MAC Face and Body Foundation

MAC Face and Body Foundation

on 7/21/2016 5:01:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

This foundation is my holy grail and definetely a must to have in every makeup artists kit.

If you're full glam kind of person, this foundation is not for you. This is a very light coverage, but buildable foundation that is ideal for someone looking for something natural to wear on a daily basis. It is just enough to even out and enhance complexion. It's amazing on dry and mature skin, it will add fresh dewy effect to counteract tiredness and dullness that dry skin tends to have. That being said, if you're more on the oily side, you're not going to like it at all as it does not mattify whatsoever. You can build it up to medium coverage, but it will not cover any crazy blemishes or under eye circles too dark so I recommend a separate concealer to tackle that.

It doesn't contain any SPF, it photographs beautifully.

I love to wear it most days where I'm looking for a fresh natural effect, nothing heavy. Perfect foundation for summer too as its water resistant (not waterproof though so don't get upset after diving with it ;)

As I said, this foundation is amazing but may not suit everyone. Always ask the girls at the counter about the product specifics before purchasing it then slaying it.

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brown, Straight, Other

Nothing special in my opinion medium coverage if you have LM tinted moisturizer you don't need this similar build of coverage I use this when I want to wear like no makeup kinda look. Generous in Amount huge bottle. color range is ok.not golden deep enough in my Opinion.

To Read all 1308 Reviews, Login or Join

Horrible. This consistency is very lightweight and greasy. There is hardly any coverage at all and slips right off your skin. This is more like a tinted moisturizer than a foundation in my opinion. If you are a young girl 14 or 15 just starting to try out makeup then this might be ok for you. If you are looking for a flawless skin look with a good amount of coverage then this makeup is definitely not for you!!!

on 7/7/2016 2:11:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

Recently a medical issue made my skin go nuts. Normally I have combo skin with a few dry patches and now I've had some redness and breakouts. Heavy foundation and concealer just looked unnatural and clung to any dry or textured areas. I wanted something light and natural looking that would even out my skin tone and hold up in the heat. I also prefer not to use anything with chemical sunscreen. After a few failed attempts with other brands I decided to give this a try and I love it. It's light weight, covers up any redness and lasts all day. I bought the mineralize powder to set it and the combined coverage is perfect. light but covers any spots or redness. I dont find this to be overly dewey and this helps keep my skin balanced. It does need to be set with powder and can be layered for more coverage and still look like skin. My only complaint is that my perfect match in store was N4. They didn't have it in stock and after looking online it appears to be discontinued since it wasn't even listed on the Web site...of course. The SA then matched me to N3 and a slightly darker powder in a medium golden to compensate. It works but it's kind of crappy that a MAC store is sampling and color matching people to shades that apparently no longer exist. Get it together and update your inventory and staff Mac. Really disappointing!

This is my favorite day to day foundation! The finish is very natural and dewy.. almost like a tinted moisturizer... sheer, light coverage but can also build it up if necessary. It evens out skin tone without looking like you're wearing makeup... looks like "my skin but better". It lasts all day and wears well, even through the summer heat and humidity!

Skin: Other, Olive, Not Sure

It's good but not for me. If you have oily skin and acne skin, this is not a good option. It has only little coverage but you can build it up to medium I believe.It comes in a good size with a great price. The scent is one of the downside as I don't like scented cosmetic. Nothing special and at the price range I rather pick up a drugstore foundation.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I love the formula for this which works well for my dry/sensitive skin. This is really as matte as I can go, surprised to see it's dewy on other reviewers, who are probably younger and/or less dry. I love that it's sheer and easy to blend, it feels weightless and looks so natural, but I don't have an exact colour match which annoys me. I'm NW15 but the N1 is too pink and the C1 is too yellow. I have both and mix, which is not an exact science, so sometimes I'm happy, sometimes I'm not, and therefore there are long stretches when I can't be bothered to use this, which is a shame. It wears wonderfully in hot and humid weather, like a second skin. More shades would be welcome!

This was the first MAC foundation I purchased, I like this foundation because it's very dewey, but I find that wearing it everyday was harsh for my skin. I noticed after a while, my skin looked a little fatigued after washing off my foundation/makeup.

Maybe my skin is too sensitive, but I wouldn't be able to wear this an every day thing as I used to. If I were to repurchase, I'd only wear it a few times a week (3 at most).

However, the formulation itself is very wearable throughout the day. Light to medium coverage (can build up if needed), and goes on very dewey. It looks great in pictures, but it does appear a little shiney in photographs. I wore this on vacation to NYC and my skin looked healthy and dewey. Nice for traveling because of the small size too.

Overall, would I repurchase? Probably not, since I wouldn't use it every day. Perhaps for day time events where there are going to be a lot of pictures. It was a little too harsh for my skin and I found that I preferred NARS sheer glo for that same dewey, healthy looking skin effect.

on 6/14/2016 12:50:00 AM

This is my HG foundation, looks and feels like skin, it's undetectable, this is super blendable.
C2 is my perfect shade, disappears into my skin. This foundation is perfect if you like a natural finish, a light to medium coverage. I love the fact that this one never causes me break outs. The packaging is very convenient for travelling.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse

Coverage was quite good, I was able to build this up to medium.
Finish was natural and very dewy
It had no oil control.
Slap it on your face and keep rubbing until it sinks in, like lotion
Bottom line-- good foundation, just not for me (oily skin)