La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare
CICAPLAST

3.8

2016:AQUA / WATERGLYCERINCYCLOPENTASILOXANECYCLOHEXASILOXANEDIMETHICONEC30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONESODIUM CITRATEPEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONEPANTHENOLZINC GLUCONATEMADECASSOSIDEDIMETHICONOLMANGANESE GLUCONATESODIUM HYALURONATEDISODIUM EDTACOPPER GLUCONATECITRIC ACIDPOLYSORBATE 20SODIUM BENZOATE2007:Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol Behenate, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Madecassoside, Dimethiconol, Manganese Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium Edta, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was recommended to me to help reduce scarring after I had to get stitches on my face. I was told to massage it into the affected area twice a day after the stitches came out, pressing firmly to prevent thick/distorting scar tissue from forming. I had great luck with it (the scar was hardly noticeable after 6 months) and so did the friend who recommended it. My skin is pale and scars easily so I always keep this in my cupboard to help heal up abrasions and any potential scar tissue.

I had to edit my positive review after putting this on my face today and I was still experiencing red streaks burning and itching. I at first thought the product caused red streaks because it was healing my retin a areas 2 days ago but when I put some on my face again today, I had red marks in a matter of minutes with a prickly sensation. Not pleasant so washed my face and the prickly sensation stopped. Put emu oil and Desitin on my spots - the redness is fading and no more pricking sensation. Really wanted it to work.

on 1/25/2017 12:45:00 PM

This is supposed to be used on skin after chemical peels, but it must be a joke.
It feels like a silicone primer and destroyed my skin. I have red and iritated skin after 2 uses.
I usually use Earth sourced by PC, but i wanted smth cheaper. If you don't have "princess skin" you can give it a try.

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

I like this, but I prefer the Baume B5 version for repairing damaged skin because I find it more moisturizing. I use this version as a face primer like Lisa does in her vídeo, and I kinda like it, I think it helps to disimulate the acne and foundation doesn't look so cakey but it's just that, not bad... There is another use that I do love and it's as a lip primer, I have dry lips and this leaves them smooth in a second

on 2/25/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just rediscovered this product in my stash after recently having an episode of picking at my face. I am normally not a picker but I have been experiencing a breakout and could not resist picking at my skin - resulting in nasty scabs on my face and neck. Horrified at the thought of going to work looking like a meth head I dug this out of my closet and applied to the scabs. A day later and they are healing up nicely. I recall using this last year when I burnt a patch of skin with an acid exfoliator and this worked well for that too. It does burn a bit on application but that does subside and my skin then feels soothed. I also use this sometimes as an under eye primer as it contains dimethicone to smooth the skin and it does well at keeping my concealer looking fresh. This costs me 20$ CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart and I have repurchased.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm quite surprised at the amount of negative reviews against this product, as although I've only been using it for a few days so far, it's been doing wonders for a very noticeable acne scar on my cheek. Some reviewers have said that it's good as a primer also, however I did try that and it's just far too oily for me. It would work well as a primer on someone who has very dry skin. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out very easily, so I wouldn't use this as a moisturiser for my whole face. I just blob a bit on my scar every night and it has so far made a huge difference. I also had a few scabs on my forehead from popping some whiteheads (which I regretted 2 seconds later) and this cream healed them almost overnight. For any sort of skin trauma I would highly recommend!

on 9/1/2016 11:28:00 AM

Quite irritating to my skin. So much metal based ingredients in this product!

on 7/11/2016 9:51:00 AM

I bought this cause my top layer skin is very dry and my skin very sensitive. I'd a nasty reaction to it, face got all red-spotted and burned. Don't buy if you know you have sensetive skin!

on 1/11/2016 4:20:00 AM

Yes, the Lisa Elridge video, here too. But she was right. For oily, acne prone skin which is also somehow dehydrated this is a good occlusive/primer thing. All the silicones fill pores and lines, while minerals, and vitamin b nourish the skin, and all together sealing in your previous serums etc. Especially in the winter, this solves all the day-time moisturizing, priming troubles.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

This is repairing skin that is dry and irritated after too harsh acne treatments/clensers perfectly! Not fatty, invisible - perfect!