MAC satin

Filtered by eye Color : Hazel
No Image

3.6

I use it in wintertime, because my skin often lacks the glow and a fresh look, when its cold and dark.
Im a NC 20 with acne-prone combination skin.
With other fondations, I often felt they gave a too mat and unnatural looking skin. It gives a soft glow and makes your skin look even and bright.
In summertime however, I prefer an tinted moisturizer, because when the sun shines on your skin, I feel that the glow in this foundation is a little bit too much.
No breakouts or other bad reactions.

on 2/18/2011 7:57:00 PM

i never used mac before buyin this foundation and unfortunatly got a colour too dark for me :( so i dont really wear it as an overall foundation now just for contouring. But it does apply really easily and evenly leaves a nice glow however i can feel it sitting on my skin and it did give me a few spots :(

on 7/21/2004 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I read reviews on this site I often think some of them are unfair simply because people buy the wrong products for their skintype, skin colour, etc, and then rate the product poorly. This is a good foundation for the right skintype. Good for people with normal, normal-dry skin looking for med-light coverage. My beef is with the sunscreen: SPF8 is pointless - SPF should always be at least SPF 15. Anyways, it has a nice finish and blends well for me. This is not nearly as light coverage as some reviews would seem to lead you to believe. Lancome Colour ID for example is much lighter.

I purchased this product in NC35 along with the MAC Foundation Blush. Firstly, when it came in the mail, I was very disapointed in the size of the bottle. It's quite small for the price!

It does feel nice and it's not rubbing off but I personally need maximum coverage and it didn't supply that whatsoever.

I recommend this to someone who needs light coverage. This just wasn't for me. I would not purchase this again.

on 1/29/2003 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This felt like I was wearing a heavy mask. It sunk into every pore on my face and made them look 100000x bigger. After 30 minutes my face was oily and shiny and it ended up breaking me out and leaving my face red and itchy. YUCK!!

on 1/5/2003 5:33:00 PM

I like light coverage, and my combination skin gets very dry in places in winter, so this has been an excellent choice for me. The Satin formula blends effortlessly and gives me a nice "dewy" finish which I prefer. Worth trying if you like light coverage and your skin tends to be dry.

on 12/15/2002 1:25:00 AM

I think I may have found my ideal foundation in this. MAC are the only company that have ever been able to make a foundation that has matched my porcelain complexion perfectly. With a light application of this, with Studio Tech powdered lightly on top, in my opinion this makes for a gorgeous, glowing natural look.