MAC satin

Filtered by skin type : Combination
No Image

3.4

I use it in wintertime, because my skin often lacks the glow and a fresh look, when its cold and dark.
Im a NC 20 with acne-prone combination skin.
With other fondations, I often felt they gave a too mat and unnatural looking skin. It gives a soft glow and makes your skin look even and bright.
In summertime however, I prefer an tinted moisturizer, because when the sun shines on your skin, I feel that the glow in this foundation is a little bit too much.
No breakouts or other bad reactions.

on 1/3/2011 2:17:00 AM

I read the reviews and was scared to try it. But i was curious so I bought it anyway. I am a NC30 and I just fell in love with this product. It didn't make my skin orange or sparkle. It had a nice sheer light weight feel and it did make my skin glow. Not oily at all. I used it with my HD makeup forever primer and I also tried it with MAC's prep + prime and both times it worked great with my skin. This is not a full coverage foundation so if you are trying to cover up blemishes it's not the right one for you or if you have blemishes, studio fix will be a better pick. Also this is perfect for the winter wear and it doesn't come off after couple of hours unless you take it off. I even fell asleep with it on and so far no break out.

This is my first time buying anything/trying MAC. I love how it has a shimmer to it but it gives me too much shine. The only "problem" I have with my skin are the light spots on my cheekbones and this foundation covers them well. If you want a natural, sheer coverage, this is for you. I was a little hesitant about the price but after using it , I realized this is actually a great buy. Plus I only use two pumps when applying it so this bottle will last me a while.

on 9/23/2004 3:56:00 PM

i diden't like it at all. it feels very heavy and thick. the good thing about it is it does cover very well if you like the heavy feeling foundation. it's not for me.

on 5/19/2004 12:30:00 PM

I'm sure there are much better things out there. But it was fun while it lasted. I'm searching for something better and more worthwhile.

STINKS like Play-dough and the product burns my eyes like hell. Too bad,it was a perfect coulour match to my skin.

It's okay. Somewhat of a disappointment compared to other MAC products. Tends to separate after a while and has this oily film as the top layer. Tends to streak easily.

Yuck, yuck, yuck! I was soo disappointed with this foundation considering how I love MAC's other products (lipstick, eyeshadow). It felt greasy on my combo skin. The smell was a little weird too. I wear foundation on a daily basis so naturally, I have to love it, and unfortunately, I did not.

I purchased this product in NC35 along with the MAC Foundation Blush. Firstly, when it came in the mail, I was very disapointed in the size of the bottle. It's quite small for the price!

It does feel nice and it's not rubbing off but I personally need maximum coverage and it didn't supply that whatsoever.

I recommend this to someone who needs light coverage. This just wasn't for me. I would not purchase this again.

on 1/5/2003 5:33:00 PM

I like light coverage, and my combination skin gets very dry in places in winter, so this has been an excellent choice for me. The Satin formula blends effortlessly and gives me a nice "dewy" finish which I prefer. Worth trying if you like light coverage and your skin tends to be dry.