CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

on 10/18/2009 8:15:00 AM

I've been eyeing one of these Chanel palettes for a while, ever since Allure named it in it's best of beauty list last year. Mine is named 'Romantic Destination' and is supposed to be newly released item. However, after comparing with photos online, I think this palette is basically the same as the Naturelle palette which was released in 2007.

The palette has 4 eyeshadows, one blush and 4 lip colours. My favorites are the beige and light grey eyeshadow combi. The light pink eyeshadow is alright, but I find the brown shade a little muddy on my skin tone. The blush surprisingly looks really good on my skinstone. I thought it might be a little dark like a bronzer, but it's actually gives a lovely coral glow. The lip colours are on the sheer side, but overall I really love the palette and the shades are all very classic and subtle.

The brushes and case are really handy and everything is well made and of a nice quality, which is what you'd expect from Chanel.The palette is quite pricey but I think it's well worth the money if you're looking for something that gives a classic, pretty look.

on 1/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

I purchased the Lumiere Tendresse Palette, which is fast becoming my all-time favorite palette. What attracted me to the palette was the blush (a plummy, shimmery magenta-rose) that's very flattering on my fair skin. It is not too pigmented that I end up looking like a blushing clown, but goes on quite sheer but is very lasting.I also loved the combo of quad of eyeshadows - perfect for spring. This is a nice alternative to Laura Mercier's First Blush palette's eyeshadows, if you want the highlighting effect (I tried on First Blush and they were a little bland; though loved that they provided 2 blushes). And I have to rave about the lipgloss (plummy mauve) - the little lipbrush actually made the application a snap. The lipgloss seemed to be solid version of Blizzard (very similar), especially if you dip in the brush and see that the lipgloss (in the center) has shimmery gold as well deeper plummy tones.

I'll be bringing this when traveling this spring - it's small/light and has the nifty little travel pouch with travel brushes (1 lipgloss, 1 blush, 1 eyeshadow) - not the best quality but saves space and good enough for on-the-go.

But, yes, the price is quite steep at $85 a pop.