MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.8

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

I wanted soooo bad to love this product..the texture...the coverage...everything I was looking for. Even the fact that it is water proof and long wearing was what I was looking for. I have combination skin where it gets dehydrated daily and oily as the day continues. I got this thinking it would prevent my skin from getting dehydrated and as long as I used a good setting powder, then it would be a perfect match. Well, it looked great on my skin...even with my old acne scars and texture...but...after wearing it to work 1 day...I double cleansed my face and HOLY SHIT WHAT IN THE HECK?!!! I got cystic acne spots all over my face!!! I haven't had cystic acne in almost a year!!! WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!! One on my upper lip, another on my forevhead, one on my chin, and 2 forming on my cheek...Jesus lawd!!! NO!!! I about threw that devil liquid through the wall! The mistake I made was not doing my research 1st. I usually always go to CosDNA.com and look up the foundations of interest and as long as they score 4 or below on the acne causing ingredients, then I can wear this foundation...this foundation had a high score of 11...11!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH never again...back to my search for finding a truly hydrating foundation that wont break me out :(

UPDATE: I think the cystic acne causing ingredient is: Polyglyceryl-3-Diisostearate

go to cosDNA.com and if check your foundation to see if it has that ingredient if youre struggling with cystic acne flair ups when u try new foundations.

on 6/16/2017 5:59:00 AM

I LOVE this foundation.
It's light, dewy and evens out skin tone.
It is a very LIGHT coverage.
I have normal/ combination skin with hormonal acne on my chin.
I didn't want a foundation that was full coverage or mask like.
This is a great foundation for everyday wear.
To apply use your fingers and rub it in to the skin. I tried a brush and beauty blender and hated the results but with my fingers it's great.
let it dry and add more layers if you want more coverage.
I mix it with pro longwear foundation and that works fantastic if I want a bit more coverage.

on 4/30/2017 1:36:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

I have oily skin but even so, I like to use luminous/dewy foundations, I don't like matte foundations on me. Anyway, I really like this foundation, it gives a dewy, juicy look on my face that I love. My skin looks like glowing, in a good way. I carry blotting papers with me and use them during the day, and after blotting, the foundation is still on my face, still perfect and dewy.

I like to use it during very hot days (I live in Texas) because it doesn't feel heavy. I use it over a primer though, and I don't use sunblock or moisturizer with SPF when using this foundation. Sometimes I set it with powder, sometimes I don't. I don't have scars or discolorations to cover, so I use 1 layer. I guess you can apply a second layer but to be honest, I don't think it will give you much coverage. This foundation is very light and very liquid. In hot days when I want more coverage, but still that dewy look, I use Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua, but that's another review :)

(PS. MAC Face and Body gives me a more dewy look that Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua)

ETA: I have hear it photographs very good, but to be honest, I haven't had my picture taken when wearing it. I'll report back when that happens.

Because I have so many foundations (it's my thing) I try to rotate them, so I haven't really used it more than 3-4 days in a row, so I can't tell you if this will make me break out or not, but so far, it hasn't

I use the shade C2, and for reference I'm...
- NC20-25 in MAC
- Y245 120 Soft Sand in MUFE HD foundation
- Shade 20 Light in Sephora 10 HR Wear Foundation
- 20 Beige in Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua
- 26 Bisque Medium in Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged
- 120 Classic ivory in Maybelline Fit Me matte & poreless
- 146 Nude Beige in L'oreal Visible Lift Serum Absolute
- Sand Beige in Revlon Colorstay for oily skin

I'll try and keep this short & sweet not to repeat too much of what many said :

For some weird reason, I keep trying the latest high-end "perfect foundation", when in fact I found *the* perfect foundation years ago.

Face & Body as others said perfects the face while no one sees I have make-up on. It gives a slightly glowy very natural look. If warmed up on the back of the hand (I "tap" the fluid with one finger for about half a minute to make it sticky) it also gives good coverage. Always work it in with the hands. The colour is quite forgiving and seems to adapt to one's own tone.

I have three colours at home and mix c2 and c4, when I am very tan I mix a tiny drop of #7 in there (olive medium skintone).

It lasts - I use little to no powder since powder can look chalky on my drier than normal skin.

I keep coming back to this one - the best!

The color selection is awesome on this, but the coverage is very sheer. It doesn't cover my sun spots at all which is disappointing. It does look natural in daylight - until the oilies break through, then it's very shiny, and then it's like I never put anything on to begin with. It's not long lasting. OK for a low key day in cooler weather, but I won't be using it during summer months or when I need more coverage. For now it's still my go to because it blends well and I haven't found anything look more natural.

It is a lightweight foundation that provides a light coverage. Feels very liquidy while applying so it is good it comes in a bottle with a small tip. You can't expect this foundation to cover any of the major imperfectness being it redness or pimples or pigmentation. It will all come through. Yet it is a good product for a "no make up" make up look. It does even out the skin colour a bit and delivers a natural satin finish. Don't think it will work well for very dry or oily skin types, but it is good for any skin type in the mid range.
Applies well with a stippling brush or fingers. Would not recommend a Beautyblender as it would be all soaked up.
You can use it on your body ofc as the name suggests. I don't find a lot of use for it.
--------------------------------
Also wanted to compare this foundation to MUFE Face & Body as they have the same name. The product though is not quite the same. MUFE foundation in my experience provides a better coverage being equally runny. It also lasts longer during the day and works well for oily skin types alongside with dry ones.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I have this in C1 and C2. I mix both together in the winter when I am paler. This is a nice light weight foundation that just looks like skin. I have not tried building it up for fuller coverage as I use a separate foundation for full coverage. I have super dry skin in the winter and it does not become flakey or cakey at all.

PLEASANTLY SURPRISED!! MAC SA suggested this in N1 when I told her I was looking for something light to wear that didn't settle into pores and wrinkles and would work underneath my Studio Fix powder foundation. I have combo/oily skin, mild redness in cheeks occasionally, a few early signs of aging.

I feel this gives the perfect amount of coverage for evening out skintone. Better coverage than most BB creams and tinted moisturizers for sure. Honestly, I was surprised at how happy I was with the coverage, I think sometimes we think our skin is worse than it actually is. I do have a small broken capillary and dark undereye circles that need concealer.

The truly interesting thing about this foundation is that although it does become a more skin like/satin finish, it does not seem to fade or rub off throughout the day!!!
Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses, it did not seem to wear off around my nose like most foundations do once the oil starts to breakthrough. To me, this is what differentiates this from drugstore foundations that are more natural/light coverage-they fade and rub off rather quickly. This does not.

PROS:
-feels like nothing on
-gives the face a very healthy, dimensional look. You probably won't need to use as much contour/blush with this product.
-does not settle in lines/accentuate pores
-does not oxidize to strange shades of peach/pink/banana yellow
-color match was great. I wear n4 in studio fix powder foundation, previously had the Matchmaster 1.0 and it was nice but a little too pale and then next was up was too yellow.
-can use finger to apply and still looks awesome. Easy to blend.
-very minimal transfer/fading throughout the day.

CONS:
- Oil breakthrough. Not a matte finish.
- Has a citrus-y scent, not unpleasant but would like it better without one.
-Maybe not be the best for travelling since it is not a pump or a tube, occasionally some foundation leaks out of the nozzle tip.
-Would not recommend for summertime/dancing, would probably look too greasy

This is also a good product to mix in with any SPF items that you find too drying or give you white-face. I have been applying this over a light daytime serum and then using powder to blot when needed. Even though I've always preferred matter finish, med/full coverage foundations, I find as I get older they look fake and too heavy in the daytime and I only wear the for night out/special events. This makes my skin look smooth and healthy. Even though I have combo skin and wear glasses this doesn't rub off or wear down, blotting is essential though.

This will be my go to foundation for fall/winter. Would recommend to most, except those who are very oily or have more acne or discoloration issues that need heavier coverage. HTH!

on 10/24/2013 5:45:00 PM

Wow this foundation has a good rating for a reason and now after purchasing it myself I know why. I called MAC online because the nearest MAC store is an hour away and I like shopping at home. Anyways I told the SA that I us NW20 in the Studio Fix powder and couldn't decide between N1 or N2? Well I was thinking N1 and that's exactly what she recommended. Reason being I have a very cool undertone and I get red so easily it's ridiculous. I am a natural blonde with green eyes and the N1 is beyond perfect it looks just like my skin.

I have been double cleansing in the colder months facial oil then foam cleanser then tone. I then use aha or RA, serum, then moisturizer, sometimes a sleeping pack at night. Day same thing minus the deeper moisturizer and I try to stick with water based products I like using Fix+ because this foundation is water based. I haven't used a primer with this yet though I'm going to try some on days where I need my MU to last. I do apply this with my fingers I don't like applying bases with my hands but sometimes it's what we must do.

I warm this up between my hands and apply. I find I don't need a second layer my skin is finally clear and even so I really like the light coverage. I then use Tarte concealer and either a MAC powder or I use Tarte's to set my foundation. I love the finish of this stuff it's gorgeous because it just looks like skin!My BF had no idea I was wearing anything;) I have finally found something besides Asian BB Creams that I will use a lot. I reach for this all the time because it lasts and looks great for such a long time. I use Fix+ to refresh and I'm good to go.

I went with the bigger bottle because if I need to darken for the Summer I can get a smaller N2 but for now this colour will match me for quite a long time. It's definitely a good amount of product for the $$. The dewy finish is beautiful and it applies very easily. If you have to use a brush the SA said go with the 190 I have that brush and think it would waste product honestly so just have wipes on hand. I have to say this is an excellent foundation and if you don't have a lot of skin issues this will be awesome for you. Also I think this is good for all skin types except super dry, but I'm a believer that all is possible in makeup:)

It applies fantastic over moisturizer, SS, etc, and it lasts! And you just look like it's your skin just way better. I am so happy I finally got this after buying other products when I could have been using this all along. Either way I'm glad it's in my life now and I do recommend it. If you like heavy coverage this isn't for you and I think we all know that about this foundation by now. If you're late on the bandwagon like me...Get on! You won't regret it, it's simply an awesome foundation. Easy 5 lippie product! Highly Recommended!