MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 19-24
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Mac Face and Body Foundation

I got this foundation a while back because I wanted to give it a try.

However, I knew and heard about it beforehand because it's known for the natural finish that it gives.

Perfect for me and an everyday makeup look, I do not like a heavy or full coverage foundation, this isn't my cup of tea when it comes to my daily makeup!

So, I tested it out plus tried it out in various application methods, so that I thought, I could share these with you guys as well.

Pros:

- long-wearing
- lightweight
- natural finish

Cons:

- not fragrance-free
- not many shades available

What can i say about this product..!! I never could imagine that i would like this product. I have very fair acne prone skin with a lots of red spots. Even its not the full coverage foundation that i probably would search for , its the best thing i 've ever put on my face. Build it up as much times as you want, you will never look cakey. I like the finish, i like that it is water resistant , its long lasting, i only powder my t zone. My skin never look so flawless and so alive with any other foundation and believe me i tried a lot from a lots of brands like dior , chanel , estee lauder, loreal etc. My skin never looked so alive , so bright. Skin looks like a skin not like a mask. Long lasting, hydrating without excess extra oil, fresh look skin , water proof, what else do you need? Perfect, i wish i had try it before i waste so much money trying to find the best foundation.

on 10/9/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite foundation I've tried. I have very dry skin and most foundations look dry and cakey on me, while others look greasy. This one looks completely natural, not noticeable on the skin. That's how it feels too, totally lightweight, almost like you aren't wearing any foundation. It doesn't transfer either. It has a light coverage (although can be built up to medium), some imperfections do stay visible, but it evens out the complexion and covers redness. I have the shade C1. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin and don't need much coverage.

If you have pale skin, you are out of luck when it comes to MAC. Their lightest shades, in every foundation, including this one - is WAY TOO DARK. Orange. Pink. Peach. Just too much color. Even the photos here, their faces don't match their bodies. For truly pale, white skins - SKIP MAC.

It is also shiny, sparkly and oily looking - which just ages women. Young children and teens before they hit puberty, have matte, clean faces. So shiny, oily looking foundations actually make women look older (unless they're like 50 & older & just super dry).

on 6/28/2018 1:01:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

OKAY NOW
This product has officially replaced my old favorite Estee Lauder Double Wear, and Mac Face and Body is exactly the opposite of it. First of all now that I am 19 I realized my skin is a little dryer than when I used to wear heavy and matte foundations at age 16-17. Now they cake on me and in natural light it is EXTREMELY obvious that I am wearing foundation. But not with Mac Face and Body, this foundation evens out my skin tone and makes me look semi-dewy, it doesn't look like I am wearing foundation under any light even if you get very close look to my skin and I love that. Sure this doesn't give me enough coverage to cover my pimples or acne and stuff but now I realized that this gives a perfect base to even out the color on my skin so I can put a little bit concealer on where I need later. This stuff is also water proof and doesn't budge throughout the whole day, it is by far one of the most long wearing foundations I own.
I also really like Mac shade range because it is the only color match that perfectly matches me, I use the color NC30 for my light to a little medium yellow toned skin and I have never found a better color match in all the foundations I own, I usually have to mix two foundations to match me but not with Mac Face and Body.
Since I found this I also want to try the Mac water weight concealer too because I am all into sheer glowy coverage stuff now, I feel like they are the most natural.
Overall this looks extremely like your skin, I cant say it is very dewy but it is not matte obviously, the price is up there for the larger one but it is like over 30 ml, I have been using it for 2 years now not the most sanitary but I haven't still finished it, but still I don't wear makeup everyday. I highly recommend it and I now regret everyday that I didn't used this and used a full coverage matte foundation instead because everybody in my school was like ew you are wearing too much foundation, damn I wish they see my skin now. Anyways 10/10 finish and packaging and maybe 9/10 price.

UPDATE:
This has given me tiny bumps on my face why does god want to play me like that? This has been the best foundation ever for me anyways since this makes my skin look beyond perfect I will continue to wear it because I dont even care anymore bye.

on 5/2/2018 5:34:00 PM

I like this foundation, i was looking for something with natural coverage, like a tinted moisturizer. This is great because it doesn’t cling onto my dry spots, like all my other foundations do. I use retinoids, so I always have dry, flakey skin and this foundation doesn’t emphasize them. I apply this with my fingers because a sponge would just soak up all the product since it’s so lightweight. My only complaint is that the colour range isn’t too good as even C1 is too orange for me. I have a paler yellow olive skin tone, but I’m okay with it only because the coverage is so light it melts into my skin and warms it up. Overall I really like this and might purchase the 120ml size.

EDIT: I've been breaking out like crazy lately, with cystic acne on my chin area and I'm trying to figure out what is causing it. My prime suspect is this honestly because I've been using this a lot more lately so this could really be it. I'm going to start wearing the Estee Lauder DoubleWear from now on and I'll see if anything changes. (I'm secretly hoping it is this foundation that's breaking me out because then having clear skin again would be an easy fix, ill just stop using this HOWEVER I actually really liked this foundation because it was so lightweight and natural!)

on 4/26/2018 2:06:00 PM

This foundation is WONDERFUL. I searched for a foundation I liked for almost a year and could never find anything I was looking for. I am not interested in looking like I'm wearing foundation, I like it to look like my skin. I wanted it to blur blemishes and even my skin tone. I wanted something that did not cling to dry patches, let my skin breathe and didn't cover my face in oil. I got everything from this foundation. I have FINALLY found my holy grail. I have dry skin but my t-zone (specifically my forehead) tends to get very shiny. This make up has a dewy finish and I ALWAYS use a setting powder and setting spray. I use mineral veil from bare minerals as the powder and it prevents my face from getting shiny. After, I use the MAC prep + prime setting spray. It sets the make up, for real it lasts all day with maybe some minor touch ups, and it also hydrates my skin without getting shiny. I say this foundation goes either way for dry skin - oily skin as long as you set it and want to look great without looking like your wearing anything! Also! A little more about the product, it has a watery consistency so I apply with my fingers, after massaging it into the skin and spreading it, it will start to get thick and "sticky" but still smooth. I've had this bottle approx. 3 months and I'ts still not empty!

EDIT!!!!!!!!! UGH This foundation unfortunately caused me to break out. At first it really wasn't so bad and I was just going to say screw it and let it happen but it is not surprisingly getting much worse. SAD DAY FOR ME. Still giving it a 4 for those who it will not cause break outs

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I was looking for a more sheer and glowy foundation to wear for university graduation and related events so I didn't look too overdone.

This is going to be perfect! It builds up to a light medium coverage and I don't have to set it at all, which is a huge plus for my very dry skin. I've tried a beauty sponge and brushes for application but I'd recommend fingers for the best result. I use Wayne Goss' method of warming it in my hands, then rubbing it on my face and just when it starts getting tacky, smoothing it down in the direction of face hairs. It gives the most amazing glowy, glossy filtered face effect and I can't put it down!

on 12/8/2017 3:47:00 PM

After a long search for a foundation for dry skin I ended at this one. This foundation is perfect if you have a normal to dry skin without a lot of imperfections. Then it will create a beautiful coverage. When I first used it on my combo/dry skin I was of course not amazed by the coverage because there is very little of it. Because I find my MAC Studio Fix (in NC15) too sticky and heavy wearing, but do love its cover abilities, I thought I would mix them! And boy, now this was something I had been looking for in a foundation. I use the F&B in C1 and it matches perfectly with SF NC15. You get this beautiful, medium but buildable coverage without the heavy feel. I only use some under-eye concealer with that. When I apply my makeup, I use a LED mirror, and if you’re familiar with them you know you see every pore and line and even in that light this mixture looks amazing. When you’re done makeupping, just lightly pat some powder everywhere you want because it will still be a be dewy. I do have to say that this will not last very long, I’d say with me like 4-5 hours.

on 12/8/2017 1:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This foundation is great . It offers medium coverage, it's very light on the face and gives you a silk finish and glow. For me it works better during summer,but I use it on winter sometimes along with other foundations when I want fuller coverage.