MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 10/14/2018 3:45:00 AM

best foundation ever

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

Within a minute of my putting this on, my skin felt very hot and felt like I was wearing a mask, even though I put on the most sheer application. Within 15 minutes my eyes stung so bad I had to wash this off. I must be allergic to the orange oil. I was hoping it would work because it's so difficult to find a foundation without fragrance. I wore MUFE F&B for the longest time but they changed my color so I'm on the search for another. This is not it.

on 6/23/2017 3:41:00 PM

Probably the best foundation I can ever remember using. I struggle with finding the right shade because I am neutral and many shades are either warm or cool. N1 is a PERFECT match for my skin, and the formula looks SO natural when buffed into the skin using a brush that it's hard to tell I am even wearing foundation. Wonderful dewy finish and lasts all day. I will probably use this forever!

I love the packaging convenient squeeze bottle, shade is right for me as a bit hard to find as I'm a c3. The foundation though is strange, seperates on my skin, not even looking, does not cover well/blotchy, makes my skin look even oiler, greasy in pictures (I have combination skin). It creases and builds up around acne or dry patch by side of nose.. it emphasis what I didn't even think was bad.. a total no go for oily t zone

Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm

I love the way this foundation looks really natural and makes my skin look better. I just wish it had more coverage. I have melasma and it just doesn't cut it for coverage on my forehead. It's a beautiful formula and I highly recommend it if you don't have hyperpigmentation or redness to cover.

on 1/6/2016 2:28:00 PM

Unfortunately this foundation really irritated my skin and left my eyes really itchy. It's a shame really as the product gave a really nice light coverage and a dewy look, just what I was after.

If your skin is not sensitive it's worth giving this foundations go.

on 10/18/2015 7:28:00 AM

I absolutely love this product, moisturizing, build-able, never looks cakey, dewy..fab!! Lasts absolutely ages so is ok price wise. For reference I am NC20-NC25 and I use Mac N3. Would definitely recommend

I could take it or leave it originally - it is very VERY sheer if you just brush it on as is and so I ended up applying more. That then felt too heavy (it has film formers) and as I have normal - combination skin I ended up looking a bit greasy.

The bottle languished in a box and I just did not get the hype.

Enter You Tuber Sharon Farrell who I only recently discovered and NOW I get it! She is a makep artist with oilier skin and she did a blog post about how to apply it - the secret is buffing but not on your face. This was my issue as the formula is supposed to gradually thicken meaning the more you work it the better coverage you get. All that buffing left me cold however she suggested putting a dollop in your hand, rubiing your hands together really vigorously and then only applying to the face once you feel the texture change. GENIUS! This is now possibly my second favourite foundation (Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua is No1). With some Mineralise Skinfinish Natural lightly over the top this just looks like luminous but not greasy really good skin.

And it lasts all day! It never did when I used to ladle it on to try and build it.

I would suggest going to the store and having a play as with this foundation technique is absolutely key. Am now seriously considering this for my wedding makeup as it apparently looks beautiful in photos.

As an aside you also get a whopping quantity for the price if you get the bigger bottle!

on 5/30/2015 7:46:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This foundation is just "ok" for me. I originally bought this foundation because I was on Retin-A and needed a foundation which didn't make my dry and flakey face look even worse. Face & Body is fantastic if you suffer from flakey skin. It's the only foundation that worked well with my Retin-A. Now that I am not using Retin-a, this foundation seems to be less flattering. There just isn't enough coverage for me and if I build it up, it just seems to stay slimy on my face all day. Also, it is just a little too dewy for my liking. I can see this being used as a decent tinted moisturizer for going to the gym or running to the store. It's just not my choice if I want to look flawless.