MAC Cosmetics satin

Filtered by eye Color : Brown
No Image

3.2

on 1/3/2011 2:17:00 AM

I read the reviews and was scared to try it. But i was curious so I bought it anyway. I am a NC30 and I just fell in love with this product. It didn't make my skin orange or sparkle. It had a nice sheer light weight feel and it did make my skin glow. Not oily at all. I used it with my HD makeup forever primer and I also tried it with MAC's prep + prime and both times it worked great with my skin. This is not a full coverage foundation so if you are trying to cover up blemishes it's not the right one for you or if you have blemishes, studio fix will be a better pick. Also this is perfect for the winter wear and it doesn't come off after couple of hours unless you take it off. I even fell asleep with it on and so far no break out.

This is my first time buying anything/trying MAC. I love how it has a shimmer to it but it gives me too much shine. The only "problem" I have with my skin are the light spots on my cheekbones and this foundation covers them well. If you want a natural, sheer coverage, this is for you. I was a little hesitant about the price but after using it , I realized this is actually a great buy. Plus I only use two pumps when applying it so this bottle will last me a while.

on 5/19/2004 12:30:00 PM

I'm sure there are much better things out there. But it was fun while it lasted. I'm searching for something better and more worthwhile.

STINKS like Play-dough and the product burns my eyes like hell. Too bad,it was a perfect coulour match to my skin.

This is by far the best foundation i have tried ! The color matches perfectly to my bronze colored skin. The formula is light but, but it can be layered to provide medium coverage. It blends seemlessly, glows and looks completley natural: people compliment me on my"perfect skin" , not knowing its really my foundation. However i dont recomend it if you need a lot of coverage, it doesnt hide blemishes.

It's okay. Somewhat of a disappointment compared to other MAC products. Tends to separate after a while and has this oily film as the top layer. Tends to streak easily.

on 11/28/2003 3:13:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

I have this one in NC30, the perfect match for me.
I have normal to dry skin and the formula is the BEST for me.
I have try lot of fondation but this is THE ONE!

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I was soo disappointed with this foundation considering how I love MAC's other products (lipstick, eyeshadow). It felt greasy on my combo skin. The smell was a little weird too. I wear foundation on a daily basis so naturally, I have to love it, and unfortunately, I did not.

on 7/1/2003 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure

Not bad but comparing to MAC face and body..this lacks. Again the foundation was a little hard to apply. Didn't go on smoothly. The color I use was a perfect match and it did cover well but I had to really blend it and I hate that!

on 5/16/2003 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love what this does with my skin. I apply it with my Who's the Fairest? foundation brush and it just disappears into my skin, leaving me with an even tone, no problem. Have not noticed any increase in acne. I don't need to powder this, either, which is nice. I don't have visible pores and no wrinkles (OK, one on teh left side of my nose that's irking me big time), so color correction is my main concern, and this foundation comes through nicely.