LUSH Curly Wurly

LUSH Curly Wurly

3.6

Ammonium Lauryl Sulfate , Dessicated Coconut (Cocos nucifera) , Cetearyl Alcohol , Propylene Glycol , Water (Aqua) , Fresh Organic Lemon Juice (Citrus limonum) , Glycerl Stearate

Love this stuff! I have wavy/curly hair with tendency to be frizzy and this shampoo gives me the exact amount of moisture I need and makes my hair curly but shiny. I don't even use conditioner! I've been using Curly Wurly for about a year and a half now and it took about 3 months after I started to see a difference. I love the coconut smell which lasts for about 3 days in my hair. The only annoying thing is, that the pieces of coconut are a bit messy, but that's just a small detail. I definitely would repurchase this product as it's the best shampoo I've ever had.

on 7/11/2016 6:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

To sum up this shampoo in one word i would say moisturising. I have naturally curly/wavy and dry hair (long ish) which also tends to get crazy knotty and get split ends.
This is a moisturising shampoo therefore great for anyone who has dry hair. You only need a little bit which goes a long way. It lathers well... the trick is to get the product in your palm and add a little water to lather then apply. The shampoo contains shredded coconut so expect to find bits of coconut on the floor when blow drying your hair if you have curly/wavy hair lol. It smells edibly luscious of coconuts and leaves your hair smelling lovely until you wash again.
Despite this being moisturising.. it isn't heavy so don't skip on using conditioner.
It's a nice shampoo, messy and leaves hair soft and moisturised. It is a little pricey but not bad if you use different shampoos in between.

To Read all 103 Reviews, Login or Join

on 6/10/2016 12:31:00 PM

I sprung for this without getting a sample because I was so confident I'd love it. the first three times i used it, it lathered ridiculously and made my hair unbearably dry and frizzy - the third time i had to cowash it afterwards just to get a comb through it.
I refused to give up after reading the rave reviews, especially the ones that said it didn't lather because mine sure did, so I knew it was an issue on my end. the next time I used it, I only used about a nickel-sized amount of it. turns out, that's the secret and I could tell just by touching it in the shower it felt so much better.
I followed up with retread and hair custard like I always do, and this time it dried so soft and so bouncy and curly it's like a totally different shampoo and I'm in love with this one and it is amazing.
the product smells great if you like coconut and makes your hair nice and shiny and beautiful. I've never had an issue with the coconut flakes the others have mentioned, they all rinse right out and any that don't are removed with conditioner. the only reason I gave it 4/5 is because it's easy to use too much and if you do, it's an issue.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

omg i love love love this product! I've been straightening my hair for years and have done some damage to it. I've decided to let my hair go natural, its pretty wavey with a few curls. curly wurly makes my hair feel and look great. i get so many comments about how great my hair is looking. It smells great! I find it easy to wash out. I use this product alone or sometimes i follow up with American cream also from lush. I definitely will be re purchasing this product over and over again!

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Holy moly Curly Wurly!! I don't use much of this to work into a creamy lather & I only need to wash my hair once when w cheap shampoos in order to go at my greasy roots I would wash 3-5x whereas w all Lush shampoos i only require one step & it's taken the drudgery out of shampooing my hair! My hair looks like 3A with this, it's reviving the curl I tried to kill by flag ironing my hair for years. I know it will take a few more treatments. I am so impressed! I'm buying a drain catcher just in case on the coco flakes but I didn't have any stuck in my hair. I follow w Amer. Cream condish & my hair smells amazing & looks really good! Both are HG! I love the Lush philosophy w environmental/cruelty-free practices. This is only my 2nd trip to the lush counter LOL already addicted!! Loving my curly hair (for once!!).

Edit 9/26/15: still loving my curly Wurly I got a back up as a gift so I'm def a curly Wurly devotee. I got my hair cut into a retro 50s curl short & it is an awesome shampoo for it. I cannot say enough good things about LUSH!!

on 7/13/2015 4:39:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This shampoo is fantastic! I have thick hair with loose curls, and the awesome coconut bits rinse right out very easily. My hair is also dark brown and has some purple highlights. I was worried it may strip the color, but it did just the opposite. My purple highlight color actually lasted longer than it ever has! I use this shampoo along with the the Lush Retread conditioner and my hair is soft and beautiful for days. I love it. I plan on trying the "Blousy" shampoo next.

on 7/7/2015 1:18:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

Hair gets clean alright but all those coconut shreds get stuck in very curly hair.You're left with a dry tangled mess.

Skin: Very Dry, Medium, Neutral

I hate the bits of coconut. Smells nice but does nothing a good scrub with conditioner (co-wash) wouldn't do. UGhhhhh such a waste. now I'm just trying to use it up. If only I could use it on my dog (I can't, it's not meant for dogs).

on 6/1/2015 3:49:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

Im very on the fence about this one. I have a lot of hair and its very big and very curly, so shampoo and conditioner is something that i take quite seriously. When I got the sample from lush i fell in love with this, but when i went back to buy the actual container and i didn't feel it did my hair justice anymore. It doesn't lather up at all so that throws me off. It's also kind of hard to evenly distribute throughout my hair, but that could just be because i have so much. My hair isn't thick so it's not hard to wash but i feel I have a harder time when I use this shampoo. I do love the smell and it does last a long time, but theres nothing so special about it that makes me wanna pay $25 for this again.

on 5/2/2015 5:20:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

I hate this schampoo. My scalp gets oily on second day and the coconutflakes are a pain in the a** to remove! this is a time-consuming, worthless product!!!!!

I have fine/thin wavy hair (type 2a) and I only wash my hair once a week (because my scalp doesn't get oily easy).
So, the reason I use schampoo, is to remove dirt from my SCALP (if my scalp is dirty, I loose volume and the hair is looking greasy). I NEVER wash my ends, since they're dry and don't get dirty EVER.

This schampoo is moisturizing, and I enjoy that. BUT - it contains actual tiny flakes of coconut . Why you may ask? I do not know. The flakes do not provide any sort of moisture since they're not liquid.
After rinsing out schampoo and conditioner (which I only apply to my lengths, they need the moisture, not my scalp!!!!) I find these flakes in my hair. It is really annoying and time-consuming to remove the flakes from my hair, but I have to, otherwise I look stupid with coconutflakes in my hair.

My solution to remove the flakes in the shower? I condition my scalp (bad bad move..), so the slip makes the flakes rinse out completly, or I use friction/ extreme rubbing to get them out.
Conditioning my scalp and/or rubbing the flakes out makes my scalp oily on second day/third day!!! That is extremly unusual, since I have a healthy scalp that does not get oily easliy..

cons:
-Gets a oily scalp too quickly
- Require work to remove flakes
- timeconsuming
- no great results