CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

3.3

on 10/6/2010 1:28:00 PM

I bought the Travel Makeup Palette in ''Romantic Destination' in the duty-free shop abord an Air Canada flight between Sydney and Vancouver (apparently it's only available in duty-free shops).
It's a collection of very versatile, very pretty colors that I think would work well for most people (unfortunately, there are no names or even numbers to identify the colors, so I have no idea whether Chanel has put together shades from its existing collection or whether they were created especially for this palette.
There are four eyeshadows, all matte: a vanilla light beige, a soft taupe, a pale warm pink and a medium warm brown. They are not highly pigmented, but the staying power is excellent.
There is also a blush (a coral-brown, very flattering) and four lip colors: three creamy lipsticks, in pale pink, pale peach and soft fuchsia, and a shimmery sheer pale beige lip gloss.
The colors are perfect for an understated, polished, classic (and classy) look.
The palette comes in a velvet pouch with three applicators (for eyes, lips and cheeks) which are small and yet a bit bigger and easier to use than the small brushes which usually accompany pallettes.

on 1/12/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Soleil palette. I love the colors in this palette - they remind me of the summer collection colors out in 2006. That is why I bought it. The quality is better than the holiday palette I triedin the past, but the price tag is steeper, too but this is Chanel and if you purchased the items separately, they would be much more. I find the two lippies (middle colors) are drying. The glosses are sheer but pretty. The blush in the middle is more of a bronzer. The shadows have a nice glow to them and really make my blue eyes pop. I have trouble fitting in a regular sized brush and end up using the little blush brush that comes with it to apply the bronzer. The palette also has a shadow brush with a sponge tip and a lip brush. It come in a velvet pouch with places to store the brushes. If you use the small brushes, the top of the velvet case gets dirty, so you have to clean them good if you want it to stay clean. Not sorry I bought this but only gave it 4 lippies - there is some room for improvement if they are going to charge $85.00 for this.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well i went to the mall just so i could see the Chanel palettes..

They are not as small as some of the girls made it out to be. The SA confirmed that the eyeshadows are NOT the same quality.

Theyre sheerer than the singles but not sheer enough to where you cant see them on, they do have some pigment to them.They were a bit chalky and hard to blend. .. I wasnt too thrilled about the lipsticks/blush/bronzer in the same palette as you'd get powder all over the lipsticks. Who wants that?? They were really sheer on my Armani LSF 7/ MAC NC35ish skintone so imo theyre not worth the money.. The colors tend to look the same on me. Darker type ladies, Save your money for something better..

:), at least its everything we already knew it was going to be.