MAC satin

Filtered by eye Color : Blue
No Image

3.7

on 4/29/2007 5:16:00 PM

I used to use MAC Satin foundation in NC20. The color was beautiful & the foundation went on very sheer. However, even after setting it with powder, it would disappear before the end of the work day....& I have mostly dry skin with occasional T zone oiliness. I prefer MAC Face & Body (N1), sold only at MAC stores, MAC Studio Tech (NW15) or Physicians Formula Pressed Powder mineral foundation in Translucent Light. I hate MAC's shimmery fake looking mineral foundations. Maybe the Satin foundation formula has changed, as people say it is thick.

on 7/14/2004 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mediocre at best, I say. If all you need is a sheer foundation, then this could very well be just what you're looking for (especially with MAC's wonderful range of colors). But for those of us (like me!) who want to build coverage here and there, this doesn't fit the bill. It clumps/cakes once layered and looks unnatural. It looks fabulous when I'm having a great skin day--but then, what's the point?

on 5/16/2004 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad that I decided to go into the MAC store near my work yesterday! Since Lancome discontinued both Maquilibre and their tinted version of Bienfait Totale, I've been a little nervous about what I would use as a foundation. I only need a very sheer level of coverage in an oil-free formula, but the problem arises when trying to find a match for my alabaster skin with cool undertones. As much as I love the consistency and coverage of many foundations I have recently tried, most are just too dark or too yellow to work for me.

Anyhow, MAC has done an amazing job with the Satin foundation in NC15. The colour is a perfect match for me and the formula is awesome! I admit that I still would prefer Maquilibre, but this will substitute nicely. It glides on smoothly and with just a little blending, it sets right in. Also, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas and works to minimize pores. I'm very impressed with its performance thus far. Way to go MAC!

on 10/28/2002 9:23:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I have been using MAC studiofix, but it is a little too drying for the cooler weather. I tried the Satin finish foundation and love the texture. It provides light to med coverage and doesn't make my combo/oily skin too oily or dry or highlight flakes. Give it a try if you have combo skin.

on 2/1/2002 12:28:00 PM

I thought this was totally average. Very basic product. For a light, satiny makeup I would prefer px virtual skin. I swapped this. Nothing wrong with it, just a bit boring!

on 8/7/2001 8:27:00 PM

I like the consistency of this foundation, but found that it was very difficult to get a color match. The NC colors were too warm, and the NW were too pink. I had to add some NW to the NC formula to make my own color. I must say that I always get compliments on my skin when I wear this, and it really does improve the appearance of my skin.

on 6/16/2001 8:38:00 PM

I love MAC's satin foundation, especially in the summertime. It's a very lightweight, sheer-to-medium coverage liquid foundation that leaves skin every-so-slightly dewy. It comes in many shades from MAC's newer color system (i.e. NC15) and dries to a beautiful and lightweight finish. I oftentimes do not need to powder after applying this foundation. Definitely one of my favs!