MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use this for my face (I tried once and it broke me out) but I do use on my upper arms where I have a few light blemishes. This helps to cover them up. Finding the right shade was tricky as I'm NC42 in concealer, but my arms are a few shades lighter than my face. Luckily the SA at the Mac counter helped me find the closest match and encouraged me to view it in natural light aswell as the stores lighting to get a good idea of how it will look under different conditions. I use this only when wearing certain types of dresses as it can and will rub off to a degree on t-shirt sleeves etc, even when I use a setting powder. I would re-purchase this for sure once my current bottle runs out.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

My everyday foundation! I love this stuff!! ❤️❤️❤️

If you have pale skin, you are out of luck when it comes to MAC. Their lightest shades, in every foundation, including this one - is WAY TOO DARK. Orange. Pink. Peach. Just too much color. Even the photos here, their faces don't match their bodies. For truly pale, white skins - SKIP MAC.

It is also shiny, sparkly and oily looking - which just ages women. Young children and teens before they hit puberty, have matte, clean faces. So shiny, oily looking foundations actually make women look older (unless they're like 50 & older & just super dry).

on 6/28/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OKAY NOW
This product has officially replaced my old favorite Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Mac Face and Body is exactly the opposite of it. First of all now that I am 19 I realized my skin is a little dryer than when I used to wear heavy and matte foundations at age 16-17. Now they cake on me and in natural light it is EXTREMELY obvious that I am wearing foundation. But not with Mac Face and Body, this foundation evens out my skin tone and makes me look semi-dewy, it doesn't look like I am wearing foundation under any light even if you get very close look to my skin and I love that. Sure this doesn't give me enough coverage to cover my pimples or acne and stuff but now I realized that this gives a perfect base to even out the color on my skin so I can put a little bit concealer on where I need later. This stuff is also water proof and doesn't budge throughout the whole day, it is by far one of the most long wearing foundations I own.
I also really like Mac shade range because it is the only color match that perfectly matches me, I use the color NC30 for my light to a little medium yellow toned skin and I have never found a better color match in all the foundations I own, I usually have to mix two foundations to match me but not with Mac Face and Body.
Since I found this I also want to try the Mac water weight concealer too because I am all into sheer glowy coverage stuff now, I feel like they are the most natural.
Overall this looks extremely like your skin, I cant say it is very dewy but it is not matte obviously, the price is up there for the larger one but it is like over 30 ml, I have been using it for 2 years now not the most sanitary but I haven't still finished it, but still I don't wear makeup everyday. I highly recommend it and I now regret everyday that I didn't used this and used a full coverage matte foundation instead because everybody in my school was like ew you are wearing too much foundation, damn I wish they see my skin now. Anyways 10/10 finish and packaging and maybe 9/10 price.

UPDATE:
This has given me tiny bumps on my face why does god want to play me like that? This has been the best foundation ever for me anyways since this makes my skin look beyond perfect I will continue to wear it because I dont even care anymore bye.

on 6/22/2018 8:32:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Red, Other, Fine

I have normal skin and wear N1 in this foundation. I prefer light coverage that allows my freckles to show, and will not tolerate heaviness from any product. This is my foundation when I require one. This can be layered without detection. Shake well. I apply it over Dr. Carver's Miracle Serum, then moisturizer (various brands from drugstore, ranging from 30spf to 50spf, depending on how I feel), using my hands in downward strokes for each product so that facial hair lays flat, applying foundation only where needed -- above brows, nose and around nostrils, nose-to-mouth lines, old acne scarring on neck (two coats). It is undetectable in northern, natural light. I forget I have it on. No powder is required. It does not settle in lines. It's still on at the end of the day. My skin has never had a reaction to it. I always require the addition of Cerave eye cream under eyes and Maybelline NY Better Skin Superstay Concealer in Light.

on 6/22/2018 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. It's light in texture--making it warm-weather appropriate-- but somehow the C2 is too light in summer and the C3 is too dark (I'm NC25). I recently wore this to an evening event and looked, in the pictures, as if I had suffered some sort of dreadful arsenic-poisoning incident. It was pasty, sweaty nastiness. I'll either keep this for fall and winter (does the trick just fine then) or else add some bronzing drops.

Such a pretty foundation! Light coverage and buildable. Such a pretty finish

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

on 5/30/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

On some days when I dont want to be fully made up I use this one. The coverage is very buildable one thing I notice is if you want to layer it up you need to wait for the first layer to dry out first before you put on another one with that the coverage will be medium to full. I love using this with my coty airspun translucent extra coverage! My face gets oily around 4hrs and fades out around 7 hrs of wear. No break out or whatsoever another plus for me! by the way i got this in c5 and my shade reference is nc42.

on 5/24/2018 11:59:00 AM

My skin I have sensitive oily combo skin and I have big pores on my nose and get a few spots and my skins very sensitive so I have redness

I tried this foundation when I was at my friends house as she recommended it me however, I have more sensitive combo oily and she has dry. I was really hesatint Wether to put it on as I saw lots of reviews online saying that they got cystic acne! But I didn’t believe it because my friend didn’t get any acne after wearing it. I applied it with my morphe y6 brush in stippling motions and it went on very airbrushed and I didn’t even add a primer! I added Laura Mercier setting powder as I have more oily skin, I would say it’s sheer coverage but could possibly build after about 3 hours of wearing I started to notice it was getting quite cakey on the forehead and very shiny around my nose.Also parts of the foundation started to separate on my chin and nose, it also felt very itchy on my skin through out the day and it oxides a shade darker too.When I got home I noticed raised bumps on my forehead and chin which weren’t there before also it left my face very irritated when I took it off! Highly do not recommend this foundation at all.