MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 36-43
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I will always keep Face & Body in my rotation. It’s so unique; while there are many light coverage foundations, this one truly looks like my skin but better. It gives me a lovely glow but feels like I have nothing on my face. I find that the best way to apply is to use your fingers to rub it in until you feel the consistency change and feel kind of tacky. That’s when the magic happens. I can apply more where needed using the same method. I don’t need to set this as it lasts all day. I will powder my t-zone only. I hope that MAC never changes the formula as it’s a cult classic for a reason.

Wish the packaging was different but otherwise the best!

on 10/14/2018 3:45:00 AM

best foundation ever

on 6/16/2018 8:38:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I thought I would have reviewed this already as I have repurchased and will repurchase this. It is one of my HG make-up products. I have dry skin with some pigmentation/unevenness but most days I only want light coverage and don't have time for precise application so I go for quick and easy products like BB creams or this. This foundation is indispensable for me because of the ability to match the shade using white. I have fair skin with cool undertones but not too pink so I can get away w/neutral sometimes but it's hard to find a shade match for foundations since my neck/body is even lighter than my face. F&B White is great since N1 being too dark for me is not an issue - I can mix them to match my skin tone, in summer and in winter. I sometimes also add in some coverfx or similar drops to give it more pink as there are no rosy/truly cool toned shades. I love that it is so quick to apply and set. So easy to get light coverage that helps even out my complexion without drying, breaking apart or clinging to dry spots. Takes a minute and it simply looks like bare skin... I mean this quite literally - since I can get a good shade match, once applied, it really looks like I have nothing on but skin.
When wearing by itself, I don't try to layer this for more coverage though you can if you let the layers dry. I just add concealer under the eyes or any areas that I have more pigmentation. But I do layer or mix it sometimes with other products. I'm not going to claim it plays well with every foundation but I use them, especially the white mixed in or layered with other foundations when I want more coverage or a less natural look. Sometimes sort of like a primer underneath, sometimes mixed in, or sometimes over foundations that feel a bit too matte (e.g., Marc Jacobs Remarcable). Sometimes I wear a thin layer of the white alone, even. It's important to apply this foundation by hand until it changes consistency. It it is best applied with hands. It's almost too liquid at first and a brush would eat too much of it up or make a streaky mess. It needs to thicken and settle into the skin, which will occur if you work with it with your hands fairly quickly even if it may seem like it's just going to run down from being so liquid. Start with a small amount and maybe even look up youtube videos by makeup artists (I think either Wayne Goss or Lisa Eldridge has a video on this). If you work it into the skin with fingers/hands, it changes consistency pretty quickly and within a minute it looks like you have nothing on at all! I do sometimes go over it later with a beauty blender or buffing brush if I have any uneven areas or if I applied too much but often I don't need to. It's affordable since the price, especially if you get the large bottle brings this to drugstore price level, although you may need to have two shades to mix to get a good match. TLDR: Quick, reliable, doesn't dry me out, oxidize or irritate, I can get a great match thanks to the white, and gives me a my skin but better look in no time. I truly love it!

on 5/10/2018 1:48:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

This is by far the best all around foundation out there. It looks great in photos and wears well throughout the day even when it's warm and humid.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is the perfect foundation if, like me, you're looking for a natural-looking foundation that's light but buildable. It smoothens out your skin for that no-make-up look. It's very lightweight - perfect for warm, humid climates. It's great for everyday wear and holds up fairly well to my usual 12-hour days. Two thumbs up!

on 3/12/2018 4:33:00 PM

This is one of the best foundations, certainly the best by MAC and my absolute go-to foundation in summer. I’m normally NC25-NC30 so I go between C3 and C4. It gives light coverage, perfect match with skin, quite sheer texture but still evens out the skin perfectly. I like the plastic bottle packaging, easy to adjust the amount you need and easy to carry around. You need to shake it well each time you use it.

This is how I apply: only with hands, I warm a good amount between my fingers. I spread it onto my face, including eyelids and undereyes with light circular motions and this way it sets instantly. It’s sticky at first, but once it dries it stays put. No need to set it with powder, I only apply a mattifying powder on the t-zone. I apply it over my sunscreen and it doesn’t clog up or make your skin feel heavy. You need to wash your hands with soap as it doesn’t remove easily.
In the evening I massage cream cleanser and wipe it off with micellar water to remove it.
I buy the larger bottle and it lasts for a very long time, also great value for money. For reference, I’m 41, have normal skin that tends to be oily in summer and I’ve been using this foundation for more than 10 years.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I yet to meet a MAC foundation that didn't mess up my skin.
For the reference, I have a sensitive normal slightly dehydrated skin with dry patches on cheeks and forehead.

Pros:
- the foundation is very lightweight and looks like skin once applied;
- the best application technique is using the fingers (I love using fingers);
- looks radiant but not greasy upon application, didn't become greasy through the day;
- I don't need to mix two shades to get a perfect match, N3 fits me perfectly.

Cons:
- the lasting power is meh. Stays good for 5 hours and rapidly starts to wear off afterward;
- settling into fine lines as the day goes and moving around, mostly on my dry patches! I never experienced a foundation moving on dry parts of my skin;
- separates and becomes powdery even if I do not set it with powder and even if I only have one thin layer;
- gives me red rashes, not pimples, but a red irritated eczema-like skin.

Overall, I don't get the hype, and from my experience, I have no idea which skin type might enjoy it.

on 9/27/2017 10:58:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

I have this in N1 which is a little darker than my skin (about an N15) but looks very natural on me anyway.

Bought this a while ago but the finish was too dewy for me, I found it enhanced texture so I never used it and kept looking.

Gave it another try this summer. I wanted something lightweight that doesn't look like makeup in the sun.

Now it's become one of my top 2 favorites... I still dislike a dewy finish but using mac blot powder (shade medium) or IT cosmetics translucent powder really turns the finish into a soft satin. I do need to touch up with the powder during the day or blot.

I love that nobody can detect this on the skin and how long wearing it is. The coverage is light but buildable to an extent.

It sinks slightly into wrinkles at the corners if my mouth but I just dab that away. Does not sink into pores at all.

It works great with the concealer (Lancome Effacernes) I use to cover pigmentation on my upper lip. This combo lasted thru long humid days this summer without breaking up at all.

All in all it's really beautifying and suitable for aging skin.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I HAVE FAIR SKIN NOT TOO PALE,AND GOT THIS FOUNDATION IN THE 2 LIGHTEST SHADES,IT WAS WAY TOO DARK AND WAY TOO ORANGE BOTH DID NOT MATCH A NORMAL SKIN COLOR,DOES ANYONE KNOW A FOUNDATION THAT ACTUALLY MATCHES A PERSONS SKIN TONE,WE ARE NOT ORANGE,WE ARE NOT YELLOW,WE ARE NOT PINK,WE ARE BEIGE,LAURA MERCIER HAS GOOD COLORS BUT DOES NOT GO ON SMOOTH.I HAVE TRIED COVERGIRL (ORANGE),RIMMEL,LOREAL,MAC,CLINIQUE,MAKEUP FOREVER,ESTEE LAUDER (TOO YELLOW),KAT VON D,SEPHORA,IVE TRIED ALL FOUNDATION FROM DRUGSTORES,SEPHORA,ULTA,MACYS,ONLINE (RCMA,CINEMA SECRETS),EVERYTHING,ALL WERE ORANGE,YELLOW,WENT ON LIKE PAINT,CHALKY.ANYONE KNOW ANY GOOD FOUNDATION BEIGE IN COLOR,FOR DRY SKIN.
MESSAGE ME ON HERE.