CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

Filtered by skin type : Combination
CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

on 10/6/2010 1:28:00 PM

I bought the Travel Makeup Palette in ''Romantic Destination' in the duty-free shop abord an Air Canada flight between Sydney and Vancouver (apparently it's only available in duty-free shops).
It's a collection of very versatile, very pretty colors that I think would work well for most people (unfortunately, there are no names or even numbers to identify the colors, so I have no idea whether Chanel has put together shades from its existing collection or whether they were created especially for this palette.
There are four eyeshadows, all matte: a vanilla light beige, a soft taupe, a pale warm pink and a medium warm brown. They are not highly pigmented, but the staying power is excellent.
There is also a blush (a coral-brown, very flattering) and four lip colors: three creamy lipsticks, in pale pink, pale peach and soft fuchsia, and a shimmery sheer pale beige lip gloss.
The colors are perfect for an understated, polished, classic (and classy) look.
The palette comes in a velvet pouch with three applicators (for eyes, lips and cheeks) which are small and yet a bit bigger and easier to use than the small brushes which usually accompany pallettes.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased Romantic Destination on a flight & i must say i am really impressed, it was my first ever Chanel makeup purchase & i'm really pleased! (:
The eyeshadow colors are really neutral which is what i really like & the texture was really smooth and nice! The lip and blush colours were great too. I was a tiny bit worried i would not be able to use the colours since i'm an NW42/45. But it worked out perfectly fine.
Pretty & good quality colours, good applicators and a really cute pouch to carry it all around. This is really all you need on a romantic getaway! (:
I would really love to try other palettes from Chanel sometime soon!! (:

on 10/18/2009 8:15:00 AM

I've been eyeing one of these Chanel palettes for a while, ever since Allure named it in it's best of beauty list last year. Mine is named 'Romantic Destination' and is supposed to be newly released item. However, after comparing with photos online, I think this palette is basically the same as the Naturelle palette which was released in 2007.

The palette has 4 eyeshadows, one blush and 4 lip colours. My favorites are the beige and light grey eyeshadow combi. The light pink eyeshadow is alright, but I find the brown shade a little muddy on my skin tone. The blush surprisingly looks really good on my skinstone. I thought it might be a little dark like a bronzer, but it's actually gives a lovely coral glow. The lip colours are on the sheer side, but overall I really love the palette and the shades are all very classic and subtle.

The brushes and case are really handy and everything is well made and of a nice quality, which is what you'd expect from Chanel.The palette is quite pricey but I think it's well worth the money if you're looking for something that gives a classic, pretty look.

on 1/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

I purchased the Lumiere Tendresse Palette, which is fast becoming my all-time favorite palette. What attracted me to the palette was the blush (a plummy, shimmery magenta-rose) that's very flattering on my fair skin. It is not too pigmented that I end up looking like a blushing clown, but goes on quite sheer but is very lasting.I also loved the combo of quad of eyeshadows - perfect for spring. This is a nice alternative to Laura Mercier's First Blush palette's eyeshadows, if you want the highlighting effect (I tried on First Blush and they were a little bland; though loved that they provided 2 blushes). And I have to rave about the lipgloss (plummy mauve) - the little lipbrush actually made the application a snap. The lipgloss seemed to be solid version of Blizzard (very similar), especially if you dip in the brush and see that the lipgloss (in the center) has shimmery gold as well deeper plummy tones.

I'll be bringing this when traveling this spring - it's small/light and has the nifty little travel pouch with travel brushes (1 lipgloss, 1 blush, 1 eyeshadow) - not the best quality but saves space and good enough for on-the-go.

But, yes, the price is quite steep at $85 a pop.

on 10/30/2007 2:15:00 PM

Honestly, I adore this palette. I initally bought it for travel since I needed something I could grab quickly for a flight and toss in my bag, but I loved it so much that I bought another since I am now using it for daily wear (like I needed more make up--but this is just so easy!). I prime my eyes with MAC paints in Stillife to punch up the color first, and use Orchid Rose blush along with the bronzer that comes with it. I like the lip colors because they are neutral, and sometimes I will top them with gloss in "Seashell" to also punch it up. I really get tons of compliments on my eyes when I wear this, especially when I use a coppery-brown liner (I have blue-green eyes and these colors work really well for my coloring). Anyway, this is the perfect "no-brainer" palette for me.