CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

Filtered by skin type : Other
CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

on 10/26/2007 2:18:00 PM

I got this in the warm 'Soleil' version and I think it's a nice palette, but nothing super special. It's great that it holds 4 eye colors, 4 lippies and a bronzer in one sleek compact, but the colors are a bit too neutral/mid-range. Not enough contrast and not lasting enough to justify the money. If I had no neutrals I'd go for it, but I have SB Gorgeous palette and it is better makeup, better colors and more for the money.

I really love this palette! I have it in the soleil version and find the colours to be very wearable and versatile. I am really happy that I didn't listen to the reviews on this one (no offense to the lovely ladies on MUA). I did not find the e/s to be chalky at all. In fact I found them to be very blendable with buildability and good colour payoff. The bronzer is the perfect colour for me and the lipsticks (while I wish they had more staying power) look very pretty on and really complete a healthy "bronze goddess" look. I travel a lot so I know this will come in handy for me. I pair it with either the black jade or noir kohl - I am going to try and pair it with the ambre kohl b/c I think that will look great also. I know that $85 is a steep price but I believe it was worth it
To give you a point of reference, I also have the fly high palette and thought that those e/s were chalky so when I went to the counter to look at these holiday palettes, I went in skeptical :)