

Maybe this is just what you are looking for. It does not do much for me, and I doubt that I will repurchase this product. I tried it because it is less money than Clarins Skin Illusion which is my HG. I should know better at my age, but I guess that hope springs eternal.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I've had a bit of a love/hate relationship with this foundation over the years. I was never truly satisfied with the overall coverage and couldn't get past the strange watery consistency. But I have noticed that as I get older, and my skin less oily, I'm no longer looking to achieve that doll-like, airbrushed look, but instead want a youthful, my-skin-but-better, luminous, healthy glow. This foundation does just that for me. And I find applying other cream products, like blush & bronzer on top just melt in like a dream. I've tried applying this every way imaginable, but I definitely have best results when I just massage it in with warm hands. It has taken a few years, but Mac Face & Body has worked its way up to HG status. 👍