LUSH Curly Wurly

LUSH Curly Wurly

3.6

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Dessicated Coconut (Cocos nucifera) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Water (Aqua) , Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Glycerl Stearate

on 8/23/2016 9:28:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

I really wanted to like this shampoo. It has good ingredients and smells amazing. Unfortunately washing it out was a nightmare. The small pieces of coconut got trapped in my curly hair and would not rinse out. I ended up using the rest of it as a body wash. This is only good for folks with loose curls. If you have curly or kinky hair be careful.

One of my favorite shampoo :) this is more pragmatic than the solid shampoos from Lush.

Love the coconut smell, great for people with dry hair or long hair.

Love this stuff! I have wavy/curly hair with tendency to be frizzy and this shampoo gives me the exact amount of moisture I need and makes my hair curly but shiny. I don't even use conditioner! I've been using Curly Wurly for about a year and a half now and it took about 3 months after I started to see a difference. I love the coconut smell which lasts for about 3 days in my hair. The only annoying thing is, that the pieces of coconut are a bit messy, but that's just a small detail. I definitely would repurchase this product as it's the best shampoo I've ever had.

on 7/11/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

To sum up this shampoo in one word i would say moisturising. I have naturally curly/wavy and dry hair (long ish) which also tends to get crazy knotty and get split ends.
This is a moisturising shampoo therefore great for anyone who has dry hair. You only need a little bit which goes a long way. It lathers well... the trick is to get the product in your palm and add a little water to lather then apply. The shampoo contains shredded coconut so expect to find bits of coconut on the floor when blow drying your hair if you have curly/wavy hair lol. It smells edibly luscious of coconuts and leaves your hair smelling lovely until you wash again.
Despite this being moisturising.. it isn't heavy so don't skip on using conditioner.
It's a nice shampoo, messy and leaves hair soft and moisturised. It is a little pricey but not bad if you use different shampoos in between.

on 6/10/2016 12:31:00 PM

I sprung for this without getting a sample because I was so confident I'd love it. the first three times i used it, it lathered ridiculously and made my hair unbearably dry and frizzy - the third time i had to cowash it afterwards just to get a comb through it.
I refused to give up after reading the rave reviews, especially the ones that said it didn't lather because mine sure did, so I knew it was an issue on my end. the next time I used it, I only used about a nickel-sized amount of it. turns out, that's the secret and I could tell just by touching it in the shower it felt so much better.
I followed up with retread and hair custard like I always do, and this time it dried so soft and so bouncy and curly it's like a totally different shampoo and I'm in love with this one and it is amazing.
the product smells great if you like coconut and makes your hair nice and shiny and beautiful. I've never had an issue with the coconut flakes the others have mentioned, they all rinse right out and any that don't are removed with conditioner. the only reason I gave it 4/5 is because it's easy to use too much and if you do, it's an issue.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

omg i love love love this product! I've been straightening my hair for years and have done some damage to it. I've decided to let my hair go natural, its pretty wavey with a few curls. curly wurly makes my hair feel and look great. i get so many comments about how great my hair is looking. It smells great! I find it easy to wash out. I use this product alone or sometimes i follow up with American cream also from lush. I definitely will be re purchasing this product over and over again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy moly Curly Wurly!! I don't use much of this to work into a creamy lather & I only need to wash my hair once when w cheap shampoos in order to go at my greasy roots I would wash 3-5x whereas w all Lush shampoos i only require one step & it's taken the drudgery out of shampooing my hair! My hair looks like 3A with this, it's reviving the curl I tried to kill by flag ironing my hair for years. I know it will take a few more treatments. I am so impressed! I'm buying a drain catcher just in case on the coco flakes but I didn't have any stuck in my hair. I follow w Amer. Cream condish & my hair smells amazing & looks really good! Both are HG! I love the Lush philosophy w environmental/cruelty-free practices. This is only my 2nd trip to the lush counter LOL already addicted!! Loving my curly hair (for once!!).

Edit 9/26/15: still loving my curly Wurly I got a back up as a gift so I'm def a curly Wurly devotee. I got my hair cut into a retro 50s curl short & it is an awesome shampoo for it. I cannot say enough good things about LUSH!!

on 7/13/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is fantastic! I have thick hair with loose curls, and the awesome coconut bits rinse right out very easily. My hair is also dark brown and has some purple highlights. I was worried it may strip the color, but it did just the opposite. My purple highlight color actually lasted longer than it ever has! I use this shampoo along with the the Lush Retread conditioner and my hair is soft and beautiful for days. I love it. I plan on trying the "Blousy" shampoo next.

on 7/7/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Hair gets clean alright but all those coconut shreds get stuck in very curly hair.You're left with a dry tangled mess.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I hate the bits of coconut. Smells nice but does nothing a good scrub with conditioner (co-wash) wouldn't do. UGhhhhh such a waste. now I'm just trying to use it up. If only I could use it on my dog (I can't, it's not meant for dogs).