MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 12/12/2017 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I have had this product for a while now and I absolutely love it. I know this foundation is extremely popular with makeup artists and I can see why. I have the shade C2 which is quite yellow but it warms my complexion up yet still matches. I am NC20 for reference so think the shade C1 would be an exact match. This foundation provides light and buildable coverage and actually looks better as the day goes on. It stays on and most importantly does not break me out whatsoever. I have normal skin which can be dehydrated and also a bit sensitive. I would say that this foundation is probably better suited to normal/dry skin as it is quite dewy. I apply powder in my t-zone when using this but my skin isn't oily. The finish it gives is like my skin but better. It basically is second skin in a bottle (for me anyway). I honestly cannot recommend this enough for those who are looking for light-medium coverage however I definitely think it is better suited for normal skin types as it can leave a bit of a shine.

on 12/8/2017 3:47:00 PM

After a long search for a foundation for dry skin I ended at this one. This foundation is perfect if you have a normal to dry skin without a lot of imperfections. Then it will create a beautiful coverage. When I first used it on my combo/dry skin I was of course not amazed by the coverage because there is very little of it. Because I find my MAC Studio Fix (in NC15) too sticky and heavy wearing, but do love its cover abilities, I thought I would mix them! And boy, now this was something I had been looking for in a foundation. I use the F&B in C1 and it matches perfectly with SF NC15. You get this beautiful, medium but buildable coverage without the heavy feel. I only use some under-eye concealer with that. When I apply my makeup, I use a LED mirror, and if you’re familiar with them you know you see every pore and line and even in that light this mixture looks amazing. When you’re done makeupping, just lightly pat some powder everywhere you want because it will still be a be dewy. I do have to say that this will not last very long, I’d say with me like 4-5 hours.

My go to everyday foundation. I have it in C3 and love how you can build it up from sheer to medium coverage. Just have to wait for the layers to dry a bit (I like to wear just one layer for everyday two if I’m going out or am on a date with my husband). After washing and moisturizing my face I use my fingers (washed hands only) in a tapping motion to apply this foundation for a natural look. I’m pregnant right now and my usual go to which is Nars sheer glow is making me break out so the Mac F&B is a lifesaver because I’ve already had it in my collection and I love it. It holds up pretty well even in hot California weather although I do take it on the go for the occasional touch up because I have combination skin and don’t have the patience to fuss with primers but I have the small bottle and it’s easy to just throw it in my bag no fuss no spills. I also like the plastic bottle because it’s sturdy and I’m clumsy and tend to drop stuff.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I took a while to come to an opinion regarding this foundation. But, after going through three bottles and many seasons, I have never ever been let down by this. While, this is not my HG, I will ALWAYS have Face&Body on hand regardless of what other foundation I am using.

The PROS:
1. Very forgiving foundation: dry, flakey skin? No matter, this foundation will give even finish. Oily oily hot summer skin? Just powder this baby, and it will not melt off, not be greasy yet wont dehydrate you. Dry mature skin? This foundation will not emphasise fine lines/pores what so ever!
In my experience, even the most expensive foundations can have an occasional bad day. But, this humble baby always always has my back <3
2. Looks like SKIN! Legit. Just slightly more even, slightly better, realistic looking glow and still your own skin. This is important for me. In about 10 years time I won't have my youthful skin anymore, so I hate plastering it with full coverage gunk. Even the high end luxury foundations I have used don't look as skin-like in person as this one does.
I just use concealer where I need help, but using medium/full coverage all over does not look as fresh.
3. Lasts, doesn't make me greasy (and I have a VERY OILY T-ZONE), looks fresh for hours!
4. The plastic bottle is SO EASY to travel with - no more worrying that my glass bottle with break!
5. C6 is a really good match for my summer skin - but again because this is sheer coverage, even slightly off undertone/match is VERY FORGIVING. No more buying 2 foundations, mixing to get my shade - less waste of money.
6. ABSOLUTE VALUE FOR THE PRICE!

Cons:
None really. This is not HG because I am sheep and in search for something that makes me look like those instagram girls lol. Or, the real reason, I haven't given up searching for something that would give me higher coverage (for those special occasions) but still gives me the same finish this foundation (aka looks like skin).

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

Love it! I use it everyday. Finishing is beautiful (might be too dewy for some people). My skin is red and oily. Though the coverage is light, yellow undertone does help to cover the redness. Since it's water base, my face is less oily than the day I'm using other fdt. I like to apply it with my hands, it's very bendable, however, it sticks to skin quickly, so you should apply it with quick hands. I would repurchase it!

on 12/8/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is great . It offers medium coverage, it's very light on the face and gives you a silk finish and glow. For me it works better during summer,but I use it on winter sometimes along with other foundations when I want fuller coverage.

on 11/16/2017 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

Nice foundation, especially for someone (like me) that wants a no-fuss foundation that looks nice on your skin but feels weightless. I've always hated the feel of foundation on my face. This is light, water-based, and gives a satin finish. It's also long lasting (on me at least). It is on the sheer side, and is buildable to medium coverage (definitely not full though). For reference, i have dry, mature (40s), sensitive skin, with a few obvious sun spots, some fine lines (but not a lot), and slight redness in areas. I use the N2 color which is my closest match, and even though the "n" is supposed to be neutral, it leans slightly warm. The only con I would say is that this foundation does slightly exaggerate the texture issues I have around my mouth/nasolabial folds, but not in a horrible way. Be advised though that this does contain butylene glycol (MAC Pro longwear concealer does as well), if you have issues with that ingredient.

The best way to describe this: very thin and watery, gives a nice dewy/glowy finish with light/medium coverage. I don’t think this is well suited for my skin type (oily/combo) and despite setting it, it doesn’t last as long as I’d like my foundations to (7-9hrs) and can get a bit too glowy/oily by the end of the day. It’s not a bad foundation though and does look absolutely gorgeous when you apply it and I see why many people would love this product as it really meshes well with the skin and makes it look lovely but the moisture/dewiness over the day’s wear and low coverage (I have alot of acne) isn’t for me. Personally wouldn’t repurchase as of now unless I had dry skin and needed less coverage! Till then I’ll stick with long wearing demi-matte foundations

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I really want to like this foundation , I find it looks amazing on my clients but for my personal use I don’t like it. I love the glow it gives, but I find it doesn’t last on my skin, I do set with Laura mercier translucent powder. I’ll stick to my ultra hd by makeup forever

This is a great foundation if you dislike cakey skin and if you don't really have much to conceal. Ok, the facts: 29yo, dry/combination skin, no acne, no serious/visible skin issues, nc20 in MAC waterwight/ studio fix, C2 in face and body foundation. What I want from my foundation is to create a suitable base for blush/contouring and to even out my skin tone. F&B is quite lightweight and keeps my face moisturized. If you need full coverage or a thick foundation, better opt for a different one. It is one of my favourites (just repurchased the 120ml bottle) and the perfect value for money if you buy the large bottle - especially if you find it on sale. In my country, MAC launched a -30% discount last weekend, and that's why I decided to get an extra bottle.