4.4

price range

Reviews

3.0

11 years ago

I got this as BOGOF from WnW at a drugstore so I think I only paid $2.50 for this palette which is a great deal! I think for that value it's worth keeping for the variety of colors that you can layer for a day or night eye. I like the dark colors in the center for a variety of smokey eyes (I tend to use dark in the crease) and have my own preferred highlight shades from other palettes (ie Stila Blanc or Lorac Pink Python) If I were to travel though, I think this would be versatile for a day or night look, although I am not a fan of the clunky ugly clear plastic which is why I don't like to travel w/WnW. Plus I've heard they are break prone. I don't use the cheap sponges included or the tiny mirrors that pull out. I wish WnW would redesign the pkg!

About reviewer (111 reviews)

SkinCombination, Other, Warm

HairBlack, Straight, Fine

11 years ago

First of all, I love WnW products and have found very few that I don't like. The lipsticks are iffy but the blushes and eyeshadows are to die for. This was sent to me by a lovely fellow nailboarder as a swap extra and I was very excited for I had never seen this palette in stores. It is wonderful and I would pay 5 bucks just for the warm plum shade! This would work on a variety on skintones and I sooooo in love with this. I bought a Too Faced duo the other day and I have to say that I prefer this palette to the 17 dollar duo anyday. A great product to say the least.

About reviewer (363 reviews)

SkinDry, Fair-Medium, Warm

HairBrunette, Straight, Medium

12 years ago

I absolutely hated Wet 'n' Wild's Sandcastle palette and found Paradise Cove only OK. My main issue is that I found those eyeshadows and shades far too frosty. I decided to give Lustrous Neutrals a shot since a store by me was having a 50 percent off sale on the WnW line. Whereas the first reviewer here was not a fan because the shades were too matte, that personally is why I am loving this palette. It's great for a simple, everyday eye. Can't beat the cheap price, though the packaging itself needs improvement. I will probably end up depotting it.

About reviewer (97 reviews)

SkinNormal, Medium

HairBlack

from

12 years ago

I just have to say that I think every woman should own this palette. Why? Because it is perfect for all skin tones and eye colors. The combination of warm vs. cool colors is ingenious. There are a few colors (deep velvety purple/aubergine, cool neutral taupe, light shimmery ivory, baby pink) in this palette that are similar to the Dior Stylish Move quint (I compared and these colors are definitely similar in tones). These are my favorite colors to work with for my green eyes. The other colors include a blue/muted green which actually applies slightly grey, a medium bronze, a gold color, and a shimmering off-white. I had good luck with these color combinations on my green eyes as well. I was very impressed with the pigmentation of these eyeshadows. I wasn't expecting much at all. I really don't find it to be overly shimmery, which is nice. Now I wish I would have bought the gems palette too. The packaging could definately be better, but I think the pop out mirror is awesome, and it makes up for the crappy casing. I think it is rather stupid that these palettes are limited edition, but I guess it "keeps things interesting"- just how MAC does. I really don't think I'll need to repurchase this because I have so much eyeshadow to use. If you get the chance, I highly recommend this! I think anyone could work this palette.

About reviewer (441 reviews)

Age19-24

SkinSensitive, Fair, Neutral

HairBlond, Wavy, Coarse

EyesGreen

12 years ago

Let me preface this review by saying that I was *really* looking forward to these new, limited edition palettes. Riri101's pictures made them seem so wonderful, I didn't hesitate at all before dropping the $5 for them. In store, I was intriged by both Neutrals and Gems, but in the end went with this one because it had what looked like some really nice taupes, it was lighter, and it seemed more wearable. My mistake. The top middle shade, the one I thought was taupe, is shimmer-less, toned down, and almost painfully unpigmented. It is the least pigmented shade of any Wet 'n' Wild eyeshadow I've ever tried. Its better is located on the bottom right: a much warmer, dirty-gold brown that is also relatvely matte, though does contain tiiiinny shimmer on close inspection. Very well pigmented. The peach shade above it seems to resemble the light peach in Paradise Cove, but is, you guessed it, way more matte. This one also has the tiny shimmer, and looks like a light cream. Ironically, the shade that looks like cream in package is actually a stark white on skin. It IS pigmented and more "shiny" than the other shades in this palette. The pink below it (left side) is a not-too-pigmented, mauvish bubblegum shade. It's actually rather nice and a unique shade among the palettes and trios. Finally, while the taupe in the middle is terrible, the shades below it are good. The purple is a truer purple than the burgundies of other palettes, in the sense that it is bluer and deeper. It is also wonderfully pigmented. The light blue underneath it is actually rather muted and it is a "Bondi" blue (I had to hit the 'ol Wikipedia pretty hard to come up with the right word for this one), like a light, less "steel-y" steel blue. The last shade is a salmon or light apricot color with more shimmer than the other shades.....................................................................................Overall, this palette shows Wet 'n' Wild becoming less sheen-y and moving away from sparkles in general. The shimmer in the shades that have it is smaller in size than previous ones, and none of the colors are frosty. The neutrals one in particular contains both cool (left pink, white, purple, blue) and warm (right brown, cream, salmon) colors. It's pobably worth the 5 bucks, but I'm going to trade it for the gems palette. EDIT: Hmm... never mind. These DO have a ton of shimmer.

About reviewer (114 reviews)

AgeUnder 18