MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by age: 18 & Under
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

3.9

This foundation is a light coverage that is very buildable, and I've been able to build it to a solid medium coverage. If you're struggling with the application, try rubbing it in with your fingers instead of using a brush or a sponge because it's designed to give more coverage and last longer if you rub it in with fingers. This foundation is extremely dewy which sounds amazing for my dry skin but it ended up being a bit too dewy for my liking. It was dewy to the point of making me look greasy. I have to set it every time I use it otherwise it will definitely get lifted off my face. Even if I set it, I can still feel it on my skin which is mildly uncomfortable for me. Once I set it though, it ends up being a very long lasting foundation that doesn't look cakey, drying or emphasise my pores. This will definitely even out your skin tone, but won't do much to cover acne spots. I won't repurchase because I don't like how it feels on my skin, and it takes a bit of effort to get it to the level of coverage I want.

on 7/26/2018 5:35:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is literally the best foundation ever. What I love about the Mac Face and Body Foundation is that it gives me a natural look: it actually feels, and looks like as if I’m wearing no foundation. And even though I have a really dry and red skin, it’s gives my face a good coverage. You can add more layers if you like for a medium coverage. It also hydrates my dry skin, and because of that I have no dry patches anymore. I’d really recommend this foundation!

Such a pretty foundation! Light coverage and buildable. Such a pretty finish

on 5/24/2018 11:59:00 AM

My skin I have sensitive oily combo skin and I have big pores on my nose and get a few spots and my skins very sensitive so I have redness

I tried this foundation when I was at my friends house as she recommended it me however, I have more sensitive combo oily and she has dry. I was really hesatint Wether to put it on as I saw lots of reviews online saying that they got cystic acne! But I didn’t believe it because my friend didn’t get any acne after wearing it. I applied it with my morphe y6 brush in stippling motions and it went on very airbrushed and I didn’t even add a primer! I added Laura Mercier setting powder as I have more oily skin, I would say it’s sheer coverage but could possibly build after about 3 hours of wearing I started to notice it was getting quite cakey on the forehead and very shiny around my nose.Also parts of the foundation started to separate on my chin and nose, it also felt very itchy on my skin through out the day and it oxides a shade darker too.When I got home I noticed raised bumps on my forehead and chin which weren’t there before also it left my face very irritated when I took it off! Highly do not recommend this foundation at all.

on 4/16/2018 3:51:00 PM

If you like a natural , lightweight and dewy finish this foundation could be for you! It’s a sheer / light coverage. If you prefer full coverage do not buy this!! Can be built up but not enough for medium coverage. It isn’t long lasting and can look oily throughout the day too. If you have oily skin either avoid or use a good powder. Packaging is a squeezy bottle which I like because it’s travel friendly & lightweight. In the UK it’s £25.50 which isn’t a bad price for a high end foundation. You can buy in a smaller bottle and in larger ones which I probably will do next time this runs out. This is one of my go to foundations and I have relatively clear but dry skin.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

I love the formula and the way it sits on my skin. Unfortunately, there is no matching shade available for me during the winter. I have very pale skin and a neutral skin tone, and the lightest foundation is just too pink. The alternative is the second lightest and it is too dark (a bit too yellow too). However, I can use it for some part of the summer before I get some actual tan going. I think it’s very sad, since I do love the formula. It’s moisturising and does not hide my freckles.

on 1/28/2018 4:44:00 PM

I really wanted t love this but... I put it on in the morning and it caked up, low coverage, and made me soooo shiny by the end of the day. This week I was trying out new ways to use old foundations, I found a way to use this that I liked, I don't really know how it was throughout the day because I hate looking in the mirror just in case I look awful but after three days of using it it broke me out a little and I don't want it to get any worse so I have stopped and will stop.

on 2/18/2017 8:19:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I used to love this foundation. It's lightweight, the finish is satin-dewy, it surprisingly covers my slight hyper pigmintation, lasts for hours, gives zero flashback. But it breaks me out, and it took me a while to realize. The product contains mica, talc, Cetyl alcohol (and some more) and they clog the pores, make the skin produce sebum, and cause acne. I wish I realized this sooner. I will have to throw this away, and Mac is the only brand who carries the right shade for me (C5, for reference cover fx g+60). Also this foundation separates so badly all over my face in 2 hours, this never happens to me. If you struggle with acne you can find a better foundation for your skin like cover fx and Becca

on 2/18/2017 4:49:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I have sensitive combo skin, dry in areas and oily in my t-zone. This foundation did not help me in any way as it made me look greasy all over (even when I set it with powder) and broke me out after a few weeks. I think it's sheer coverage, but you can build it up to medium without creasing, and I like that it doesn't feel too heavy on my skin. That's why I gave it 3/5 lipsticks. :))

I have normal skin, tends to get a bit dry during the winter. Face and Body is my absolute favourite foundation of all time. I love the way it sets easily on the face with a slightly dewy - "alive" finish and it never gets tacky, though you better set it with some powder. It is also extremely moisurizing which is perfect for my dry skin girls. Looks fantastic on mature skin as well.
It is a very buildable foundation and depending on your skin condition you can use it as a very thin layer of foundation just to start with a clean base or you can layer it to get a medium coverage and it will never cake. Also, it is so longlasting that after 12 hours I could still see some of it on my skin and it looked pretty good.
This is not a foundation for girls out there who are looking for some coverage, it is very light so looks good mostly on clear, not acne-prone skin, it does not have enough coverage to deal with blemishes.
Definetely the cons for me are the packaging - no pump and the price - since I am young I can't afford very pricey makeup.
I will say though that this is such a wise investment since this foundation lasts a very long time.