MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type

MAC Matte2 - Blanc Type
MAC - Blanc Type All That Glitters Omega GrainMAC e/s Blanc TypeBlanc Type Eyeshadow

4.7

The perfect brow bone highlighter for fair-medium skin tones. I love to use it as a blending shade as well, it makes every eye look a lot softer and smoother.

on 11/15/2016 6:59:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

My all-time favourite eyeshadow. This colour almost matches my skintone, just a tiny bit lighter / brighter. I am fair and cool toned (NW 15) for reference. I use this colour as a browbone highlight, lid colour to neutralize any redness or veiny-ness, to blend out my crease colour and to clean up mistakes. I just love the matte squared texture and am sad Mac has chosen to discontinue it. Thank Goddess I recently purchased two backup pans.

on 10/21/2016 10:14:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other

OK, now I'm really mad at MAC. Many of their shadows look great in the pan but go on blotchy or blah. This one goes one smooth, creamy and true, and is the top performer of my MAC palette, which I pull out all the time for use with other palettes too ... as a shadow base for my light, cool lids, or to brighten/clean up other shadows.

I recently dropped the palette and this one, classic shade broke up. Went to MAC's site to refill, and WHAT, it's gone! Only available as a single, free-standing shadow. Who can use those?

Leaving me with a palette containing about 75% lackluster shadows, and no Blanc Type to make them work!

on 7/11/2016 8:08:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Blanc Type is da bomb! Perfect for a matte brow bone highlight or a pop of brightness on the lids. I'm NC35 for reference and I can't do without this shade in my palette.

It is creamy white colour, quite cool toned. Very good pigmentation and blendability. Sets well on the lid, does not crease. Great for using in the inner corner of the eye or under brow.

on 2/7/2016 9:02:00 PM

Blanc type is one of those iconic MAC shadows that I use over any primer base I place on my lids. This matte shade blends into my own skin tone making it look softer and making it much easier to shade and blend out my other shadows. Excellent also for a highlight under the brows and even for a nice clean look on the lid with no other shadow. Excellent for everyone but especially anyone of age ... the matte doesn't exaggerate lines - on the contrary it helps blur them ... would not be without this ... have back ups.

on 1/26/2016 7:11:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I love the color of this shadow. It's creamy and pigment, which seems to be a plus when watching youtube videos. But I've noticed that shadows like this do not last on me. When I wear this on my lid and a brown in my crease, this does not stay. Within a few hours it has creased. By hour 4 it is completely gone. The only way I use it now is for a base color, with others on top. I wouldn't buy this again.

on 10/22/2015 4:07:00 PM

I was psyched when I saw I hadn't reviewed this shadow, but surprised, in a way. It is one of my absolute favorite shadows. It is a true cream color--no pink, no grey, no peach. You get the picture. It is very pigmented, which is typical of the matte2 shades. It is similar to brule, which is a satin, but blanc type is a better shadow, no question. Brule is ever so slightly more tan. It is also a lot less pigmented. I would call it a sheer wash. So I would use it if, let's say, I put a lid color on that I felt was a shade too dark. This would bring it down a notch. I would use blanc type, on the other hand, as an all over color, or when I use a lid color that's like, holy crap, that's TOO dark to use as a lid shade. This will bring it down as many shades as I need it to. I buy it in the pan even though I hate the magnet MAC puts on their shadows. They are too flush with the bottom, so the shadows only stay nicely in MAC palettes (I prefer a Z palette). So I have to pull off the magnet, pry the sticker off, super glue on a Z palette magnet, then put the sticker back on. What a hassle.

on 7/3/2015 12:01:00 PM

This is my go to shade for creating a natural looking eye. My eyes are deep set and have a bluish red tent on my lids. The contrast with my medium fair skin tone makes me look like a Holywood makeup artist has used special effects to make me appear as if I am a character in a film, that only days to live. I use the paint pot Painterly as a base and then use this shade all over. These instantly make me look revived and healthy once again. It seems to be a great color for those of us with a light to maybe medium complexion, but maybe to light for anyone darker. For those that are darker, perhaps use as a highlighter only. This one is also a good one for us "mature ladies" as there is no sparkle to highlight all the wrinkles and crappieness we tend to have to deal with as we age.

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

I am extremely fair (the lightest shade in most foundations does not match me) and this is my favorite brow highlight color. MAC's Matte2 formula is very smooth and buttery.