4.6

price range

Reviews

2.0

a year ago

I’ve a funny lil story about Essie Ladylike. So, I was visiting my dear grandad (God rest his soul) in hospital and was wearing this polish. Now, he was never the type to comment on anything relating to fashion or beauty so this was extra funny to me. I walked up to him to say hello and gave him a big hug, he looked at my hands and said,”What in the world is WRONG with your nails?! Why are they THAT colour?!” Well, my family & I burst out laughing. It was a funny moment in the midst of a horrible & sad time. Needless to say, I took my grandads nail polish advice and never wore it again lol!! I’m very pale skinned and unfortunately it looked unflattering on my nails. An unpleasant grey/purple. On a plus note, the formula was good.

About reviewer (110 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinCombination, Fair, Neutral

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

a year ago

This is the first Essie nail polish I've ever tried. While I don't get as good a finish as other brands, this one is the longest-lasting I've ever used. It only started to chip on, like, the fifth day, which was crazy. When I first put it on my nails, I couldn't stop staring at my hands, it was so beautiful. After that it dried down a bit darker than the bottle and just wasn't as attractive. Still, I really enjoyed wearing it. This colour has a lot of depth and aspects to it - on me it looks purple-y, on other people it looks pinky, but it always has this subtle nude undertone that makes it really work for whatever you're wearing.

About reviewer (53 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinOily, Olive, Neutral

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

a year ago

This is such a good polish formula and color wise. I love it and would rebuy it as long as they make it. It's going to flatter most skin tones and is appropriate for work. It's a cooler tone, but leans a touch neutral as well. Some may get good results with one coat, but I needed 2 coats (3 coats is just wasting polish with this one). One coat was a touch streaky (don't be afraid, it's not like the hard to apply stuff like Essie Ballet Slippers, you just need two coats). The 2nd coat evened it out perfectly and was very easy to apply. So don't be afraid if one coat is slightly streaky, the second one will even it out. I can't apply difficult polishes (Ballet Slippers), but this one is easy. On me, 2 coats is about a shade to shade and 1/2 darker than bottle color. It's a lot closer than most to bottle color. The tone in the bottle is the same as on the nails and you get the lovely pink with a touch of lavender that's not too purple for those who want a more classic color. It's classic, classy and just lovely. One of my favorite colors ever.

About reviewer (87 reviews)

Age36-43

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairRed, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

So pretty! Definitely not an easy color to describe, but Lady Like is indeed a milky mauve, but more nude. I'm more of a black polish or Smokin' Hot Essie type of girl. This is a nice break from the darks, and with spring coming on in Ohio (please?) a nice change, and a rest from the more dramatic shades. I get good coverage from 2 coats, but it's questionable-sometimes 2 gives good coverage, sometimes it takes 3. I cap and shake between hands. The brush, while narrow, really works with my nail beds. My skin is very pink and light, and it's much more flattering than a yellow toned nude. My other nude favorite is OPI Dulce de Leche. They are my go-to polishes for easy to wear colors, for a quick change.

About reviewer (203 reviews)

Age56 & Over

SkinCombination, Fair-Medium, Cool

HairBrunette, Wavy, Fine

2 years ago

Ladylike is just so beautifully understated! Soft/medium dusty milky mauve with cream finish. Similar to Tickle my France-y indeed but with less of the brown base. This makes it less multifaceted but on me it looks more flattering. Perfectly opaque with two coats and non streaky. I'm a fan.

About reviewer (952 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Curly, Medium

3 years ago

I love this nail polish! It is my favorite nude type color. I call it my "dead fingernail" polish, because of its cool toned mauve color. It was love at first stroke. I love that this is more opaque than most Essie nudes, which drive me crazy with their sheerness. I think this color would look great with most skin types. I think it's a very diverse mauve. I can see it looking stunning with darker skin tones. I honestly would give this polish an A+. I highly recommend.

About reviewer (120 reviews)

Age25-29

SkinSensitive, Fair-Medium

HairBlond

EyesBlue

3 years ago

I absolutely LOVE this color! Beautiful mauve colors like this are so hard to find. It is a nice nude mauve with a hint of a gray-beige undertone. I couldn't give it a perfect score because I hate that I have to use 3 coats. I wish it were more opaque. I would repurchase it but only because I love the color.

About reviewer (296 reviews)

SkinVery Oily, Olive, Warm

HairBlack, Wavy, Fine

3 years ago

I own quite a few Essie polishes but this one is a favorite. It's a great kind of nude that flatters my skin tone and does not wash it out. I like that it's a subtle soft color but has enough color that it is still noticeable. I always get compliments when wearing. Like all my Essie polishes I need 3 coats to make it look even and I always finish with seche vite. Also like all my Essie polishes I get a good 4 to 5 days of wear which I'm sure it would last longer if I did things like wearing gloves while cleaning and washing dishes. Whenever I'm not sure what color I want to wear I reach for this.

About reviewer (43 reviews)

SkinOily, Fair

HairOther

EyesOther

3 years ago

What looks like a pale gray lavender in the bottle is more of a nude once painted on. Rather than leaning purple or gray, once applied it best resembles the color of milky coffee - in a somehow pretty way. The shade is a lovely, flattering nude, even for my pale skin, and the quality is very good. Applies smoothly without streaks, full coverage in two coats, and a nice shiny finish. A winner.

About reviewer (691 reviews)

SkinCombination, Fair, Warm

HairBrunette, Wavy, Medium

3 years ago

A beautiful soft mauvey-pink cream polish which applied in 2 easy coats. A perfect colour for Spring! Very ladylike!

About reviewer (51 reviews)

Age44-55