MAC Cosmetics satin

Filtered by hair type : Straight
No Image

I use it in wintertime, because my skin often lacks the glow and a fresh look, when its cold and dark.
Im a NC 20 with acne-prone combination skin.
With other fondations, I often felt they gave a too mat and unnatural looking skin. It gives a soft glow and makes your skin look even and bright.
In summertime however, I prefer an tinted moisturizer, because when the sun shines on your skin, I feel that the glow in this foundation is a little bit too much.
No breakouts or other bad reactions.

on 4/29/2007 5:16:00 PM

I used to use MAC Satin foundation in NC20. The color was beautiful & the foundation went on very sheer. However, even after setting it with powder, it would disappear before the end of the work day....& I have mostly dry skin with occasional T zone oiliness. I prefer MAC Face & Body (N1), sold only at MAC stores, MAC Studio Tech (NW15) or Physicians Formula Pressed Powder mineral foundation in Translucent Light. I hate MAC's shimmery fake looking mineral foundations. Maybe the Satin foundation formula has changed, as people say it is thick.

on 5/16/2004 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad that I decided to go into the MAC store near my work yesterday! Since Lancome discontinued both Maquilibre and their tinted version of Bienfait Totale, I've been a little nervous about what I would use as a foundation. I only need a very sheer level of coverage in an oil-free formula, but the problem arises when trying to find a match for my alabaster skin with cool undertones. As much as I love the consistency and coverage of many foundations I have recently tried, most are just too dark or too yellow to work for me.

Anyhow, MAC has done an amazing job with the Satin foundation in NC15. The colour is a perfect match for me and the formula is awesome! I admit that I still would prefer Maquilibre, but this will substitute nicely. It glides on smoothly and with just a little blending, it sets right in. Also, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas and works to minimize pores. I'm very impressed with its performance thus far. Way to go MAC!