MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation

on 10/14/2017 1:32:00 PM

I'm 47 yo, combo skin, with no acne or acne marks, and no major wrinkles yet.. This foundation, as well as MAC Waterweight, and Becca's Aqua Luminous Foundation, are the only 3 foundations I have ever liked enough to repurchase over and over.. I like all 3 for different reasons, and I like Face and Body for the satin finish, healthy luminous look it gives, and that it's build able if needed... None of the MAC or Macy's near me sell the larger size anymore, not sure why, but the smaller bottle is $29, and lasts quite awhile for me. I hate foundation, and I don't hate this, or the other two I mentioned. I prefer to apply this with MAC's #187 duo fibre brush(Sonia Kashuk brand from Target sells an amazing duo fibre brush for under $14) as I feel I get the lightest, most luminous, outcome, with plenty of coverage, which is important for my age and skin type. Definitely recommend.

on 10/13/2017 5:22:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

this is my hg foundation. i use it daily because its light to medium coverage and very hydrating. it is a bit pricey in my country but u dont need much and it lasts pretty long time. the only problem is the shade range cuz im very fair i have to mix n1 with white to get my perfect shade and thats pain in the .. for everyday usage. i hope they produce more shades

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Normally I don’t shop at MAC and in fact I have purchased very few MAC products throughout my life mainly because I really dislike the sales people who for the most part I find to be pushy and rude. However all that aside, I started researching Face & Body which seemed to have a lot of qualities I desire in a foundation. So, I ventured into the store, and had a very pleasant SA offer to make me a number of samples in different shades - one to match my current skin tone, and two alternate shades to test out when my tan fades.

F&B is a very liquid (thin as water) consistency. Best method of application is to use your fingers, really working the foundation into the skin until the consistency changes from watery to tacky, kind of like it’s pulling on your skin. Add layers to get your preferred coverage. I’m happy with anything sheer to medium and love the dewy glow this gives my skin. It evens out the tone just enough to let my natural self show through. The most important aspects to me in a foundation are finish, being transfer-proof and shade. This scores high on all three of these. There are a number of shades to choose from and the one I am currently using (C4) is perfect for my summer shade. N3 is a good match for the colder months for me.

The formula contains silicones which is not an issue for my skin but something to be aware of if you can’t tolerate cones. I can wear this all day and it is extremely comfortable on my dry skin, never fading or requiring a touch up. It is easily removed with a cleansing balm.

I’d like to give this a 4.5 lippies out of 5 but since it’s whole numbers only I’m rounding up because I can’t find anything wrong with this foundation. It meets all of my needs and desires in a base product. The packaging could be a little nicer but for the texture, I think this soft squeezy dropper style bottle is probably best. This is where I would deduct 1/2 a lippie if I could. By far, this has been my best experience with MAC as a brand and a product. Fingers crossed they won’t disappoint in future as they have in past.

on 9/27/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have this in N1 which is a little darker than my skin (about an N15) but looks very natural on me anyway.

Bought this a while ago but the finish was too dewy for me, I found it enhanced texture so I never used it and kept looking.

Gave it another try this summer. I wanted something lightweight that doesn't look like makeup in the sun.

Now it's become one of my top 2 favorites... I still dislike a dewy finish but using mac blot powder (shade medium) or IT cosmetics translucent powder really turns the finish into a soft satin. I do need to touch up with the powder during the day or blot.

I love that nobody can detect this on the skin and the how long wearing it is. The coverage is light but buildable to an extent.

It sinks slightly into wrinkles at the corners if my mouth but I just dab that away. Does not sink into pores at all.

It works great with the concealer (Lancome Effacernes) I use to cover pigmentation on my upper lip. This combo lasted thru long humid days this summer without breaking up at all.

All in all it's really beautifying and suitable for aging skin.

on 9/21/2017 10:30:00 AM

This foundation is the BOMB. I have dry, sensitive but clear skin that's gotten a lot better recently since I started actually caring about my skincare routine. I tend to get bad cases of eczema, like, everywhere, so my face can definitely get flakey and around the eye area especially.

Anyways, I was looking for something to ease the redness on my cheeks (my mom and grandpa have rosacea, and it's on my dads side too so I'm not ruling it out) and this is PERFECT. It sinks right into my skin and makes it look perfectly smooth and clear but still like me. I gravitate towards the glossier, less is more, camp as opposed to most to what I find is heavier MAC products but this is really perfect for me. If you have dry skin give this one a chance!

Only thing is I need to get better at getting this stuff out of the bottle. It can spurt out a bit too much on occasion.

on 9/15/2017 6:13:00 PM

Before I review it, some info about my skin: I am 21, fair with cool undertones, and my skin is relatively smooth and not very oily (I was just on Accutane, went off it about a month ago). I do have some light marks/scars from acne, and redness on my nose and cheeks. So far, I'm a fan of this foundation! It's very light, and it doesn't look like you're wearing a mask on your face. It lets my freckles show through a bit which I like. It's just dewy enough to bring some life to my recently bone-dry post-Accutane skin (it's gotten a little less dry though since going off of it). That being said, I would not recommend this to anyone with oily skin, or dark marks they are trying to cover up, since it is definitely not full coverage, nor mattifying at all.

Recap-
PROS:
- Since it's water-based, it's hydrating without feeling greasy
- Very natural looking
- Nice consistency
- Doesn't emphasize dry spots

CONS:
- Wouldn't cover dark spots or blemishes
- Not buildable--adding more just causes the product to be pushed around without covering a whole lot
- Would emphasize oily skin

on 8/27/2017 4:00:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

The face I'm working with: 39, dehydrated combo skin, oily and sometimes also flakey t-zone with noticeable pores, still battling some mild hormonal acne, so quite a bit of texture. Most foundations look bad on my skin these days, they are too obvious, they tend to separate and settle in pores. They don't quite stick to my skin even with exfoliation beforehand, a good moisturiser, primer and careful application with a beauty blender.

I prefer a nice texture over complete coverage. Some of my blemishes are going to show through no matter what I do, the texture is always visible, and I have the kind of under-eye darkness that is caused by shadows cast in recesses in the bone structure under my eyes, concealer doesn't really do anything about that either. I often find myself putting on a full face of make-up, covering up spots and shadows, and thinking that my skin looked better, smoother and less textured without it, blemishes, dark cirkles and all.

So I love Face and Body. It applies beautifully and looks remarkably natural. It doesn't seem to add any texture, it doesn't emphasise flakes, dryness and pores. It looks a lot like slightly better skin. In a way I understand the criticism that it doesn't do anything, because it really does meld with the skin. It doesn't really cover spots and dark circles. It does makes my skin look more even without emphasising any of my texture issues, spots less red and irritated, undereye shadows less dramatic. I will happily sacrifice some coverage for a nice finish and less added texture, so I would say that this is a great foundation for people who don't need a lot of coverage, yes, and also for people with texture issues who prioritize a finish that doesn't add or emphasise texture over maximum coverage.

I'm pale with yellow/olive undertones and quite a bit of pink especially around the t-zone. I wear NC20 in Studio Fix powder, and was matched to N1 in Face and Body. It works well, especially in the summer, but it's slightly too dark and orange in the winter. I have ordered a bottle of C1 and plan to mix them, will probably get a bottle of white as well for winter. The finish is quite dewy on me, so I always set it with powder. It's not mattifying in the least, you will have to blot and powder if you don't want to get shiny, but the staying power is pretty great, and it holds up very well texture-wise too.

on 9/10/2017 8:29:00 PM

If you buy the bigger bottle, the product does actually work out to be fairly good value for money. And the bottle is very travel friendly. However, and no matter how I adjust my skincare to compensate - this stuff always gives me closed comodones if I use it for more than a day (a common problem for me with liquid mac products, I think because of the high amount dimethicone?). I own products which I like better anyway, so not worth it for me.
There is little to no oil control, and as someone who has combination/slightly oily skin, I look straight up sweaty after 3 hours max even with powder.
Also, I've heard (and seen) that the product turns this strange, lumpy consistency after a while, making it unusable and you basically just have to throw it away.

The positive things I can say are that it held up surprisingly well in hot weather - I'm guessing because it forms a kind of 'film' on the skin when it sets. Also, the inclusion of a white mixer shade makes it simple to get a shade which matches your skin tone (though you will be dropping basically double the cash, as you'll be buying two bottles of the stuff). It is also very skin-like and natural looking, and not at all hard work blend into the skin. I don't think you could make this look cakey if you tried to be honest.

Basically, you're going to get on with this product if:
- you have pretty good skin to begin with and don't require much coverage
- prefer a dewy finish and don't require much oil control.
- you don't mind a product with is not transfer resistant by any means.
- are not sensitive to mac products/products high in dimethicone
Or you plan to use it as a body foundation (which is what I plan to use it for, being as my facial skin really does not like it.)

on 8/30/2017 5:17:00 AM

Very light coverage. Luminous finish. Very liquid-y. Water-based but still blends well with ot her foundations (oily based). Definitely needs setting with a powder after applying. I usually like medium to full coverage but I use a drop or to of this to blend with my concealer (if it's a concealer that does not blend that well into the skin) and works fine. Good product. Does not oxidize.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAVE FAIR SKIN NOT TOO PALE,AND GOT THIS FOUNDATION IN THE 2 LIGHTEST SHADES,IT WAS WAY TOO DARK AND WAY TOO ORANGE BOTH DID NOT MATCH A NORMAL SKIN COLOR,DOES ANYONE KNOW A FOUNDATION THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES A PERSONS SKIN TONE,WE ARE NOT ORANGE,WE ARE NOT YELLOW,WE ARE NOT PINK,WE ARE BEIGE,LAURA MERCIER HAS GOOD COLORS BUT DOES NOT GO ON SMOOTH.I HAVE TRIED COVERGIRL (ORANGE),RIMMEL,LOREAL,MAC,CLINIQUE,MAKEUP FOREVER,ESTEE LAUDER (TOO YELLOW),KAT VON D,SEPHORA,IVE TRIED ALL FOUNDATION FROM DRUGSTORES,SEPHORA,ULTA,MACYS,ONLINE (RCMA,CINEMA SECRETS),EVERYTHING,ALL WERE ORANGE,YELLOW,WENT ON LIKE PAINT,CHALKY.ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD FOUNDATION BEIGE IN COLOR,FOR DRY SKIN.
MESSAGE ME ON HERE.