MAC Cosmetics satin

Filtered by skin type : Normal
No Image

3.6

on 9/17/2011 8:15:00 PM

This foundation isn't too greasy, and gives a nice, sheer finish. The packaging is simple, which i like. It goes on really smoothly, and it moisturizes. I used to suffer with dry flaky skin in the winter but after putting this on, unlike most foundations, it didn't show my dry skin, and it felt really hydrating. This foundation, in the light, makes my skin look shimmery, which i don't like, it also doesn't give enough coverage. Within a few hours, my face looked orange, when the shade was perfect for my skin.
Overall it's a good foundation if you don't need full coverage like i do.

on 2/18/2011 7:57:00 PM

i never used mac before buyin this foundation and unfortunatly got a colour too dark for me :( so i dont really wear it as an overall foundation now just for contouring. But it does apply really easily and evenly leaves a nice glow however i can feel it sitting on my skin and it did give me a few spots :(

on 2/8/2008 1:44:00 PM

So-so is the best word for it. Yet partially it's because of the specifics of my skin, so I gave it 4 points and not 3.
It's watery, goes on nicely, yet it has a problem with coverage. When you use too little, you don't have any coverage, no change in skin tone - in short, no difference between this and going nude.
When you try to build coverage, it becomes flaky and you get the caked-up look.
I think it would work better on drier skins.
The bottle is too big, too - you pay extra $$$ and it goes bad before you use it all up.

on 9/16/2004 6:21:00 AM

I found this to be a really good foundation. It covers, but blends in very well into the skin. I use it on top of my moisturiser in the mornings. Doesn't give a matte cake-y look, soft and sheer. Very nice. Too bad they don't sell MAC products in Indonesia

This is by far the best foundation i have tried ! The color matches perfectly to my bronze colored skin. The formula is light but, but it can be layered to provide medium coverage. It blends seemlessly, glows and looks completley natural: people compliment me on my"perfect skin" , not knowing its really my foundation. However i dont recomend it if you need a lot of coverage, it doesnt hide blemishes.

on 5/16/2003 2:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I love what this does with my skin. I apply it with my Who's the Fairest? foundation brush and it just disappears into my skin, leaving me with an even tone, no problem. Have not noticed any increase in acne. I don't need to powder this, either, which is nice. I don't have visible pores and no wrinkles (OK, one on teh left side of my nose that's irking me big time), so color correction is my main concern, and this foundation comes through nicely.

on 12/15/2002 1:25:00 AM

I think I may have found my ideal foundation in this. MAC are the only company that have ever been able to make a foundation that has matched my porcelain complexion perfectly. With a light application of this, with Studio Tech powdered lightly on top, in my opinion this makes for a gorgeous, glowing natural look.

in a word: C R A P...