La Roche Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare

La Roche Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare
CICAPLAST

3.8

AQUA / WATER GLYCERIN CYCLOPENTASILOXANE CYCLOHEXASILOXANE DIMETHICONE C30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONE SODIUM CITRATE PEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONE PANTHENOL ZINC GLUCONATE MADECASSOSIDE DIMETHICONOL MANGANESE GLUCONATE SODIUM HYALURONATE DISODIUM EDTA COPPER GLUCONATE CITRIC ACID POLYSORBATE 20 SODIUM BENZOATE

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm quite surprised at the amount of negative reviews against this product, as although I've only been using it for a few days so far, it's been doing wonders for a very noticeable acne scar on my cheek. Some reviewers have said that it's good as a primer also, however I did try that and it's just far too oily for me. It would work well as a primer on someone who has very dry skin. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out very easily, so I wouldn't use this as a moisturiser for my whole face. I just blob a bit on my scar every night and it has so far made a huge difference. I also had a few scabs on my forehead from popping some whiteheads (which I regretted 2 seconds later) and this cream healed them almost overnight. For any sort of skin trauma I would highly recommend!

on 1/25/2017 12:45:00 PM

This is supposed to be used on skin after chemical peels, but it must be a joke.
It feels like a silicone primer and destroyed my skin. I have red and iritated skin after 2 uses.
I usually use Earth sourced by PC, but i wanted smth cheaper. If you don't have "princess skin" you can give it a try.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this, but I prefer the Baume B5 version for repairing damaged skin because I find it more moisturizing. I use this version as a face primer like Lisa does in her vídeo, and I kinda like it, I think it helps to disimulate the acne and foundation doesn't look so cakey but it's just that, not bad... There is another use that I do love and it's as a lip primer, I have dry lips and this leaves them smooth in a second

on 9/1/2016 11:28:00 AM

Quite irritating to my skin. So much metal based ingredients in this product!

on 7/11/2016 9:51:00 AM

I bought this cause my top layer skin is very dry and my skin very sensitive. I'd a nasty reaction to it, face got all red-spotted and burned. Don't buy if you know you have sensetive skin!

on 1/11/2016 4:20:00 AM

Yes, the Lisa Elridge video, here too. But she was right. For oily, acne prone skin which is also somehow dehydrated this is a good occlusive/primer thing. All the silicones fill pores and lines, while minerals, and vitamin b nourish the skin, and all together sealing in your previous serums etc. Especially in the winter, this solves all the day-time moisturizing, priming troubles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is repairing skin that is dry and irritated after too harsh acne treatments/clensers perfectly! Not fatty, invisible - perfect!

on 7/4/2015 11:37:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse

Before you get too excited, I have only been using this product for a few days, but I really wanted to share my experience so far with you all, but I will do an edit in a few weeks to update.

Months ago, I watched the Lisa Eldridge acne covering make up tutorial on YouTube. As an acne sufferer myself, I obviously took very special attention to her techniques and her products she was using throughout the video. She raved about La Roche Posay's Cicaplast Pro Recovery as a make up primer for people suffering with spots. I immediately bought a tube, but actually purchased the wrong product - instead I bought the 'BAUME B5' cream, not knowing it wasn't the same product that was used in the video. Months later, I realised this, so went ahead and bought the actual product she has used, the pro recovery cream/gel.

This past week, I have 3 incredibly annoying spots on my face that won't seem to budge, even though I am making a huge effort to destroy them!! (NOT picking them though!) Every time I've applied my make up since buying this product, I have used beforehand as a primer, only on the 'problem' areas of my face. Wow. I swear since I've used it the angry red lumps on my face have gone down incredibly, I'm amazed. I feel like this is an excellent product to soothe and help get rid of horrible spots - which is great because I kinda feel like it's doing the work whilst I'm wearing make up.

Like I said, it's only been a few days, and you can never be sure that soon, so I will update in a few weeks, but right now, I LOVE THIS STUFF!

If you suffer from spots or any nasty skin patches, I urge you to buy a tube of this stuff immediately!

on 2/18/2015 9:52:00 AM

I saw this on YouTube in a video by Lisa Eldridge . It's relatively inexpensive as a la roche posay product but works beautifully for irritated skin. I have used it on small acne spots, post facial or when my rosecia acts up. There is no other product quite like this. It's literally a plaster for troubled skin. With cicaplast you can use treatment on spots cover with cicaplast and then apply makeup. It speeds up skin healing. Wonderful indeed

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

The product has nice consistency of a gel, it is indeed invisible and non sticky. But my sensitive post-procedure skin turned bright red after applying the product. It made my skin uncomfortably tight and itchy. A major disappointment.

P.S.: I have no problem applying products with high % of zinc right after procedures. So I recommend them rather than this one.