MAC Cosmetics satin

Filtered by skin tone : Fair
No Image

3.6

I use it in wintertime, because my skin often lacks the glow and a fresh look, when its cold and dark.
Im a NC 20 with acne-prone combination skin.
With other fondations, I often felt they gave a too mat and unnatural looking skin. It gives a soft glow and makes your skin look even and bright.
In summertime however, I prefer an tinted moisturizer, because when the sun shines on your skin, I feel that the glow in this foundation is a little bit too much.
No breakouts or other bad reactions.

on 2/18/2011 7:57:00 PM

i never used mac before buyin this foundation and unfortunatly got a colour too dark for me :( so i dont really wear it as an overall foundation now just for contouring. But it does apply really easily and evenly leaves a nice glow however i can feel it sitting on my skin and it did give me a few spots :(

on 2/8/2008 1:44:00 PM

So-so is the best word for it. Yet partially it's because of the specifics of my skin, so I gave it 4 points and not 3.
It's watery, goes on nicely, yet it has a problem with coverage. When you use too little, you don't have any coverage, no change in skin tone - in short, no difference between this and going nude.
When you try to build coverage, it becomes flaky and you get the caked-up look.
I think it would work better on drier skins.
The bottle is too big, too - you pay extra $$$ and it goes bad before you use it all up.

on 4/29/2007 5:16:00 PM

I used to use MAC Satin foundation in NC20. The color was beautiful & the foundation went on very sheer. However, even after setting it with powder, it would disappear before the end of the work day....& I have mostly dry skin with occasional T zone oiliness. I prefer MAC Face & Body (N1), sold only at MAC stores, MAC Studio Tech (NW15) or Physicians Formula Pressed Powder mineral foundation in Translucent Light. I hate MAC's shimmery fake looking mineral foundations. Maybe the Satin foundation formula has changed, as people say it is thick.

on 7/21/2004 11:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

When I read reviews on this site I often think some of them are unfair simply because people buy the wrong products for their skintype, skin colour, etc, and then rate the product poorly. This is a good foundation for the right skintype. Good for people with normal, normal-dry skin looking for med-light coverage. My beef is with the sunscreen: SPF8 is pointless - SPF should always be at least SPF 15. Anyways, it has a nice finish and blends well for me. This is not nearly as light coverage as some reviews would seem to lead you to believe. Lancome Colour ID for example is much lighter.

on 7/14/2004 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mediocre at best, I say. If all you need is a sheer foundation, then this could very well be just what you're looking for (especially with MAC's wonderful range of colors). But for those of us (like me!) who want to build coverage here and there, this doesn't fit the bill. It clumps/cakes once layered and looks unnatural. It looks fabulous when I'm having a great skin day--but then, what's the point?

on 5/16/2004 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad that I decided to go into the MAC store near my work yesterday! Since Lancome discontinued both Maquilibre and their tinted version of Bienfait Totale, I've been a little nervous about what I would use as a foundation. I only need a very sheer level of coverage in an oil-free formula, but the problem arises when trying to find a match for my alabaster skin with cool undertones. As much as I love the consistency and coverage of many foundations I have recently tried, most are just too dark or too yellow to work for me.

Anyhow, MAC has done an amazing job with the Satin foundation in NC15. The colour is a perfect match for me and the formula is awesome! I admit that I still would prefer Maquilibre, but this will substitute nicely. It glides on smoothly and with just a little blending, it sets right in. Also, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas and works to minimize pores. I'm very impressed with its performance thus far. Way to go MAC!

on 7/21/2002 3:32:00 PM

As is probably obvious by now, I *love* MAC and most of their products but, unfortunately, this particular foundation did not work for me so I swapped it out. It simply did not provide enough coverage for my ruddy, blotchy complexion. It would probably be great for those who don't need as much coverage. It went on nicely and had a nice finish, but, well. . .it's just not for me.