MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 30-35
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 1/29/2019 11:15:00 PM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

This is my favourite foundation! Gives your skin such a beautiful dewy finish. I either use my fingers or my Real Techniques buffing brush to apply. You can easily build it up from light to medium coverage without it looking cakey at all. I set my t-zone with Sephora Microsmooth Baked Foundation Powder (a great dupe for MAC MSF Natural) and this combo is perfection. For reference I am C3 or NC35 in the winter, and C4 or NC 40-42 in the summer.

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

on 12/22/2018 1:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

This has been around for so long and received so many reviews, there's probably not a whole lot I could add to the conversation, but I'll try, because I love this foundation. And I do mean LOVE - if this was discontinued, I would feel lost, it's such a unique product and it's my everyday foundation.

The first thing to mention is the texture, which probably is the main thing that makes this so unique: It'a a water-based foundation (remember to shake it!), so straight from the bottle, it's very watery and very sheer. I think it's best applied with fingers - it'll make a brush sticky and a sponge seems counterintuitive with an already watery, sheer foundation.

As you work it in, the texture changes; it thickens and becomes tackier, more opaque. It's very buildable, so you can start off with a sheer base, work up the coverage, and add layers as needed. Moving it around and working it is key for coverage - if you just apply this evenly like you would a "regular" foundation, it'll end up very very sheer. It takes a while for it to set, and it often remains tacky:ish in places, so even on my dry skin, I need a blotting or setting powder.

I have never had this look cakey, and it never seems to emphasise dryness, flakes, rough patches or pores. It just kind of glides on and brightens, evens out, adds glow, and provides as much coverage as you choose to build up. (I doubt you could get full coverage out of this, though.) If you have more noticeable blemishes, you will need a concealer on top of this, but for me, any foundation that covers as much as a concealer is too much - I like my foundation to look like skin, but better.

A little goes a long way; a few drops can cover your entire face if you like it sheer, and a few more will add coverage. I get the 120 ml bottle for about 40 euro, but it lasts for a long, long time even if I use it daily, so in that context, I think it's very affordable. I've heard that over time, it can separate or change in texture somehow - I've never had that happen, but if you don't plan on using it often, there is also a 50 ml bottle available.

Looking at the MAC website, there's surprisingly few shades available, but you can probably mix them. I use C1 with white mixed in. I have yellow undertones but I'm prone to redness in some areas, and the C1 evens that out nicely.

There's no SPF in Face & Body, and I think it's supposed to be water proof, or at least water resistant, but let me tell you from experience (unfortunately) that if you cry wearing this, it does come off. Maybe not if it's a regular little wedding cry, but pretty quickly if it's like a when-Mufasa-dies cry or a just-got-broken-up-with-and-I-feel-like-someone-stabbed-my-soul cry.

PROS:
- Versatile! Buildable from very sheer to a good medium.
- Texture: looks like skin, but really helps even out the look of dryness and enlarged pores.
- Dewy finish that looks nice on dry and/or mature skin.
- Relatively affordable as an everyday foundation because a little goes a long way.
- Best applied with fingers, you don't need to get any tools dirty.
- Never seems to cake, ever.

CONS:
- Really different texture compared to most foundations, so there's a bit of a learning curve with the application.
- Takes a while to set, and even when it sets, it doesn't completely dry down. (So I don’t really know how you would use it on the body and not have it transfer to your clothes.)

on 12/19/2018 8:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy grail foundation!!! Light coverage but you can build it up. It does not fade or separate during the day. If I want more coverage I just use some concealer to cover up blemishes and some redness and that does the trick. It’s very light weight and dewy. Perfect for my dry flaky skin.

on 11/5/2018 10:49:00 PM

This product looks amazing on, it’s stellar HOWEVER one of the ingredients caused my skin to break out in cysts all over my forehead and chin :( My skin was flawless prior and after it looks so horrible! You’ve been warned. If you have break out prone skin stay away!

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

By the end of the day, I can't tell if my foundation is still on or not, it's very subtle coverage. It will lessen the redness on your face and blends in really nicely with your skin. If you are ok going without foundation and want a little extra something-something, this would be your foundation.

It is pretty much useless on acne; you have to conceal spots separately.

The packaging is the worst, it gets so dirty and gross.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I don't use this for my face (I tried once and it broke me out) but I do use on my upper arms where I have a few light blemishes. This helps to cover them up. Finding the right shade was tricky as I'm NC42 in concealer, but my arms are a few shades lighter than my face. Luckily the SA at the Mac counter helped me find the closest match and encouraged me to view it in natural light aswell as the stores lighting to get a good idea of how it will look under different conditions. I use this only when wearing certain types of dresses as it can and will rub off to a degree on t-shirt sleeves etc, even when I use a setting powder. I would re-purchase this for sure once my current bottle runs out.

Selena x

~ My HG list ~

(I've sampled 100s of skin, hair and m/u products over the last decade and a half, as I love trying out new stuff all the time - usually sample sizes via e-bay, also plenty courtesy of a friend who works at Sephora. Thought it might be useful to share my top 10 must-have products, subject to change if and when I come across something more effective)

1. Hair Loss Treatment: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Hair Oil
2. Lip Balm: Jack Black - Intense Therapy
4. Cleanser: 'Aveda' - Purifying Gel Cleanser
5. Concealer: ‘Mac’ - Studio Finish Concealer
6. Lash Growth Serum: ‘Divine Herbal’ - Divinelash
7. Foundation/SPF: ‘Juice Beauty’ - Stem Cellular Repair (warm glow)
8. Face Scrub: ‘Sisley' - Botanical Gentle Buffing Cream
9. Moisturizer: ‘Antipodes' - Rejoice Light Day Cream
10. Hand Cream: 'Origins' - Make A Difference Rejuvenating Hand Treatment

on 5/30/2018 12:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

On some days when I dont want to be fully made up I use this one. The coverage is very buildable one thing I notice is if you want to layer it up you need to wait for the first layer to dry out first before you put on another one with that the coverage will be medium to full. I love using this with my coty airspun translucent extra coverage! My face gets oily around 4hrs and fades out around 7 hrs of wear. No break out or whatsoever another plus for me! by the way i got this in c5 and my shade reference is nc42.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure

This is the first foundation I’ve tried. I love how sheer it is, not heavy or fake looking at all. I have oily spots and it doesn’t help that at all. I’m going to try other brands but I know this one is good enough.

on 3/30/2018 2:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure

I love this foundation: I’m usually a NC42 and I use C5 in the Face and Body Foundation. I’m combo-oily with medium pore size on my cheeks with a bit of redness all across my cheeks and nose.
The trick to love this foundation is to apply it with your fingers. I tried it with a brush (didn’t like the finish) and a sponge (a no-no and not buildable at all with it). When you apply it with your fingers, you can feel the consistency getting tacky as you blend it into your skin and that’s when you know you’ve got it right!
Very lightweight with a natural sheer finish, you can build it to a low-medium coverage but if you have severe hyperpigmentation or acne scars, you will not like this foundation.
I feel like it’s impossible to look cakey with this foundation as it never clings to my occasional dry patches (more often during winter time) and it’s the reason why I love it so much. I powder down the very dewy finish and it can get slightly oily during the day but the foundation never breaks down, it just gets glowy-ier. It’s a very good every day foundation.