CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

1 review

on 1/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

I purchased the Lumiere Tendresse Palette, which is fast becoming my all-time favorite palette. What attracted me to the palette was the blush (a plummy, shimmery magenta-rose) that's very flattering on my fair skin. It is not too pigmented that I end up looking like a blushing clown, but goes on quite sheer but is very lasting.I also loved the combo of quad of eyeshadows - perfect for spring. This is a nice alternative to Laura Mercier's First Blush palette's eyeshadows, if you want the highlighting effect (I tried on First Blush and they were a little bland; though loved that they provided 2 blushes). And I have to rave about the lipgloss (plummy mauve) - the little lipbrush actually made the application a snap. The lipgloss seemed to be solid version of Blizzard (very similar), especially if you dip in the brush and see that the lipgloss (in the center) has shimmery gold as well deeper plummy tones.

I'll be bringing this when traveling this spring - it's small/light and has the nifty little travel pouch with travel brushes (1 lipgloss, 1 blush, 1 eyeshadow) - not the best quality but saves space and good enough for on-the-go.

But, yes, the price is quite steep at $85 a pop.