La Roche Posay Cicaplast

La Roche Posay Cicaplast

3.8

AQUA / WATER GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CYCLOHEXASILOXANE DIMETHICONE C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE SODIUM CITRATE PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE PANTHENOL ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE DIMETHICONOL MANGANESE GLUCONATE SODIUM HYALURONATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE CITRIC ACID POLYSORBATE 20 SODIUM BENZOATE

on 7/11/2016 9:51:00 AM

I bought this cause my top layer skin is very dry and my skin very sensitive. I'd a nasty reaction to it, face got all red-spotted and burned. Don't buy if you know you have sensetive skin!

on 1/11/2016 4:20:00 AM

Yes, the Lisa Elridge video, here too. But she was right. For oily, acne prone skin which is also somehow dehydrated this is a good occlusive/primer thing. All the silicones fill pores and lines, while minerals, and vitamin b nourish the skin, and all together sealing in your previous serums etc. Especially in the winter, this solves all the day-time moisturizing, priming troubles.

To Read all 65 Reviews, Login or Join

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is repairing skin that is dry and irritated after too harsh acne treatments/clensers perfectly! Not fatty, invisible - perfect!

on 7/4/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Before you get too excited, I have only been using this product for a few days, but I really wanted to share my experience so far with you all, but I will do an edit in a few weeks to update.

Months ago, I watched the Lisa Eldridge acne covering make up tutorial on YouTube. As an acne sufferer myself, I obviously took very special attention to her techniques and her products she was using throughout the video. She raved about La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Pro Recovery as a make up primer for people suffering with spots. I immediately bought a tube, but actually purchased the wrong product - instead I bought the 'BAUME B5' cream, not knowing it wasn't the same product that was used in the video. Months later, I realised this, so went ahead and bought the actual product she has used, the pro recovery cream/gel.

This past week, I have 3 incredibly annoying spots on my face that won't seem to budge, even though I am making a huge effort to destroy them!! (NOT picking them though!) Every time I've applied my make up since buying this product, I have used beforehand as a primer, only on the 'problem' areas of my face. Wow. I swear since I've used it the angry red lumps on my face have gone down incredibly, I'm amazed. I feel like this is an excellent product to soothe and help get rid of horrible spots - which is great because I kinda feel like it's doing the work whilst I'm wearing make up.

Like I said, it's only been a few days, and you can never be sure that soon, so I will update in a few weeks, but right now, I LOVE THIS STUFF!

If you suffer from spots or any nasty skin patches, I urge you to buy a tube of this stuff immediately!

on 2/18/2015 9:52:00 AM

I saw this on YouTube in a video by Lisa Eldridge . It's relatively inexpensive as a la roche posay product but works beautifully for irritated skin. I have used it on small acne spots, post facial or when my rosecia acts up. There is no other product quite like this. It's literally a plaster for troubled skin. With cicaplast you can use treatment on spots cover with cicaplast and then apply makeup. It speeds up skin healing. Wonderful indeed

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The product has nice consistency of a gel, it is indeed invisible and non sticky. But my sensitive post-procedure skin turned bright red after applying the product. It made my skin uncomfortably tight and itchy. A major disappointment.

P.S.: I have no problem applying products with high % of zinc right after procedures. So I recommend them rather than this one.

on 12/16/2014 10:02:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium Brown, Not Sure

amazing!

on 11/8/2014 6:58:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Warm

So disapointet.

Pros:
- When applied spot concealing is more easy - it conceales better for somehow.

Cons:
- NO oil control (!!)
- Can make my foundation seem much heavyer and cacky (not everytime, but almost)
- I'm concernt that this is the reason for some huge breakouts (but keep in mind that I have no idea if it's caused by something else!)

on 8/22/2014 10:33:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have extremely fair oily skin I use this product constantly when I get a blemish it helps it heal faster so I don't scar too bad when its gone. Having very fair skin my scars take much longer to fade when I get a blemish and this product when used as a spot treatment hands down is the best for helping the epidermis of my skin heal faster. where my skin is so oily I can't use this in the day if im going out in public because its not greasy but gives a shine to my face so I use it as a night treatment. Amazing product, even if you have normal, dry, oily etc type skin its a great product to have on hand.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

I've used this product two ways: as a barrier cream to aid recovery, and as a makeup primer, so I'll break this review into two parts. Cicaplast is a fragrance-free, relatively thick gel with a smooth, silicone finish that is slightly shiny but not greasy. The package is a long, narrow tube with a screw-off cap (somewhat fiddly) and a narrow nozzle.

Barrier cream: I've used this product on dry, sore blemishes to help them heal faster, over the top of a more fluid lip balm to help dry lips, and my mom has borrowed it to use on the backs of her dry, cracking hands. It has performed well in all cases, helping skin to heal faster and reducing friction over the skin so that it's not re-injured. It will not take the place of a regular moisturizer or of a first aid treatment, but this product bridges the gap between these two things very nicely. It has not contributed to any further pore clogging or outbreaks.

Primer: I've found that this works better over small areas to smooth down texture rather than applied all over the face. It does not help my concealer to last longer and does not prevent eye makeup from creasing or facing. It does correct the texture of rough patches of skin (flakes, large pores, drying blemishes) so that I can apply concealer over them with minimal caking. If you're looking for an all-over primer to improve the performance of your makeup, I don't recommend Cicaplast. If you're looking to even out specific areas of poor texture to help with makeup application and performance, this is worth a try.

Overall, a very nice product to have and I would repurchase it, but it's not an absolute essential. Does its job very well but is not an item that everyone needs. I would prefer a flip cap.