La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare
CICAPLAST

3.8

2016:AQUA / WATERGLYCERINCYCLOPENTASILOXANECYCLOHEXASILOXANEDIMETHICONEC30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONESODIUM CITRATEPEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONEPANTHENOLZINC GLUCONATEMADECASSOSIDEDIMETHICONOLMANGANESE GLUCONATESODIUM HYALURONATEDISODIUM EDTACOPPER GLUCONATECITRIC ACIDPOLYSORBATE 20SODIUM BENZOATE2007:Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol Behenate, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Madecassoside, Dimethiconol, Manganese Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium Edta, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben

on 2/25/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just rediscovered this product in my stash after recently having an episode of picking at my face. I am normally not a picker but I have been experiencing a breakout and could not resist picking at my skin - resulting in nasty scabs on my face and neck. Horrified at the thought of going to work looking like a meth head I dug this out of my closet and applied to the scabs. A day later and they are healing up nicely. I recall using this last year when I burnt a patch of skin with an acid exfoliator and this worked well for that too. It does burn a bit on application but that does subside and my skin then feels soothed. I also use this sometimes as an under eye primer as it contains dimethicone to smooth the skin and it does well at keeping my concealer looking fresh. This costs me 20$ CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart and I have repurchased.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm quite surprised at the amount of negative reviews against this product, as although I've only been using it for a few days so far, it's been doing wonders for a very noticeable acne scar on my cheek. Some reviewers have said that it's good as a primer also, however I did try that and it's just far too oily for me. It would work well as a primer on someone who has very dry skin. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out very easily, so I wouldn't use this as a moisturiser for my whole face. I just blob a bit on my scar every night and it has so far made a huge difference. I also had a few scabs on my forehead from popping some whiteheads (which I regretted 2 seconds later) and this cream healed them almost overnight. For any sort of skin trauma I would highly recommend!

on 1/25/2017 12:45:00 PM

This is supposed to be used on skin after chemical peels, but it must be a joke.
It feels like a silicone primer and destroyed my skin. I have red and iritated skin after 2 uses.
I usually use Earth sourced by PC, but i wanted smth cheaper. If you don't have "princess skin" you can give it a try.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this, but I prefer the Baume B5 version for repairing damaged skin because I find it more moisturizing. I use this version as a face primer like Lisa does in her vĂ­deo, and I kinda like it, I think it helps to disimulate the acne and foundation doesn't look so cakey but it's just that, not bad... There is another use that I do love and it's as a lip primer, I have dry lips and this leaves them smooth in a second

on 9/1/2016 11:28:00 AM

Quite irritating to my skin. So much metal based ingredients in this product!

on 7/11/2016 9:51:00 AM

I bought this cause my top layer skin is very dry and my skin very sensitive. I'd a nasty reaction to it, face got all red-spotted and burned. Don't buy if you know you have sensetive skin!

on 1/11/2016 4:20:00 AM

Yes, the Lisa Elridge video, here too. But she was right. For oily, acne prone skin which is also somehow dehydrated this is a good occlusive/primer thing. All the silicones fill pores and lines, while minerals, and vitamin b nourish the skin, and all together sealing in your previous serums etc. Especially in the winter, this solves all the day-time moisturizing, priming troubles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is repairing skin that is dry and irritated after too harsh acne treatments/clensers perfectly! Not fatty, invisible - perfect!

on 7/4/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Before you get too excited, I have only been using this product for a few days, but I really wanted to share my experience so far with you all, but I will do an edit in a few weeks to update.

Months ago, I watched the Lisa Eldridge acne covering make up tutorial on YouTube. As an acne sufferer myself, I obviously took very special attention to her techniques and her products she was using throughout the video. She raved about La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Pro Recovery as a make up primer for people suffering with spots. I immediately bought a tube, but actually purchased the wrong product - instead I bought the 'BAUME B5' cream, not knowing it wasn't the same product that was used in the video. Months later, I realised this, so went ahead and bought the actual product she has used, the pro recovery cream/gel.

This past week, I have 3 incredibly annoying spots on my face that won't seem to budge, even though I am making a huge effort to destroy them!! (NOT picking them though!) Every time I've applied my make up since buying this product, I have used beforehand as a primer, only on the 'problem' areas of my face. Wow. I swear since I've used it the angry red lumps on my face have gone down incredibly, I'm amazed. I feel like this is an excellent product to soothe and help get rid of horrible spots - which is great because I kinda feel like it's doing the work whilst I'm wearing make up.

Like I said, it's only been a few days, and you can never be sure that soon, so I will update in a few weeks, but right now, I LOVE THIS STUFF!

If you suffer from spots or any nasty skin patches, I urge you to buy a tube of this stuff immediately!

on 2/18/2015 9:52:00 AM

I saw this on YouTube in a video by Lisa Eldridge . It's relatively inexpensive as a la roche posay product but works beautifully for irritated skin. I have used it on small acne spots, post facial or when my rosecia acts up. There is no other product quite like this. It's literally a plaster for troubled skin. With cicaplast you can use treatment on spots cover with cicaplast and then apply makeup. It speeds up skin healing. Wonderful indeed