Chanel Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

Chanel Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

4.2

on 5/11/2013 3:45:00 PM

First I was to register but they do not want show ingredients of thwe product. Why???????????????

on 10/6/2010 1:28:00 PM

I bought the Travel Makeup Palette in ''Romantic Destination' in the duty-free shop abord an Air Canada flight between Sydney and Vancouver (apparently it's only available in duty-free shops).
It's a collection of very versatile, very pretty colors that I think would work well for most people (unfortunately, there are no names or even numbers to identify the colors, so I have no idea whether Chanel has put together shades from its existing collection or whether they were created especially for this palette.
There are four eyeshadows, all matte: a vanilla light beige, a soft taupe, a pale warm pink and a medium warm brown. They are not highly pigmented, but the staying power is excellent.
There is also a blush (a coral-brown, very flattering) and four lip colors: three creamy lipsticks, in pale pink, pale peach and soft fuchsia, and a shimmery sheer pale beige lip gloss.
The colors are perfect for an understated, polished, classic (and classy) look.
The palette comes in a velvet pouch with three applicators (for eyes, lips and cheeks) which are small and yet a bit bigger and easier to use than the small brushes which usually accompany pallettes.

on 1/12/2008 3:47:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I purchased the Soleil palette. I love the colors in this palette - they remind me of the summer collection colors out in 2006. That is why I bought it. The quality is better than the holiday palette I triedin the past, but the price tag is steeper, too but this is Chanel and if you purchased the items separately, they would be much more. I find the two lippies (middle colors) are drying. The glosses are sheer but pretty. The blush in the middle is more of a bronzer. The shadows have a nice glow to them and really make my blue eyes pop. I have trouble fitting in a regular sized brush and end up using the little blush brush that comes with it to apply the bronzer. The palette also has a shadow brush with a sponge tip and a lip brush. It come in a velvet pouch with places to store the brushes. If you use the small brushes, the top of the velvet case gets dirty, so you have to clean them good if you want it to stay clean. Not sorry I bought this but only gave it 4 lippies - there is some room for improvement if they are going to charge $85.00 for this.

on 10/18/2009 8:15:00 AM

I've been eyeing one of these Chanel palettes for a while, ever since Allure named it in it's best of beauty list last year. Mine is named 'Romantic Destination' and is supposed to be newly released item. However, after comparing with photos online, I think this palette is basically the same as the Naturelle palette which was released in 2007.

The palette has 4 eyeshadows, one blush and 4 lip colours. My favorites are the beige and light grey eyeshadow combi. The light pink eyeshadow is alright, but I find the brown shade a little muddy on my skin tone. The blush surprisingly looks really good on my skinstone. I thought it might be a little dark like a bronzer, but it's actually gives a lovely coral glow. The lip colours are on the sheer side, but overall I really love the palette and the shades are all very classic and subtle.

The brushes and case are really handy and everything is well made and of a nice quality, which is what you'd expect from Chanel.The palette is quite pricey but I think it's well worth the money if you're looking for something that gives a classic, pretty look.

on 1/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

I purchased the Lumiere Tendresse Palette, which is fast becoming my all-time favorite palette. What attracted me to the palette was the blush (a plummy, shimmery magenta-rose) that's very flattering on my fair skin. It is not too pigmented that I end up looking like a blushing clown, but goes on quite sheer but is very lasting.I also loved the combo of quad of eyeshadows - perfect for spring. This is a nice alternative to Laura Mercier's First Blush palette's eyeshadows, if you want the highlighting effect (I tried on First Blush and they were a little bland; though loved that they provided 2 blushes). And I have to rave about the lipgloss (plummy mauve) - the little lipbrush actually made the application a snap. The lipgloss seemed to be solid version of Blizzard (very similar), especially if you dip in the brush and see that the lipgloss (in the center) has shimmery gold as well deeper plummy tones.

I'll be bringing this when traveling this spring - it's small/light and has the nifty little travel pouch with travel brushes (1 lipgloss, 1 blush, 1 eyeshadow) - not the best quality but saves space and good enough for on-the-go.

But, yes, the price is quite steep at $85 a pop.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased Romantic Destination on a flight & i must say i am really impressed, it was my first ever Chanel makeup purchase & i'm really pleased! (:
The eyeshadow colors are really neutral which is what i really like & the texture was really smooth and nice! The lip and blush colours were great too. I was a tiny bit worried i would not be able to use the colours since i'm an NW42/45. But it worked out perfectly fine.
Pretty & good quality colours, good applicators and a really cute pouch to carry it all around. This is really all you need on a romantic getaway! (:
I would really love to try other palettes from Chanel sometime soon!! (:

on 10/26/2007 2:18:00 PM

I got this in the warm 'Soleil' version and I think it's a nice palette, but nothing super special. It's great that it holds 4 eye colors, 4 lippies and a bronzer in one sleek compact, but the colors are a bit too neutral/mid-range. Not enough contrast and not lasting enough to justify the money. If I had no neutrals I'd go for it, but I have SB Gorgeous palette and it is better makeup, better colors and more for the money.

on 10/30/2007 2:15:00 PM

Honestly, I adore this palette. I initally bought it for travel since I needed something I could grab quickly for a flight and toss in my bag, but I loved it so much that I bought another since I am now using it for daily wear (like I needed more make up--but this is just so easy!). I prime my eyes with MAC paints in Stillife to punch up the color first, and use Orchid Rose blush along with the bronzer that comes with it. I like the lip colors because they are neutral, and sometimes I will top them with gloss in "Seashell" to also punch it up. I really get tons of compliments on my eyes when I wear this, especially when I use a coppery-brown liner (I have blue-green eyes and these colors work really well for my coloring). Anyway, this is the perfect "no-brainer" palette for me.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well i went to the mall just so i could see the Chanel palettes..

They are not as small as some of the girls made it out to be. The SA confirmed that the eyeshadows are NOT the same quality.

Theyre sheerer than the singles but not sheer enough to where you cant see them on, they do have some pigment to them.They were a bit chalky and hard to blend. .. I wasnt too thrilled about the lipsticks/blush/bronzer in the same palette as you'd get powder all over the lipsticks. Who wants that?? They were really sheer on my Armani LSF 7/ MAC NC35ish skintone so imo theyre not worth the money.. The colors tend to look the same on me. Darker type ladies, Save your money for something better..

:), at least its everything we already knew it was going to be.

I really love this palette! I have it in the soleil version and find the colours to be very wearable and versatile. I am really happy that I didn't listen to the reviews on this one (no offense to the lovely ladies on MUA). I did not find the e/s to be chalky at all. In fact I found them to be very blendable with buildability and good colour payoff. The bronzer is the perfect colour for me and the lipsticks (while I wish they had more staying power) look very pretty on and really complete a healthy "bronze goddess" look. I travel a lot so I know this will come in handy for me. I pair it with either the black jade or noir kohl - I am going to try and pair it with the ambre kohl b/c I think that will look great also. I know that $85 is a steep price but I believe it was worth it
To give you a point of reference, I also have the fly high palette and thought that those e/s were chalky so when I went to the counter to look at these holiday palettes, I went in skeptical :)