Sensodyne - Pronamel

4.2

Aqua, Sorbitol, Hydrated Silica, Glycerin, Potassium Nitrate (5 w/w), PEG-6, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Aroma, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Saccharin, Sodium Fluoride (0.315 w/w), Titanium Dioxide, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Anise Alcohol

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

For some reason, this toothpaste really killed my gums. I continually had inflamed and bleeding gums while using this toothpaste. Unfortunately, I didn't make the connection until I'd used up the tube. I moved on to Tom's of Maine Sensitive Toothpaste, and suddenly my gums were fine. Regular Sensodyne was also fine for me, but this Pronamel stuff was horrible!

Active Ingredients: Potassium Nitrate (5%), Sodium Fluoride (0.15% w/v Fluoride Ion). Inactive Ingredients: Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Flavor, Glycerin, Hydrated Silica, PEG 8, Sodium Hydroxide, Sodium Saccharin, Sorbitol, Titanium Dioxide, Water, Xanthan Gum. continued >>

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Every six months or so, I have to use a toothpaste for sensitive teeth for about a month, and then I can use any old thing after that. I recently tried this new type from Sensodyne, a brand I love! It's supposed to help restore the enamel in your teeth, but it has the same two active ingredients as all the other Sensodynes. I bought it anyway, and threw it away after two uses. I don't know if it works to help tooth sensitivity, but the flavor 'mintessense' tastes like I brushed my teeth with a garbage bag!! After waking up the next morning tasting like I'd chewed on a toilet brush all night, I used it first thing in the morning and spent the rest of the morning wishing I'd just gotten it over with and licked the garbage can. It is soooo bad, UGH! I ended up buying the original formula, I recommend that one.

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I was on the lookout for an SLS free toothpaste because SLS dries out my lips. When I saw that this was marketed for sensitive teeth, I grabbed it and expected to love it. The consistency and the taste of this product is great - just like any normal toothpaste. However, after using it for a few weeks I realized that it makes my gums bleed (??). I mentioned it in passing to my brother, who also has sensitive teeth, and he told me that this phenomenon has been reported by others. I'm not sure what ingredient in here is capable of making gums bleed, but I don't think it's appropriate for sensitive teeth.

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

I purchased a tube of Sensodyne® ProNamel™ one day when I ran out of toothpaste and was suffering from tooth pain. For some reason, the ProNamel™ didn't numb the pain like the regular Sensodyne® toothpastes do for me. I've reverted back to the regular line since; however, I've noticed that I'm not limited to just Sensodyne to help relieve my tooth pain. Aquafresh also has a sensitive toothpaste with 5% Potassium Nitrate which appears to be the key ingredient to the numbing effect. So, now I just look for cheap store brand toothpastes that list KNO3 rather than paying the $4.00 CAD premium.

Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure

I suffer from sensitive teeth, which i have to avoid certain foods. I started using Sensodyne tooth paste after a friend at work recommend it to me. I have to say it hasn't worked wonders for me though i feel it has made a slight difference. Would i continue buying it ? YES for now.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Meh. I put a yes for repurchase even though I'm not terribly in love with this. It is a good toothpaste but I have a few issues with it. More than anything I hate the taste. It's soapy to me, not minty. My teeth are not left feeling super clean due to the flavor. The price is okay given the fact it does more than the regular toothpaste (enamel protection!) but it's not dirt cheap either.

I drink a ton of soda and eat a bunch of junkfood. I'm not positive how much this has helped but I do like to believe that the science behind the active ingredient does work it's magic on my enamel. That's better than doing nothing.

I think I will try out the mouthwash version by Sensodyne and if I like that I'll switch back to Crest Optic White (much more refreshing taste) and then follow up with the Sensodyne mouthwash.

There's this fresh mint taste I have grown used to after brushing my teeth, so sensodyne is taking some getting used to. The taste is weird. But I'm using it because my boyfriend testified that it works on staining and sensitivity.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I hate that it doesn't give my mouth the feel of freshness that brushing teeth usually does (probably because the scent isn't as strong which most people like I guess), it hasn't helped my teeth sensitivity either. Wouldn't repurchase.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I am sensitive to SLS. When I use toothpaste with SLS in it, I get canker sores. I’ve tried a variety of SLS-free toothpastes over the years, and Sensodyne Pronamel is the one I come back to. First, no SLS-free toothpaste tastes great. Why? I don’t know (SLS just makes toothpaste foam). But I have yet to come across one with a nice minty flavor (or any pleasant flavor). None are in gel form; all are paste. They all taste... I don’t know, off somehow. Moreover, all SLS-free toothpastes are more expensive than regular toothpastes. Again, I have no idea why. Finally, they’re only a few of them out there: in addition to Pronamel, there is one by Remington, and Biotene. I’m not aware of any others (I’ve heard Tom’s of Maine may have some SLS-free toothpastes, too, but cannot confirm). As for Pronamel itself, it’s a standard SLS-free toothpaste, cheaper than the other SLS-free toothpaste options, tastes acceptable, and cleans well.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Silver, Wavy, Coarse

I've tried other toothpastes for sensitive teeth and this one does the best job at reducing sensitivity. It's often sold in a double pack, which saves a little money, so I like to buy it that way when I can.

Popular Other Products