Essie Lady Like

Essie Lady Like

4.6

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this nail polish! It is my favorite nude type color.
I call it my "dead fingernail" polish, because of its cool toned mauve color. It was love at first stroke.
I love that this is more opaque than most Essie nudes, which drive me crazy with their sheerness.
I think this color would look great with most skin types. I think it's a very diverse mauve. I can see it looking stunning with darker skin tones.
I honestly would give this polish an A+. I highly recommend.

on 6/24/2017 5:14:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I absolutely LOVE this color! Beautiful mauve colors like this are so hard to find. It is a nice nude mauve with a hint of a gray-beige undertone. I couldn't give it a perfect score because I hate that I have to use 3 coats. I wish it were more opaque. I would repurchase it but only because I love the color.

on 6/1/2017 2:21:00 PM

Pretty mauve with a touch of greige. It doesn't look exactly like any of my other neutral shades. Opaque in two coats and dries to a creamy finish.

Great color, great formula. I'd buy this one again.

on 3/19/2017 3:36:00 PM

What looks like a pale gray lavender in the bottle is more of a nude once painted on. Rather than leaning purple or gray, once applied it best resembles the color of milky coffee - in a somehow pretty way. The shade is a lovely, flattering nude, even for my pale skin, and the quality is very good. Applies smoothly without streaks, full coverage in two coats, and a nice shiny finish. A winner.

on 3/9/2017 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

A beautiful soft mauvey-pink cream polish which applied in 2 easy coats. A perfect colour for Spring! Very ladylike!

on 4/23/2017 4:25:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I own quite a few Essie polishes but this one is a favorite. It's a great kind of nude that flatters my skin tone and does not wash it out. I like that it's a subtle soft color but has enough color that it is still noticeable. I always get compliments when wearing. Like all my Essie polishes I need 3 coats to make it look even and I always finish with seche vite. Also like all my Essie polishes I get a good 4 to 5 days of wear which I'm sure it would last longer if I did things like wearing gloves while cleaning and washing dishes. Whenever I'm not sure what color I want to wear I reach for this.

on 10/5/2015 10:56:00 AM

I absolutely adore this polish. It's so pretty and dainty, really living up to its name. I love how it's a neutral, but with some oomph! It's a mix of a dusty mauve and taupe; it has pink and brown undertones, so I personally think it'll look amazing on any skin tone.

The formula is great too, which is pleasantly surprising for Essie. It's neither thick or thin whatsoever; it goes on flawlessly, a perfect two-coater polish.

I think this polish is perfect for all-year-round -- it's light enough for a nice Spring look, yet that bit of dustiness to it screams Autumn.

When I get tired of wearing a color, whether it be light or dark, I tend to go to my neutrals. Lady Like has become a favorite, and it may be my new go-to.

Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm

Never in my life have I completely finished up a bottle of nail polish, and I wear nail polish every single day. I finished this and immediately went out and purchased another. I couldn't tell you why I even picked this up as it looks rather boring and blah in the bottle. But once you put this on your nails.. wow! It's just so beautiful. Perfectly neutral but also a little glam. It never fails that I get compliments when I wear this and will always get asked what it is. My one girlfriend loved it SO much she wore it on her wedding day.

Don't know which color to wear? I always chose this. It looks fantastic when I have a bit of a tan and looks just as good when I'm more pale.

Perfect for anytime of the year. Perfect always!

THIS is my all time favorite nail polish, ever.

on 10/15/2015 7:39:00 PM

I LOVE this color. Essie makes some beautiful colors and this is just the perfect little pink-toned neutral lilac.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

So glad I chose this color today - it's a beautiful neutral brown-toned lilac that is amazing on its own but lends itself as a base color for nail art with creams, plums and burgundies.

Popular Polishes