MAC Cosmetics satin

Filtered by age: 19-24
No Image

3.1

on 2/18/2011 7:57:00 PM

i never used mac before buyin this foundation and unfortunatly got a colour too dark for me :( so i dont really wear it as an overall foundation now just for contouring. But it does apply really easily and evenly leaves a nice glow however i can feel it sitting on my skin and it did give me a few spots :(

This is my first time buying anything/trying MAC. I love how it has a shimmer to it but it gives me too much shine. The only "problem" I have with my skin are the light spots on my cheekbones and this foundation covers them well. If you want a natural, sheer coverage, this is for you. I was a little hesitant about the price but after using it , I realized this is actually a great buy. Plus I only use two pumps when applying it so this bottle will last me a while.

on 11/4/2004 3:10:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I got this in C4. This is great for my combination, acne-prone skin. So far, I haven't broken out. It evens out the color of my face. It doesn't really cover blemishes, though, so I need to use a concealer to hide my acne marks.

on 7/14/2004 8:29:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Mediocre at best, I say. If all you need is a sheer foundation, then this could very well be just what you're looking for (especially with MAC's wonderful range of colors). But for those of us (like me!) who want to build coverage here and there, this doesn't fit the bill. It clumps/cakes once layered and looks unnatural. It looks fabulous when I'm having a great skin day--but then, what's the point?

on 5/19/2004 12:30:00 PM

I'm sure there are much better things out there. But it was fun while it lasted. I'm searching for something better and more worthwhile.

on 5/16/2004 3:29:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I'm so glad that I decided to go into the MAC store near my work yesterday! Since Lancome discontinued both Maquilibre and their tinted version of Bienfait Totale, I've been a little nervous about what I would use as a foundation. I only need a very sheer level of coverage in an oil-free formula, but the problem arises when trying to find a match for my alabaster skin with cool undertones. As much as I love the consistency and coverage of many foundations I have recently tried, most are just too dark or too yellow to work for me.

Anyhow, MAC has done an amazing job with the Satin foundation in NC15. The colour is a perfect match for me and the formula is awesome! I admit that I still would prefer Maquilibre, but this will substitute nicely. It glides on smoothly and with just a little blending, it sets right in. Also, it doesn't accentuate my dry areas and works to minimize pores. I'm very impressed with its performance thus far. Way to go MAC!

STINKS like Play-dough and the product burns my eyes like hell. Too bad,it was a perfect coulour match to my skin.

on 2/23/2004 12:38:00 PM

This is a so so product, it's ok just nothing special

I purchased this product in NC35 along with the MAC Foundation Blush. Firstly, when it came in the mail, I was very disapointed in the size of the bottle. It's quite small for the price!

It does feel nice and it's not rubbing off but I personally need maximum coverage and it didn't supply that whatsoever.

I recommend this to someone who needs light coverage. This just wasn't for me. I would not purchase this again.

on 1/30/2003 10:26:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This was okay. At first, I really loved how moisturizing it felt (I used StudioFix and StudioTech beforehand, which weren't so good for my dry skin). It gives a nice light coverage and is really easy to apply using MAC's foundation brush. However, almost a bit too emollient. You definitely need some kind of setting powder on top. Overall, it wasn't bad, but I much prefer Face & Body.