MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green age: 44-55
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.5

on 2/12/2019 11:22:00 AM

I love this foundation when my skin is looking good and I just need to even out some slight discoloration. It is sheer to light coverage but can be built with multiple applications.

The finish is so natural that it is hard to detect that I am wearing it it. I like to apply with a sponge and push into my skin rather than wiping across.

This topped with a light layering of MAC powder, and a little concealer under the eyes is just about all I wear during the warmer months on the Gulf Coast. It isn’t sweatproof, but when I sweat while wearing it I do not have trails running down my face nor do I look like my face is melting!

The Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation is near an exact dupe, but more expensive. I will stick to my MAC!

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.

on 2/15/2018 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

If you ever want to try a MAC foundation, start with this one, you can't go wrong. It covers your face and body and you get a huge bottle 50ml compared to the average foundation 30ml. Great dropper dispenser so not too much is lost and you can control how much you apply to your skin.

It has a sheer coverage with a satin finish but it's buildable to a moderate coverage. I find it covers all my flaws and pores and leaves my skin looking natural, radiant and the shade stays true, no oxidisation or fading all day. Moisturising and long wearing, this foundation truly is a good start to try MAC products before you fall down the rabbit hole.

Make sure that you do know your shade and if possible go get colour matched just don't walk out with half the store and a melted credit card, it really isn't hard to do.

I was lazy and ordered on line, ended up with three bottles of this foundation before I matched my face. It wasn't a waste though because my shade changes through the seasons and now I mix and match the bottles and use the darker shade to help contour. I am N1 because my skin is very fair with pink undertones but I purchase N3 for summer. I apply N3 first and then blend N1 over the middle of my face to lighten, it is a great way to frame your face and help with contouring. In Winter I just stick to N1 and some bronzer. I find the best application is with a damp sponge blender, brushes use just far too much product.

I also use this foundation all over my neck, décolletage, bare shoulders, legs and anywhere else I want a bit of colour, this foundation doesn't transfer.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

As I get older (I'm 44), I find that liquid foundations don't work for me as much because it settles into my lines, especially crow's feet. I bought MAC Face and Body Foundation in London a few years ago, but hadn't used it much. For the past few years, I've been using Dr. Jart+ BB Cream. But when I ran out, I broke out the MAC liquid. I like this a lot. It give a dewy finish and the color works for me. I don't know if I'd repurchase, but this foundation has a nice, even, light coverage.

on 12/2/2015 11:18:00 AM

After so many years of trying out different foundations (I am 53), I can say that I always come back to this and even more so now that I'm older. It gives a beautiful light to medium coverage that looks more natural than any other foundation on my mostly normal skin. As I get older I find that heavy foundations emphasize lines and look like masks but not Face and Body. I love the bottle because it's light weight for travel and functions well. I will always have a bottle of this on hand. Holy Grail for me.

on 3/16/2015 10:59:00 AM

I initialed reviewed this foundation on 1/2/06 (yes, I have been on this site for a really long time) and I deleted it in favor of an updated review since no one found my prior review helpful. I am really an N/NW10-15, but I bought this in C1 long ago, and I bought the same shade several years ago. It is too yellow for me, and if I purchased it again, I would get N1 in the smaller size. I got the 4 oz. size because I did not know it came in a smaller version. This is the only foundation I feel comfortable wearing on my body since it does not transfer. I also wear it on some days on my cheeks, which are dry. I don't wear it on my t-zone, which is oily, because I am afraid it would break me out. I shake the bottle, then pour some on the back of my hand. I (still) find that no matter how careful I am, I squirt out much too much product. I then apply it with my fingers, and when it starts to feel a little bit stiff, I let it set. I have to say, I haven't been happy wearing it on my cheeks recently. It seems to accentuate the pores in the upper part of my cheeks, and it doesn't blend all that easily. I just haven't found the finish to be as polished as I like it, and it isn't a great canvas for blush. I have to use powder before applying blush, which can get cakey on my dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Curly, Medium

I have dry skin. Not the, "oh, my skin feels dry, I think I'll moisturize today" dry, but the I have worn heavy duty moisturizer every single day of my life...since the day I was born kind of dry skin. Now, at 48, my skin is in decent shape (see my mention of daily moisturizer), but I like a little bit of evening out and extra color that foundation provides. When I hear/read that a foundation is "sheer" or "glowy"...well, let's just say I'm a sucker for good marketing. Enter Face and Body. I bought it at a MAC store in Prague on vacation. I was color matched at N1, which does seem pretty accurate. I don't care much for the bottle as some always runs down the sides of the bottle or gets trapped under the cap (making for a mess when you next remove it). I like the silicones in F&B as it makes for smooth application. I really only use one dot to spread it around my face. I do get a more even complexion, but that's it. This leaves a terribly sticky finish, but strangely leaves my face looking dry and cakey at the same time!! Strange! I also don't like the occlusive feeling I get after a bit...as though my face were suffocating. I stuck this in a drawer and forgot about it. A few weeks ago, in an attempt to use up some products, I added two drops of F&B to my moisturiser along with one pump of the clinique Uplighting in Natural. WOW! The perfect combo! You cannot tell I have on foundation. My skin looks clear, healthy, dewey and well nourished. I have finally found a method that works well for me. May be something others like as well! Definitely worth a shot!! Makes my routine that much qucker too.

on 3/28/2014 6:10:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Why, oh why, does EVERY MAC product make me break out??? I think this is an excellent product but it causes an "eruption" w/in a few hours on me. For those of you lucky enough to wear this w/ no problems, I'm truly jealous!!!

This is the most natural looking foundation that I have ever tried. You can't even tell that it's on your skin yet it magically evens everything out. I am an NC20-25 & C2 is my best color (C1 was too light).

Positives: light, natural looking, tons of shades to choose from, non-drying, doesn't cling to dry patches

Negatives: packaging (IMO-big, ugly & cheap-looking), can oxidize if not set w/ powder, can sometimes get greasy-looking in areas

If you've experienced break-outs from MAC's products before definitely get a sample of this before you buy.