MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

Filtered by eye Color : Green
MAC Cosmetics Studio Face and Body Foundation

on 2/12/2019 11:22:00 AM

I love this foundation when my skin is looking good and I just need to even out some slight discoloration. It is sheer to light coverage but can be built with multiple applications.

The finish is so natural that it is hard to detect that I am wearing it it. I like to apply with a sponge and push into my skin rather than wiping across.

This topped with a light layering of MAC powder, and a little concealer under the eyes is just about all I wear during the warmer months on the Gulf Coast. It isn’t sweatproof, but when I sweat while wearing it I do not have trails running down my face nor do I look like my face is melting!

The Dior Backstage Face and Body Foundation is near an exact dupe, but more expensive. I will stick to my MAC!

on 1/23/2019 3:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Love this so much. My shade is C1.
It has replaced almost all my favourite foundations (most of them Erborians), as it doesn't conflict with any of my moisturizers or primers, is a breeze to apply, looks absolutely seamless and natural, but provides sheer coverage where you don't need much of it, and adding a layer gives you more coverage instantly, without looking like you have something on your skin.

Doesn't cause any problems to my sensitive/reactive skin.
It's light enough to be used in summer (though our summers are moderate and Northern climate-dryish), but I love it in winter, too.

My other absolute fav, that is also really quick and super-easy to use, with approximately the same amount of coverage, is Everyday Minerals Semi-Matte Base, in shade Golden Ivory 1W.

This foundation is a light coverage that is very buildable, and I've been able to build it to a solid medium coverage. If you're struggling with the application, try rubbing it in with your fingers instead of using a brush or a sponge because it's designed to give more coverage and last longer if you rub it in with fingers. This foundation is extremely dewy which sounds amazing for my dry skin but it ended up being a bit too dewy for my liking. It was dewy to the point of making me look greasy. I have to set it every time I use it otherwise it will definitely get lifted off my face. Even if I set it, I can still feel it on my skin which is mildly uncomfortable for me. Once I set it though, it ends up being a very long lasting foundation that doesn't look cakey, drying or emphasise my pores. This will definitely even out your skin tone, but won't do much to cover acne spots. I won't repurchase because I don't like how it feels on my skin, and it takes a bit of effort to get it to the level of coverage I want.

on 11/19/2018 10:08:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Fine

I've been using this since July, it's now late November, and this is my new standard light moisturizing foundation. I'd been looking since Estee Lauder d/c Double Wear Light, and reformulated it. I like this way better.

Light coverage. It won't hide the sunspots on my right cheekbone, but it does nicely blur them and somehow makes all red marks, freckles and sunspots blur into the background leaving a nice clean glowy finish that looks like my skin but radiant. No shimmer, just a dewy glowy look.

I have dry sensitive skin, oily T zone, rosacea, redness, sunspots, freckles and I'm NW15 in MAC. In Face and Body, N1 fits me perfectly.

No reactions, no pimples, no white bumps, red bumps or rashes. Just great looking skin that you can't tell I'm wearing any foundation on from morning till night.

It is sheer, but you can build a bit. If I'm really wanting to hide my sunspots on my cheekbone, or a really red spot, I dot a tiny bit of concealer on and tap it in, and set that with a kiss of finishing powder but most days I don't bother. This is my foundation for my no makeup makeup days.

I do set it very very lightly with a large fluffy brush and some translucent finishing powder if I'm using powder blush, but if I'm using Clinique's chubby stick cream blushes (Amp'd up Apple is a favourite) then I leave it dewy and it does just fine.

I love the extra moisture but for anyone with less than dry skin, you might need to set this for sure. For anyone with aging dry skin, it is wonderful. I wear it over top Jose Marans SPF 47 argan sunscreen which is also super moisturizing.

Just a suggestion, MAC will always give a nice sample to try so when you get them to figure out your shade take it home and try it in daylight. Some MAC people are better than others at matching people, others are right out to lunch and way off.

If you are NC or NW 15 or so then try the N1 first. If you are NC NW 20-25 try N2.

on 11/7/2018 4:54:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE THIS. On days I want a no makeup look? I use this. If I have other foundations that aren't quite right (too thick, cakey, etc) I add a squirt of this before applying and voila! That said, I have pretty good skin,and as most people know by now, this is almost nonexistant once on. It offers about no coverage, but it evens things out perfectly! It's not gonna cover anything really. The color is a perfect match for me, which helps when I mix it in with other stuff too. This is one makeup product that I'm NEVER without.

What can i say about this product..!! I never could imagine that i would like this product. I have very fair acne prone skin with a lots of red spots. Even its not the full coverage foundation that i probably would search for , its the best thing i 've ever put on my face. Build it up as much times as you want, you will never look cakey. I like the finish, i like that it is water resistant , its long lasting, i only powder my t zone. My skin never look so flawless and so alive with any other foundation and believe me i tried a lot from a lots of brands like dior , chanel , estee lauder, loreal etc. My skin never looked so alive , so bright. Skin looks like a skin not like a mask. Long lasting, hydrating without excess extra oil, fresh look skin , water proof, what else do you need? Perfect, i wish i had try it before i waste so much money trying to find the best foundation.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Medium

Beautiful foundation for both face and body. Gives skin a natural dewy look but has a wonderful coverage. It stays on well and doesn't smudge off at all. If I remember correctly this is waterproof?

I wish it came in a wider range of colors though.

on 10/14/2018 3:45:00 AM

best foundation ever

on 10/9/2018 3:41:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral

This is my favorite foundation I've tried. I have very dry skin and most foundations look dry and cakey on me, while others look greasy. This one looks completely natural, not noticeable on the skin. That's how it feels too, totally lightweight, almost like you aren't wearing any foundation. It doesn't transfer either. It has a light coverage (although can be built up to medium), some imperfections do stay visible, but it evens out the complexion and covers redness. I have the shade C1. I would definitely recommend this product if you have dry skin and don't need much coverage.

Such a pretty foundation! Light coverage and buildable. Such a pretty finish