CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

CHANEL Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette
Collection Essentielle Multi-Use Makeup Palette

3.7

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Well i went to the mall just so i could see the Chanel palettes..

They are not as small as some of the girls made it out to be. The SA confirmed that the eyeshadows are NOT the same quality.

Theyre sheerer than the singles but not sheer enough to where you cant see them on, they do have some pigment to them.They were a bit chalky and hard to blend. .. I wasnt too thrilled about the lipsticks/blush/bronzer in the same palette as you'd get powder all over the lipsticks. Who wants that?? They were really sheer on my Armani LSF 7/ MAC NC35ish skintone so imo theyre not worth the money.. The colors tend to look the same on me. Darker type ladies, Save your money for something better..

:), at least its everything we already knew it was going to be.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

I purchased Romantic Destination on a flight & i must say i am really impressed, it was my first ever Chanel makeup purchase & i'm really pleased! (:
The eyeshadow colors are really neutral which is what i really like & the texture was really smooth and nice! The lip and blush colours were great too. I was a tiny bit worried i would not be able to use the colours since i'm an NW42/45. But it worked out perfectly fine.
Pretty & good quality colours, good applicators and a really cute pouch to carry it all around. This is really all you need on a romantic getaway! (:
I would really love to try other palettes from Chanel sometime soon!! (:

on 1/18/2009 12:49:00 PM

I purchased the Lumiere Tendresse Palette, which is fast becoming my all-time favorite palette. What attracted me to the palette was the blush (a plummy, shimmery magenta-rose) that's very flattering on my fair skin. It is not too pigmented that I end up looking like a blushing clown, but goes on quite sheer but is very lasting.I also loved the combo of quad of eyeshadows - perfect for spring. This is a nice alternative to Laura Mercier's First Blush palette's eyeshadows, if you want the highlighting effect (I tried on First Blush and they were a little bland; though loved that they provided 2 blushes). And I have to rave about the lipgloss (plummy mauve) - the little lipbrush actually made the application a snap. The lipgloss seemed to be solid version of Blizzard (very similar), especially if you dip in the brush and see that the lipgloss (in the center) has shimmery gold as well deeper plummy tones.

I'll be bringing this when traveling this spring - it's small/light and has the nifty little travel pouch with travel brushes (1 lipgloss, 1 blush, 1 eyeshadow) - not the best quality but saves space and good enough for on-the-go.

But, yes, the price is quite steep at $85 a pop.