La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare

La Roche-Posay Cicaplast Gel - Pro-recovery skincare
CICAPLAST

3.7

2016:AQUA / WATERGLYCERINCYCLOPENTASILOXANECYCLOHEXASILOXANEDIMETHICONEC30-45 ALKYL DIMETHICONESODIUM CITRATEPEG/PPG-18/18 DIMETHICONEPANTHENOLZINC GLUCONATEMADECASSOSIDEDIMETHICONOLMANGANESE GLUCONATESODIUM HYALURONATEDISODIUM EDTACOPPER GLUCONATECITRIC ACIDPOLYSORBATE 20SODIUM BENZOATE2007:Aqua/Water, Glycerin, Cyclopentasiloxane, Cyclohexasiloxane, Dimethicone, Dimethiconol Behenate, Sodium Citrate, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Panthenol, Zinc Gluconate, Madecassoside, Dimethiconol, Manganese Gluconate, Sodium Hyaluronate, Disodium Edta, Copper Gluconate, Citric Acid, Polysorbate 20, Caprylyl Glycol, Methylparaben

Amazing product, it has saved many days for me. I use it as a primer, after moisturizing and before foundation. On days where I have dry patches or breakouts, this makes my makeup glide on and look super smooth. It does need a bit of drying time, and be careful not to overdose, as it will cause pilling. Also, it's no good on it's own, it makes my face attract any dust or dirt around me!! NOT a good look. I keep it for emergency makeup days, and overnight for healing of skin. Since it's expensive, I will probably not repurchase, as I don't use it often... And let's face it; if my skin is dry, patched, and breaking out, I shouldn't be putting foundation on it anyway! :)

on 2/19/2018 12:44:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Neutral

I am a big fan of La Roche Posay Cicaplast Baume, and I meant to get another tube of that. I was in Europe, where they hand the product to you from over a counter, so I thought maybe there was a re-packaging, but I'm disappointed because the Baume is much better and a lot more moisturizing.

This did make my skin nice and soft and smooth when I put it on at night. It absorbed right away and it's incredibly mild, but I get the impression from the instructions that it's not really for every day use, but for healing after procedures or injury.

It was fine when my skin was healthy, but when I had a dry, flaky patch this burned.
I also don't like this under makeup. I cannot wear a silicone primer and this acts pretty much just like one. I still love the Cicaplast Baume, but this one is a fail.

on 2/18/2018 6:02:00 PM

This stuff is amazing for healing! A couple of years ago I fell on my bike and scraped my face really badly. I hade a huge graze below my eye and over my mouth - I looked like a real mess. Anyway, I cleaned with water and put cicaplast on the fresh graze, and continued to put it on a few times a day keeping it from drying out. For every day the graze got a little smaller and exactly seven days after I fell the scab fell right off. Underneath was new, perfectly developed skin. Totally smooth and healed. No scarring what so ever. NONE. I don't really care for this as skin care for my face, but for wounds and grazing in general it's amazing. Highly recommended!

on 1/4/2018 6:00:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

Burned my skin. I didn't know this was the culprit as it is supposed to be soothing. Yesterday I was trying to prevent irritation around my mouth by applying a thick later. It started burning after 2 mins. Now the area is completely red. Tried to use it as a lip balm instead - not moisturizing either. use physiogel instead.

Greasy, clogges my pores and does not do much.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This was recommended to me to help reduce scarring after I had to get stitches on my face. I was told to massage it into the affected area twice a day after the stitches came out, pressing firmly to prevent thick/distorting scar tissue from forming. I had great luck with it (the scar was hardly noticeable after 6 months) and so did the friend who recommended it. My skin is pale and scars easily so I always keep this in my cupboard to help heal up abrasions and any potential scar tissue.

I had to edit my positive review after putting this on my face today and I was still experiencing red streaks burning and itching. I at first thought the product caused red streaks because it was healing my retin a areas 2 days ago but when I put some on my face again today, I had red marks in a matter of minutes with a prickly sensation. Not pleasant so washed my face and the prickly sensation stopped. Put emu oil and Desitin on my spots - the redness is fading and no more pricking sensation. Really wanted it to work.

on 2/25/2017 9:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Just rediscovered this product in my stash after recently having an episode of picking at my face. I am normally not a picker but I have been experiencing a breakout and could not resist picking at my skin - resulting in nasty scabs on my face and neck. Horrified at the thought of going to work looking like a meth head I dug this out of my closet and applied to the scabs. A day later and they are healing up nicely. I recall using this last year when I burnt a patch of skin with an acid exfoliator and this worked well for that too. It does burn a bit on application but that does subside and my skin then feels soothed. I also use this sometimes as an under eye primer as it contains dimethicone to smooth the skin and it does well at keeping my concealer looking fresh. This costs me 20$ CAD at Shopper's Drug Mart and I have repurchased.

on 1/25/2017 12:45:00 PM

This is supposed to be used on skin after chemical peels, but it must be a joke.
It feels like a silicone primer and destroyed my skin. I have red and iritated skin after 2 uses.
I usually use Earth sourced by PC, but i wanted smth cheaper. If you don't have "princess skin" you can give it a try.

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I'm quite surprised at the amount of negative reviews against this product, as although I've only been using it for a few days so far, it's been doing wonders for a very noticeable acne scar on my cheek. Some reviewers have said that it's good as a primer also, however I did try that and it's just far too oily for me. It would work well as a primer on someone who has very dry skin. My skin is very sensitive and breaks out very easily, so I wouldn't use this as a moisturiser for my whole face. I just blob a bit on my scar every night and it has so far made a huge difference. I also had a few scabs on my forehead from popping some whiteheads (which I regretted 2 seconds later) and this cream healed them almost overnight. For any sort of skin trauma I would highly recommend!