Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine-Basilic

Guerlain Aqua Allegoria Mandarine-Basilic

3.9

on 4/13/2017 6:09:00 PM

Encouraged by the many positive reviews of this perfume and being a life-long admirer of Guerlain's Herba Fresca, I decided to give this one a try. Unfortunately, it turned out to be a huge disappointment :((
Whether freshly sprayed on or after a couple of hours, this scent (Mandarine Basilic) just remained flat and boring on my skin. More than anything else, it reminded me of some sort of "old lady" perfume - floral, sweet, suffocating and cheapish.
Had to give it away :(

I liked this stuff a lot!

on 7/9/2014 10:50:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I collect Aqua Allergorias and have many of them - so I had to have this and bought it off ebay unsniffed for a fraction of the usual price. Good thing - because while it is growing on me I don't love it. The citrus top note fades quickly into a green herbal (basil/mint) scent that is OK but no HG.

Pleasant and crisp (citrusy/orangey) for spring & summer wear.

on 8/8/2012 5:33:00 PM

I have searched far and wide for the right orange-based scent that isn't fruity kid stuff full of vanilla sugar or musk. This is cool, light, and just right. I can wear it all day and feel refreshed. I love the packaging on this line--my personal symbol is a bee!

on 10/18/2013 11:37:00 AM

I concur with the reviewer who calls it her "happy scent". It is the ultimate fresh, light, citrussy scent. Feminine without being sickly sweet, citrus fresh, invigorating, all round lovely. I deducted one lippy because the staying power is abyssmal, it really needs to be reapplied frequently as it completely evaporates in a short time.If it wasn't so perfect in any other way I'd give it a lower rating still because of the zero staying power but I just cannot bring myself to do that. Wish Guerlain made a body lotion in this scent - it would give this fleeting cologne something to hang onto. But DO try it - I'd highly recommend it!

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

This fragrance is absolutely beautiful! It starts out tangy and crisp and develops into a warm Mandarine mingled with just the right amount of basil. It almost reminds me of a hothouse for some reason.

This is my usual everyday fragrance, year round. It perks me up and I even feel it sometimes helps me focus. It's like an immediate mood-lifter, even in the dead of a New England winter when I'm feeling really sorry for myself and my lack if vitamin D. This had great staying power for me, and I get compliments on this at least once a day!

The packaging is really cute, as well.

on 5/29/2011 9:15:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Cool

Love it. Citrus and herbs. Almost sparkling. IMHO, not too sweet. Really surprised by how much I liked this. Great everyday scent or when you can't decide what to wear.

on 9/30/2011 11:43:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I am not much for citrus scents, like ever, but this was a gwp and it had a pretty bottle so why not. But I don't really smell straight up orange like some people said. If anything, I can pick out the basil the most but the rest melds into something that both works with and against the basil. The dry down is like honey and basil. This takes getting used to but I am liking it for fall since it is not too crisp nor too warm. It is also not too strong of a scent nor does it fade too fast, on me at least. I can still smell it without trying too hard 8 hrs later.

on 2/27/2012 7:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other

I love this fragrance. Two smells that get my mouth watering - also has that effect on my man! Fantastic all through the year for me. It's not to sweet, not cloying in any way. It layers well with either Grosellina or Herba Fresca - which are food-based as well! These three fragrances are my very favourite!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm

I LOVE this!! It's so fruity and and fresh, but unlike so many other fragrances like it, it's NOT cloying. Bought it in Paris, at Printemps, too. I think that made it even more amazing! It was like 69 Euros, which now is about $138. Don't know how much it was when I bought it in May though... This is a great product for when you want to look effortlessly pretty, and when I'm feeling frumpy it totally helps me pull my look together. I hope everyone else enjoys this product as much as I did!! I definitely get a lot of "You smell so good!"s when wearing it!

Popular Fragrances