MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 44-55
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

4.2

on 2/12/2019 11:22:00 AM

I love this foundation when my skin is looking good and I just need to even out some slight discoloration. It is sheer to light coverage but can be built with multiple applications.

The finish is so natural that it is hard to detect that I am wearing it it. I like to apply with a sponge and push into my skin rather than wiping across.

This topped with a light layering of MAC powder, and a little concealer under the eyes is just about all I wear during the warmer months on the Gulf Coast. It isn’t sweatproof, but when I sweat while wearing it I do not have trails running down my face nor do I look like my face is melting!

The Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation is near an exact dupe, but more expensive. I will stick to my MAC!

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.

on 6/22/2018 6:07:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have a love-hate relationship with this. It's light in texture--making it warm-weather appropriate-- but somehow the C2 is too light in summer and the C3 is too dark (I'm NC25). I recently wore this to an evening event and looked, in the pictures, as if I had suffered some sort of dreadful arsenic-poisoning incident. It was pasty, sweaty nastiness. I'll either keep this for fall and winter (does the trick just fine then) or else add some bronzing drops.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

If I could give this negative stars I would. I always trust these reviews and often end up baffled by all the positive reviews. That was definitely the case with this product. I would do a PROS/CONS list, but there were no PROS. This product is horrible for the following reasons...
- Completely un-natural looking
- No coverage
- Goes on uneven
- Rubs off on anything/everything. Don't touch your face!
- Settles into fine lines and makes you look old
This is one of the worst foundations I've ever bought. I'd rather buy a $10 drugstore foundation than this.

on 2/15/2018 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

Can’t believe I haven’t reviewed this foundation prior to today! I was introduced to MAC F&B by a MAC makeup artist. Had never heard of it, prior to then. I have dry skin, which can be flaky due to Retin A use. In my youth I had a bit of oil in my T Zone, but that is long gone these days. This foundation is amazing! If you are looking for light, dewy coverage that doesn’t cling to dry patches or emphasize pores then this is your product. I now buy on MAC Online as I can get the large bottle which makes this foundation a very good value. Fingers, for me, is the only way to apply this foundation and you need to apply in “zones” on your face. Start in an area such as cheek, apply, rub until you notice the tackiness and then pat into skin until set. Finish each area of face this way until done. On my skin this retains a tacky feeling for a few minutes but then sets down and I have never powdered and get about 8 hours of wear. This can be built up in layers if you desire, but be sure to wait until first layer has set before trying another. If you’re looking for a dewy product that evens out your skin but has a natural skin like finish this is worth a try. I do think due to its ingredients and it’s “film forming” properties that you should absolutely use a good oil based makeup balm or oil, to remove and use your other cleanser after, as a double cleanse. Wears well over sunscreen and moisturizer. The color N1 is good for my cool toned light skin. C1 causes a very green look on my skin, due to yellow undertone of foundation.

on 11/16/2017 1:33:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Beautiful foundation, and perfect if you want to look radiant and youthful. It has a very thin, watery consistency (is water-based), and gives a dewy finish (it's described as a satin finish). It is sheer (one of the sheerest i've tried; like a tinted moisturizer or BB/CC cream) and doesn't have good coverage unfortunately though, but it is buildable to light-medium coverage (definitely not full though). For reference, i have dry, mature (40s), sensitive skin, with a few obvious sun spots, some fine lines (but not a lot), and slight redness in areas. I do have to powder this (but just lower half of face/forehead/nose; i like to leave dewiness on the upper cheeks). Also, it's so weightless that I forget I even have it on, which I love because i've always hated the feeling of foundation on my face. I'm on retin-a and this will ever so slightly cling to dry skin patches (but nowhere near what other foundations have), but on the plus side, it doesn't make my pores look worse. I thought the "n" is supposed to be neutral, but it definitely leans warm on me. The only bad thing i would say is that right now i'm around NC15 and the two lightest colors (N1 and C1) are a bit too dark for me unfortunately. Plus, if it had just a bit more coverage, it would be holy grail for me, but as is it's still my favorite foundation.

on 10/14/2017 1:32:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I'm 47 yo, combo skin, with no acne or acne marks, and no major wrinkles yet.. This foundation, as well as MAC Waterweight, and Becca's Aqua Luminous Foundation, are the only 3 foundations I have ever liked enough to repurchase over and over.. I like all 3 for different reasons, and I like Face and Body for the satin finish, healthy luminous look it gives, and that it's build able if needed... None of the MAC or Macy's near me sell the larger size anymore, not sure why, but the smaller bottle is $29, and lasts quite awhile for me. I hate foundation, and I don't hate this, or the other two I mentioned. I prefer to apply this with MAC's #187 duo fibre brush(Sonia Kashuk brand from Target sells an amazing duo fibre brush for under $14) as I feel I get the lightest, most luminous, outcome, with plenty of coverage, which is important for my age and skin type. Definitely recommend.

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Normally I don’t shop at MAC and in fact I have purchased very few MAC products throughout my life mainly because I really dislike the sales people who for the most part I find to be pushy and rude. However all that aside, I started researching Face & Body which seemed to have a lot of qualities I desire in a foundation. So, I ventured into the store, and had a very pleasant SA offer to make me a number of samples in different shades - one to match my current skin tone, and two alternate shades to test out when my tan fades.

F&B is a very liquid (thin as water) consistency. Best method of application is to use your fingers, really working the foundation into the skin until the consistency changes from watery to tacky, kind of like it’s pulling on your skin. Add layers to get your preferred coverage. I’m happy with anything sheer to medium and love the dewy glow this gives my skin. It evens out the tone just enough to let my natural self show through. The most important aspects to me in a foundation are finish, being transfer-proof and shade. This scores high on all three of these. There are a number of shades to choose from and the one I am currently using (C4) is perfect for my summer shade. N3 is a good match for the colder months for me.

The formula contains silicones which is not an issue for my skin but something to be aware of if you can’t tolerate cones. I can wear this all day and it is extremely comfortable on my dry skin, never fading or requiring a touch up. It is easily removed with a cleansing balm.

The packaging could be a little nicer but for the texture, I think this soft squeezy dropper style bottle is probably best. Fingers crossed they won’t disappoint in future as they have in past.

If you ever want to try a MAC foundation, start with this one, you can't go wrong. It covers your face and body and you get a huge bottle 50ml compared to the average foundation 30ml. Great dropper dispenser so not too much is lost and you can control how much you apply to your skin.

It has a sheer coverage with a satin finish but it's buildable to a moderate coverage. I find it covers all my flaws and pores and leaves my skin looking natural, radiant and the shade stays true, no oxidisation or fading all day. Moisturising and long wearing, this foundation truly is a good start to try MAC products before you fall down the rabbit hole.

Make sure that you do know your shade and if possible go get colour matched just don't walk out with half the store and a melted credit card, it really isn't hard to do.

I was lazy and ordered on line, ended up with three bottles of this foundation before I matched my face. It wasn't a waste though because my shade changes through the seasons and now I mix and match the bottles and use the darker shade to help contour. I am N1 because my skin is very fair with pink undertones but I purchase N3 for summer. I apply N3 first and then blend N1 over the middle of my face to lighten, it is a great way to frame your face and help with contouring. In Winter I just stick to N1 and some bronzer. I find the best application is with a damp sponge blender, brushes use just far too much product.

I also use this foundation all over my neck, décolletage, bare shoulders, legs and anywhere else I want a bit of colour, this foundation doesn't transfer.